\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Black is G.O.A.T. Silver is underrated imo. Seen some dope silver rides

My last black car looked better slightly dirty than freshly washed. Swirls and whatnot galore. I coudve been much nicer to the paint but still. Meh. I like black cars but I coudnt do another one. Silver is very underrated. I feel like people think of either a dark color or white and silver is never the “light option” due to white.

Hey buddy, your very welcome. 👍 You'll have a good time. As far as cars being replicas? I mean they do have some kit car Cobras for sale. They also have a real CSX2000 Cobra which is roped off. For the most part the cars are great. And plenty of backroads to drive through. Oh, and a Sheetz isn't too far from the collection. Some hate it, I actually like it. Much more selection of food vs a Wawa (which is good but choices are stale, in regards to nothing new). You'll have a good time. 🙏
That CSX2000 sounds awesome! Can't wait to see that & the original 1904 Cadillac they got. What's good at Sheetz? Never heard of them. What do you usually get from there? Wawa is a fast food joint or supermarket? My bad I'm from NYC so don't know about these places lol.

When you buy a Factory Five Cobra/Daytona Coupe kit, Superformance, the kit comes with a MSO. Manufacturer's Start of Origin. That will have a VIN which will go to the state so they can register it under the year the replica is supposed to be from. I have ZERO issues with a kit car. I think they are fantastic. Especially ones from FF or Superformance. In reality, a real 289/427 Cobra is just too valuable to drive on the road. And if you ever see a Cobra Daytona Coupe, it's a kit. How do I know? It's because they only made 6. One (the prototype) is in the Simeone museum in Philly, one or two is in the Shelby museum in Boulder Colorado and the last few in private collections.

I've seen a FF Daytona and they are VERY VERY well designed. If I had the room to build one (my garage already has my Mustang & my wife's '69 Camaro in it, so no room) and the tools, I would definitely strive for one. I already have the assembly manual and in reality, it's not that hard, once you read the instructions. It's all about time, cash on hand and having connections to get it done.

It's why SEMA came out with a law that allows small manufacturers to build a kit car with an engine in it, where as in the past it wasn't allowed (built to roller status before the buyer had to take it to a shop to get the motor installed). But a FF Daytona is just beautiful!! And my ultimate dream car is and always be a 2005-2006 Ford GT. But they are now around $300K for lower mileage ones. So that is something I'll never get (which upsets me A LOT, being I've driven them so much and just LOVE IT). So a kit car GT40 is a good second option. Smaller, definitely, and more track oriented, but still street legal and A/C is optional, and depending on the brand of build (ERA, Bailey, etc) some are around $100K used when they come up for sale. It's nice to dream.
Had no idea what an MSO was...learn something new everyday, thank you. Some people despise kit/replica/tribute cars. I'll appreciate em but would never buy because in the back of my head I'll always have that stigma that it's just a fake lol. But I hear ya some legendary cars are too valuable/rare to drive on the open road so next best thing is to make it's replica. Had no idea one of the OG Cobras are in Philly. Going to hit up that museum next time I'm in Philly which should be soon. Hope you get that 05 Ford GT someday be it OG or replica.

I remember when people where making fun of Lexus grillz comparing them to predator. :lol:
IMG_7558-860x573.jpg

Seen this hideous thing on the road :lol:
What are car company's doing 🤦🏽‍♂️
Looks like a more polished version of a 2010 Nissan Rogue with a better front fascia lol

My last black car looked better slightly dirty than freshly washed. Swirls and whatnot galore. I coudve been much nicer to the paint but still. Meh. I like black cars but I coudnt do another one. Silver is very underrated. I feel like people think of either a dark color or white and silver is never the “light option” due to white.
Yeah black paint magnifies every imperfection especially in the sun. It's a major pain in the ***. Like that '88 M6 I posted. Beautiful through & through but the body & hood for sure had major paint marring on it. Easily can be fixed though. What you said about silver is true. Most people look for neutral colors and black & white are top 2 choices. The in between silver always gets overlooked. Always felt anything Mercedes looks gorgeous in silver esp their SUVs

Yeah black paint magnifies every imperfection especially in the sun. It's a major pain in the ***. Like that '88 M6 I posted. Beautiful through & through but the body & hood for sure had major paint marring on it. Easily can be fixed though. What you said about silver is true. Most people look for neutral colors and black & white are top 2 choices. The in between silver always gets overlooked. Always felt anything Mercedes looks gorgeous in silver esp their SUVs

Ahh I was with you til the end. MB SUV’s def look better in white or black. Certain silver sedans and coupes are very much appreciated though. If I coudnt get a white c43 id def consider silver before black. Im not much of a graphite grey person though technically ive has 2 gray cars, my Civic right now is Honda’s “nardo” type gray but it has some purple-ish blue-ish tint to it. I personally like it a lot, though I do wish it was more nardo-esque.

7439CF03-499B-49F8-9A2C-806E56AE7692.jpeg

B92E4CD5-3D86-4A89-9E84-E02C5EA252DD.jpeg

Attachments

• 3409427A-A742-424A-9AB7-F176B4C38DE0.jpeg
    3409427A-A742-424A-9AB7-F176B4C38DE0.jpeg
    14.6 KB · Views: 8
Ahh I was with you til the end. MB SUV’s def look better in white or black. Certain silver sedans and coupes are very much appreciated though. If I coudnt get a white c43 id def consider silver before black. Im not much of a graphite grey person though technically ive has 2 gray cars, my Civic right now is Honda’s “nardo” type gray but it has some purple-ish blue-ish tint to it. I personally like it a lot, though I do wish it was more nardo-esque.

my Honda is described as metallic silver I believe it was. it was the most low key colour availible since green wasn't offered that year. I Still haven't fixed all this tree sap that messed my paint up, maybe I'll just repaint the car to green if I ever get the time. speaking of green, I think it's a good choice for your military/sporting style SUVs (green/tan seats) . Benz SUVs which aren't exactly my idea of a military or hunting truck look especially good in darker green too IMO (ML & GLE come to mind)

7439CF03-499B-49F8-9A2C-806E56AE7692.jpeg

B92E4CD5-3D86-4A89-9E84-E02C5EA252DD.jpeg
White does look good on Mercedes SUV. That's a good looking grey you got. I see the purple blue tint in the 2nd pic.

I had them painted by my body shop. The intake is a LegMaker intake, which is a carbon fiber intake. Took 8 weeks to get that.
That's wassup. The carbonfiber look is soo sleek & smooth man, straight :emoji_fire:, loving it :emoji_ok_hand:. 8 weeks- because of back order or Covid?

Back
Top Bottom