\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I wonder if it runs & drives because it's registered with plates. Usually cars in this shape would be off the street and in the driveway or garage. Roof is very iffy. That headlight appears to be bigger than the left one...could be the angle. Out of curiosity what makes this too long gone compared cars that andretti andretti posted a page back & other cars of that condition? On tv people be reviving cars that literally crumble if you touch em or is that mostly tv magic?
Really comes down to time/money, a good shop can certainly bring back that roof. However does the owner want to spend the money on the time it will take to bring it back. This car is probably going to fall into the restoration category so shops charge more for bodywork than say a new car. Never understood what differentiates it, but they love slapping restoration on a car to increase the hourly rate for labor.

Toll evasion :smh: . They taped a leaf :lol:.MTA just caught this dude who owes over 50grand in unpaid tolls. Career toll evader. When they pull the car over he himself wasn't in the car but his wife & kids were. Needless to say they towed the car & his trial will start sometime this month. Why can't people just pay the damn toll like the majority of everyone else does...pure stupidity.
Tolls are expensive as a MOFO man, I get it. However you need to be prepared for the consequences. Here in VA we have a new HOV express lane, when it opened a 10 mile stretch cost 34.50. Crazy they have no oversight on something like that. Company in charge has free reign to charge what they like.
I-66 express lanes debut with $34.50 toll, among the highest in U.S. - The Washington Post

So, I found a 2019 M2 Comp for $58,994 with 12k miles. Has Executive Package.

Y'all think I should make the plunge? Or hold off and wait for prices to normalize? RN the price is a little under MSRP when it was new.

Even with the low mileage, and a reduction of 15% from when it was new, I have to imagine the true value of the car should be closer to $52k?

Toll companies are predatory scams.
Put them MOFO's up there with ponzi schemes

Y'all think I should make the plunge? Or hold off and wait for prices to normalize? RN the price is a little under MSRP when it was new.

Even with the low mileage, and a reduction of 15% from when it was new, I have to imagine the true value of the car should be closer to $52k?
I remember you saying in this thread or another you did alright for yourself. So obviously the price isn't going to hurt you or cause you to stumble. Do you need or want the car right now, if it is just want I say wait until winter/spring next year. Prices HOPEFULLY will have normalized a bit. Plus depending on your location you really going to drive it in the winter?

5plzuc.jpg

Put them MOFO's up there with ponzi schemes

I remember you saying in this thread or another you did alright for yourself. So obviously the price isn't going to hurt you or cause you to stumble. Do you need or want the car right now, if it is just want I say wait until winter/spring next year. Prices HOPEFULLY will have normalized a bit. Plus depending on your location you really going to drive it in the winter?

Yeah, I have, but it makes no sense for me to overpay on something I don't necessarily NEED right now. I honestly just want a car right now to take me to and from Connecticut sometimes when I meet some some clients. Borrowing cars and/or taking an Uber has been tiresome.

I live in NYC and we've been getting a lot of snow the past few years. This would also be my main car, so I would put winter tires and drive it, when possible.

Folks keep guessing what dates prices will normalize with no real trending data to support it.

Good point. The only real indicator we can rely on would have to be the Manheim Wholesale Car index. Also, we could evaluate movement in order fulfillment for new cars. Once those numbers start growing, we can begin to conclude prices to normalize.

Don't give in papi

hold ur ground we will prosper 2022 inshallah
Folks keep guessing what dates prices will normalize with no real trending data to support it.

Well i think its due to covid affecting production in asian countries especially where they don't have vacccines and its causing the factories to shut down

I work for a shoe company we haven't made a shoe in like 9 weeks due to factory closures.

I imaginein9 months there will be either more "herd immunity"and higher vax rates which would allow production to increase.

I could be wrong tho

It's more than just factory closures due to covid, there's chip shortages, rising shipping costs etc.
I agree, but i think at the core its because there are no humans able to work

correct me if i'm wrong, just been seeing this on the news alot

Dude happy birthday!
Both my grandparents died before I was a teenager so I missed out on all their cars, my neighbor ended up buying my grandfather's El Camino. He had a 2003 Ford Lightning that got sold too, total bummer.
I love your neighbors fox looks nice with the torq thrusts.
Thank you for the well wishes :smile: . Ahh man, that sucks, bet they had some gems. Wonder how that Camino is doing nowadays. Ohh that Lightning is :pimp:. Paul Walker had that in the first F&F. Looks great in red or blue. Yeah his fox is dope. Never knew that's what the rims were called- I like em a lot. I always thought they were Cragar
Happy bday 🙏🏽
Thanks homie

Really comes down to time/money, a good shop can certainly bring back that roof. However does the owner want to spend the money on the time it will take to bring it back. This car is probably going to fall into the restoration category so shops charge more for bodywork than say a new car. Never understood what differentiates it, but they love slapping restoration on a car to increase the hourly rate for labor.

Tolls are expensive as a MOFO man, I get it. However you need to be prepared for the consequences. Here in VA we have a new HOV express lane, when it opened a 10 mile stretch cost 34.50. Crazy they have no oversight on something like that. Company in charge has free reign to charge what they like.
I-66 express lanes debut with $34.50 toll, among the highest in U.S. - The Washington Post
True def comes down to what someone wants to pay to bring it back. Anything to increase them hourly rates lol. Tolls are expensive. I've read the Verrazano's bridge here in NY is the most expensive bridge crossing in all of U.S.- $19. If you're a resident of Staten Island you get a discount. Goddamn $34.50? :wow: but for 10 miles I guess it kind of makes sense. I've also read FL has the most tolled roads. My neighbor has a lot of family in FL & he said you can't drive more than 5 mins on FL highways without hitting a toll. They're much cheaper tolls like 10cents here another 5cents there but he's got family spread-out from North to South of FL & he says his pockets bleed on tolls alone when he's down there.

It's more than just factory closures due to covid, there's chip shortages, rising shipping costs etc.
I agree, but i think at the core its because there are no humans able to work

correct me if i'm wrong, just been seeing this on the news alot

I own a PE firm and we own some production factories out in Asia.

I can tell you the attribution to rising cost and scarcity of supply is a combination of several moving parts:

1. Lack to abled bodies who are willing to work
2. A lot of people just do not want to work or cannot due to lack of available vaccination
3. Production shortage due to supplies. The automotive industry has been hit hardest due to a sem-conductor chip shortage
4. Rising costs of distribution and shipment
5. Inflation

Now, everything above should be corrected over time, but item #5 is the kicker. We need to see what the federal reserve is willing to do to address this issue. Unfortunately, it's also our greatest concern as well.

Note below: A visual representation of how poorly effected the chip-shortage has been to the automotive industry...

The good news though, is we're seeing more orders for new vehicles being fulfilled. And wholesale pricing has seemed to have gone down by 2-3% from the last quarter. There seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel here. Also, there's been whispers of an impending recession within the horizon. Should this come to fruition, we should see pricing come down even further.

1633639026354.png

If you’re interested move in on it and see if they will budge. If they won’t reasonably just hold out.

If you’re interested move in on it and see if they will budge. If they won’t reasonably just hold out.

I doubt it. Did a bit of digging, and the dealership where it's being sold from (Fiat), has a reputation for not negotiating price. Besides, the market value today for this car is really high and I've been seeing a lot of people buying cars around this price.

This is truly emulating the sneaker reselling pricing model. I just don't understand what's happening here. A bigger fear of mine is this is the product of inflation, which is a whole other bag of worms.

I own a PE firm and we own some production factories out in Asia.

I can tell you the attribution to rising cost and scarcity of supply is a combination of several moving parts:

1. Lack to abled bodies who are willing to work
2. A lot of people just do not want to work or cannot due to lack of available vaccination
3. Production shortage due to supplies. The automotive industry has been hit hardest due to a sem-conductor chip shortage
4. Rising costs of distribution and shipment
5. Inflation

Now, everything above should be corrected over time, but item #5 is the kicker. We need to see what the federal reserve is willing to do to address this issue. Unfortunately, it's also our greatest concern as well.

Note below: A visual representation of how poorly effected the chip-shortage has been to the automotive industry...

The good news though, is we're seeing more orders for new vehicles being fulfilled. And wholesale pricing has seemed to have gone down by 2-3% from the last quarter. There seems to be some light at the end of the tunnel here. Also, there's been whispers of an impending recession within the horizon. Should this come to fruition, we should see pricing come down even further.

1633639026354.png
great reply ty for the info

great reply ty for the info

NP.

I'm not going to pretend to know when exactly we'll see pricing come down or even correct, because no one really can. Not even the industry experts who get paid a lot of money to be even remotely correct can tell you for sure.

The best thing you can do is assess what the pricing trends look like quarter over quarter and then do a comp of 1 YTD analysis to understand if something new has normalized, or if we're getting close to a correction.

That's really the best we can do right now.

Back
Top Bottom