\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

1 Piece Equips? You def don't see those too often. Nice! Also nice Sti's in the last couple of pages. Congrats retrohead.

I lurk this thread everyone once in a while and saw the soap topic came up. What's everyone's car wash/dry methods and tools/products like? Any detailers in here? Recently got my car repainted so i'm trying to keep it looking new.
Thanks man. Not much of a detailer but guys think I detail my car once I get done washing it. All I use are one shammy strictly for the soap mix. Then a shammy after I'm done rinsing. Car comes out very clean. No water marks.

Just picked this beast up a few days ago. 2016 Rubicon Hardrock. Love it!

2ci896s.jpg
My boss has this in white. Too sick. Hope you have snow to play in. Or at least some rocky/muddy terrain
smokin.gif

1 Piece Equips? You def don't see those too often. Nice! Also nice Sti's in the last couple of pages. Congrats retrohead.

I lurk this thread everyone once in a while and saw the soap topic came up. What's everyone's car wash/dry methods and tools/products like? Any detailers in here? Recently got my car repainted so i'm trying to keep it looking new.

Where to start? Lol

The best way to keep paint looking good is to keep it scratch/swirl free. That means proper washing and drying techniques because that's where 90% of swirls come from. I do a two-bucket wash to keep dirt from prevent too much dirty from being mixed in with the soapy water. Then I use two large microfiber towels when I dry. They should be fairly plush to hold onto dirt and dust that may be on the paint surface. I also spray a light mist of waterless wash over the car before I dry cause it acts as drying aid and mild lubricant. This is just basics. There's a whole science to detailing if you really want to get into it.

ok so i was doing some reading around...........

2015 audi s3 vs 2015 subaru sti

based off both cars stock

s3 wins 0-60 (some places i see s3 is 4.4 other places i see 4.7 which is same as sti)
s3 wins 1/4 mile
s3 wins mpg
s3 comes with 19s stock sti 18s

the same price

looks are subjective, i have a bias.....i like both cars though

S3 does not come with manual...........STI does (props on that)

new BMW Ms are dope but over my budget an i refuse to buy a 2008

finally, ill just leave this here

Damn BUICK? That came out of left field.

I'm surprised Porsche is so high up there, my 911 only has 11k and it's been bulletproof. My Panamera is nearing 50k and they had to replace some hybrid battery connector under warranty and that's it.

I bought extended for both though at time of purchase. If an oil change is 400, I don't wanna know what anything else costs.

Edit: Also replaced the AC compressor or condenser or something cause it was squealing in the Panamera.

Last edited:

Damn BUICK? That came out of left field.

I'm surprised Porsche is so high up there, my 911 only has 11k and it's been bulletproof. My Panamera is nearing 50k and they had to replace some hybrid battery connector under warranty and that's it.

I bought extended for both though at time of purchase. If an oil change is 400, I don't wanna know what anything else costs.

Edit: Also replaced the AC compressor or condenser or something cause it was squealing in the Panamera.

Really? Porsche is pretty well known for their dependability. I think in like the past decade they've been in the top 5 every year for JD.

Maybe it's just that Euro stigma.

Last edited:

Thanks man. Not much of a detailer but guys think I detail my car once I get done washing it. All I use are one shammy strictly for the soap mix. Then a shammy after I'm done rinsing. Car comes out very clean. No water marks.
Same i've been using shammy's for years never thought about using two differents ones though.
Where to start? Lol

The best way to keep paint looking good is to keep it scratch/swirl free. That means proper washing and drying techniques because that's where 90% of swirls come from. I do a two-bucket wash to keep dirt from prevent too much dirty from being mixed in with the soapy water. Then I use two large microfiber towels when I dry. They should be fairly plush to hold onto dirt and dust that may be on the paint surface. I also spray a light mist of waterless wash over the car before I dry cause it acts as drying aid and mild lubricant. This is just basics. There's a whole science to detailing if you really want to get into it.
I've been looking into it a bit and it's 
eek.gif
 some of the stuff seems way too OD for me, dudes pulling out the leaf blower everytime to dry. I want to get a pretty good technique going so I don't mind learning. I would normally just get the green autozone mf mitt throw some soap on it and get to work lol.

The two bucket method with the grit guards is what I plan on using from now on. @vegasf1  mentioned the carpro merino wool mitt and I see everyone praises that one so i'll be copping one. Meguiars gold class for soap most likely.

Info on the waterless wash to use to help dry?

Same i've been using shammy's for years never thought about using two differents ones though.
I've been looking into it a bit and it's :wow:  some of the stuff seems way too OD for me, dudes pulling out the leaf blower everytime to dry. I want to get a pretty good technique going so I don't mind learning. I would normally just get the green autozone mf mitt throw some soap on it and get to work lol.

The two bucket method with the grit guards is what I plan on using from now on. @vegasf1
 mentioned the carpro merino wool mitt and I see everyone praises that one so i'll be copping one. Meguiars gold class for soap most likely.

Info on the waterless wash to use to help dry?

Many of the products I use are by Adam's so I use their Waterless Wash or their Detail Spray as a drying aid.

A lot of people that detail seem to be borderline OCD so I can see why it may be too much to a lot of people. :lol:

08 m3 gonna throw you da hands papi

I'm gonna get that work

My boys VW r32 would smash on an 08 m3 easy, talked to him today might go to waterfest with him

Also......he said it's like BMW are giving away cars.....he sees m3 and m4s all over these days. He lives in Queens Village NY.

???? the vwr32 only has 250hp

the m235i > s3

His car is FAR from stock. He won a trophy just last year......yea that's air bag suspension btw not some springs.

He personally let me take it on the hwy when i bought wheels off him for my Jetta way back. His brother in law has a 2016 STI in red that I posted on here before.

Btw the new m2 is sick, I like it, I can afford it but I'm an Audi guy plus s3 cost less. Thank you. I like NEW Ms just don't like dudes in 2008s with pawn shop watches who live with mom and dad.

Last edited:
shoulda at least gone with the RS3 if you wanna try to put yourself in any sort of conversation with an ///M car.

that said, i do like the S3 over the STI

are u trolling me fam is the trophy track related or car show related going with the latter :lol:

Last edited:
shoulda at least gone with the RS3 if you wanna try to put yourself in any sort of conversation with an ///M car.

I don't wanna wait for rs3 so I'll get s3 and mod for now an ill be fine.

I have nothing against M BMW at all I like them.

What I do have a prob is with Big Boss I'll just come out and say it. He is a D Bag, I know kids like him and they need a reality check.

wcis would be proud when i say this but da s3 has a front wheel drive bias in its "awd"

I don't wanna wait for rs3 so I'll get s3 and mod for now an ill be fine.

I have nothing against M BMW at all I like them.

What I do have a prob is with Big Boss I'll just come out and say it. He is a D Bag, I know kids like him and they need a reality check.
Well he's banned from the thread permanently so no need to keep on the M hating train 
laugh.gif

S3 is a nice looking car sir. What color are you going with?

Well he's banned from the thread permanently so no need to keep on the M hating train :lol:

S3 is a nice looking car sir. What color are you going with?

I'm fine man

I'm ready to act my age now, I'm done being petty.

Ms are good, i can't believe how much they cost now.......i was literally on the website last night..........maybe ill get a used one down the road.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom