\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

It's going the path of the NSX, sales are going to bottom out soon. 

The 8 years too late facelift screams NSX to me.

GT-Rs aren't 911s, you can't get away with that for 10 years.

Last edited:
What did I start lol. Again the benefits are there and I'm by no means trying to knock anybody. Valid points in general from unknown and young king.

My boy back in the day had an EG with I/H/E. He took the power steering out. That's all he did to the car. Like no fam. I tried parking his car and straight up got out and told him to do it.

Now if you're going to go above and start doing internal work, or F/I, or complete weight reduction, now you in business

NSX platform just doesn't have the potential the GT-R has, performance-wise.

We'll have to see how that depreciation is in a few years. They can make the GT-R as ugly as sin, people who buy the car care about what it has to offer, chassis, suspension, tuner potential, etc.

It's just apples to melons

NSX platform just doesn't have the potential the GT-R has, performance-wise.

We'll have to see how that depreciation is in a few years. They can make the GT-R as ugly as sin, people who buy the car care about what it has to offer, chassis, suspension, tuner potential, etc.

It's just apples to melons
They won't be buying it new, that's what I'm seeing. NSX was a great car, but you can't expect to keep the same car going for a very long time without it aging and withering in demand. Comparing it to the Skyline era where they were getting replaced within 3 years. Sure they were similar underneath, but it still was refreshing, like the 996-997 Porsches.

Last edited:
What did I start lol. Again the benefits are there and I'm by no means trying to knock anybody. Valid points in general from unknown and young king.

My boy back in the day had an EG with I/H/E. He took the power steering out. That's all he did to the car. Like no fam. I tried parking his car and straight up got out and told him to do it.

Now if you're going to go above and start doing internal work, or F/I, or complete weight reduction, now you in business

The whole point is sacrificing drivability for a bit of performance if you're not using it as a track/drag dedicated car.

It's silly, that's all there is to it. Deleting power steering and AC and thinking about DDing it, it's going to be a terrible drive. And if it's basically close to stock? No, you're not doing it, man. I'm just trying to give honest advice to anybody even thinking about it.

Boost it, and reduce weight with other methods. I.e: Adding CF components, titanium exhaust systems, interior, etc. of course, this is going to cost you probably more than the car is worth, but that's the right way to do it.

Deleting AC and power steering on a basically stock car? Just leave it alone, a stock 330 will pull on you. Word to racer greg

Nah 996 an all around pile of ****
Lolwut, they're amazing, good handling cars with far more reliable engines than the air cooled death traps, and are elegantly styled.

only driven a 993 and 996 C4

Last edited:
Lol, I was a skinny teenager when I had to use my EG w/o power steering. It wasn't difficult even when at a stop. I could literally steer it with 1 arm with some effort. I bought the car from an old lady and even she drove it for over 12 years prior and was the original owner.

Drove a few other ****** beaters back then without power steering too. Cars from the 80s and 90s weighed a lot less.

Last edited:
Replaced my factory with a 9" alpine

Tried to scoop another '17 White STi for about $30k 0 miles.
My moms(like my financial advisor) didn't let me >:

Such a steal man :frown: :smh:

Same person that made me not buy a new DB9 when the incident happened :smh:

Wanted to store/barely drive the LE and build it while I daily my '17. Said there's no point in paying insurance on both cars and interest after I put a decent down payment on the new car, plus throwing another $20+k on the LE to build it.

She's right but it can easily be done, she's big on just saving and ****, helps me on some investments but she also helps my bro.

I'm lucky I convinced her to buy new wheels and suspension telling her the wide tires help me be safer as it provides more traction, and the stiff suspension parts helped me turn better and avoid accidents because I had better control of the car(in a way she understood of course) :lol: .

Told her I wasn't going to drive the car with the stock sound system since it as unbearable and needed an upgrade. Good thing she thought it wasn't going to be anywhere near what I paid for parts, labor including sound deadening and custom computer-built box

I'm happy she lets me buy gold as I please, though :lol:

Just gave my pops a brand new 130g 32" white gold Cuban chain for Father's Day. She had no problem either :lol:

Last edited:
Hmmm so I've noticed that my car is feeling extra sluggish lately. Sometimes it gets kind of stuck at 2k rpm while in 1st gear then it goes up. Read that cleaning the maf sensor could help a lot with throttle response. Any other ideas of what it could be?
It feels especially sluggish while the AC is on. But I know that's supposed to happen

Last edited:
If you start losing power in an STi, most likely you have a failed motor :lol:

Stock EJ's are ******* fragile, and now the more subie people I meet and interact with, the more common I see engine failure. Mostly.......ringland :lol:

Unless things have changed..... Sgamon has a Mustang, not a STi.

sgamon sgamon , plugged cats could cause that if you're still on the stockers.

No, I was just making a statement about STi's. I think his car is in his Avy.

Anyway, stopped by the suspension shop doing all the work of getting her perfectly lined and wheels fitted once the parts are installed and wheels are mounted.

Some subies over there

Hmmm so I've noticed that my car is feeling extra sluggish lately. Sometimes it gets kind of stuck at 2k rpm while in 1st gear then it goes up. Read that cleaning the maf sensor could help a lot with throttle response. Any other ideas of what it could be?
It feels especially sluggish while the AC is on. But I know that's supposed to happen
Spark plugs maybe?

Just saw a white one in the city.ehoever was driving let off the gas and it made that burbly v8 sound :pimp:

Unless things have changed..... Sgamon has a Mustang, not a STi.

sgamon sgamon , plugged cats could cause that if you're still on the stockers.

But it always has to come back to the STI.

That was a negative aspect of an STi.

It would help if you would not come in here and troll, criticizing people posting about their cars when responding to a post that sometimes shows engine failure.

Have a discussion and contribute for christs sake, that is what the thread is for. Leave all the poison and negativity out of here.

Last edited:
That was a negative aspect of an STi.

It would help if you would not come in here and troll, criticizing people posting about their cars when responding to a post that sometimes shows engine failure.

Have a discussion and contribute for christs sake, that is what the thread is for. Leave all the poison and negativity out of here.

:rofl:

nvm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom