\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I haven't been very nice to the new MC20, and I'm still not 100% sold on the design, but I have to admit it looks a lot better in red.

Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 12.59.05 PM.png

I haven't been very nice to the new MC20, and I'm still not 100% sold on the design, but I have to admit it looks a lot better in red.

Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 12.59.05 PM.png

That looks fantastic in red. I've gotten to see several lately being the Maserati dealer is about 20 minutes from my home. And they also sell Lamborghini out of that store as the Lamborghini building isn't finished yet. But when they got in the blue MC20, it was stunning! Also had a black one as well. These cars have a cool style to them AND the doors going up also help a bunch. These will most likely depreciate over time (not now but a few years from now) and they may be a great value if they drop like the Grand Turismo drops. Only time will tell.

There's two absolute dream cars on BAT right now. 2006 Ford GT and a 2007 911 GT3 RS. 997 might go for $300k... sheesh.

There's two absolute dream cars on BAT right now. 2006 Ford GT and a 2007 911 GT3 RS. 997 might go for $300k... sheesh.

That Tungsten GT will do over $500K. These are now half-million dollar cars, and it will never come down. Tungsten is a fantastic color. When I was at the dealership, a good family friend owned one in this color. Older guy in his 70s. Would always call me up to come get it and bring it in for anything it needed (inspection, oil change, recall, you name it).

He knew I wouldn't mess it up and respected it (I did). He even told me to take it home for the weekend when the shop was done with it, lol. I never did that (though I regretted not doing that). I did take my coworkers out for rides around the block. The owner was a wonderfully kind man and a true car guy (he & my dad went back over 60 years and knew me since I was born. I'm 45 now)

Sad when he passed around 2018 as I miss him stopping by, checking in on how I was feeling health wise (he knew of my liver transplant many years prior and my battle with severe Crohn's). I knew all his cars would be sold (he had a Contemporary Cobra kit car, which back in the day, were so close to the real think, you'd have to really look to tell the difference visually, among other cool things. Always dreamed of him leaving the GT to me in his will. Sadly that didn't happen. But had it happened, I would have cared for that car like it was my child (and I don't have kids nor want them). But he always gave me the opportunity to drive my dream car. Now, it's an unobtainable dream car with values so high (Heritage models are $700K depending on miles). I'll keep striving for my Lotus. That will work nicely & it's definitely obtainable. 👍👍 I miss ya Bob! 🙏🙏😢😢

Newbie to the car world, so this may be a dumb question, but if GT3’s appreciate so much, why don’t more people buy them to resell after a few years? Seems like a pretty decent investment.

Newbie to the car world, so this may be a dumb question, but if GT3’s appreciate so much, why don’t more people buy them to resell after a few years? Seems like a pretty decent investment.

If your talking about buying a new GT3? That isn't really as easy as it sounds. One can't just walk into a Porsche dealer and order one at MSRP. You really have to have an allocation to get one and to get said allocation, one usually is a returning prior client who bought cars from the dealer already (sales history with the store) That said, you can probably buy one from some places that have a cancelled order but prepare to pay the ADM for one (going rate is somewhere around $60K over list in my area). And the ADM basically eliminates the profit one can make.

For used, buying one now is kinda not feasible as everything is so over the moon high right now. It's why some manufacturers and or dealers have clients sign forms that state they have to hold onto said vehicle for X amount of time before they are allowed to sell to anyone. And some of those forms give the selling dealer first right of refusal, so they can get it back and resell themselves. It's a weird process.

Really feel like the buying and selling of new/used car process is in need of disruption. Carvana tried to do this but from what I've heard they have a horrible reputation of barely checking the condition of a used car and taking junk and reselling.

Damn bros recently sold my 2007 Toyota 4Runner 250k mi for $14k
B645027D-D830-431B-8313-DB7DF1DECE56.jpeg

Had to get a 2022 Tesla Model Y and just got it back from shop (3m matte dark grey wrap)
37711A23-EFB8-478F-A9E2-E98CD6B35CB8.jpeg

Loved my 15 yo workhorse, but it was time … esp with my 100mi commute to and from work.

Last edited:
you can't buy a gt3 if you aren't in with Porsche.

Exactly. Much simple than my long winded post, lol! 😂. Same with Ferrari. Yeah, your not buying a new 812 or SF90 or F8. But they will be happy to sell you a new Portofino or Roma. Buy those and then MAYBE they'll let you buy one of the high end cars.

McLaren & Lamborghini are much easier to get stuff. You can honestly walk into a Lamborghini store and order an STO (when orders were being taken, which I believe are still able to be done. Now, the Sian, or new Countach are a different matter. But even the SVJ was easy to get when they were able to be ordered.

I’m curious about the new 4runner motors. Obviously it will have a boosted 4cyl.

I’m hoping they make a diesel (yeah right) but the next best thing would be a hybrid to me that looks regular and not some stupid looking version. Make it just as capable as a gas engine and I’d buy.

Had to get a 2022 Tesla Model Y and just got it back from shop (3m matte dark grey wrap)

Loved my 15 yo workhorse, but it was time … esp with my 100mi commute to and from work.
Nice. I literally just did the same thing. Traded in my 2008 Suburban with 140k miles for $10k and bought the MYP.

F those $165 full tank days.

What's it cost to wrap a Y?

Nice, my car is going in for the satin version of this color. Wanted to do satin black again but I unfortunately have to park it outside.
I see you got an LR? For ****s and giggles I put mine into car buying websites and got offers for 68k and 69k. one year wait for these cars, tempting not to just flip and get a perf.

i Would’ve kept that 4runner, personally. I’d have bought it from you if you shared it here.

If your talking about buying a new GT3? That isn't really as easy as it sounds. One can't just walk into a Porsche dealer and order one at MSRP. You really have to have an allocation to get one and to get said allocation, one usually is a returning prior client who bought cars from the dealer already (sales history with the store) That said, you can probably buy one from some places that have a cancelled order but prepare to pay the ADM for one (going rate is somewhere around $60K over list in my area). And the ADM basically eliminates the profit one can make.

For used, buying one now is kinda not feasible as everything is so over the moon high right now. It's why some manufacturers and or dealers have clients sign forms that state they have to hold onto said vehicle for X amount of time before they are allowed to sell to anyone. And some of those forms give the selling dealer first right of refusal, so they can get it back and resell themselves. It's a weird process.
I just bought a Taycan and have great relationship with dealer. Financially, could make it work as well. Is there any risk? Do they ever drop in value? Seems like a no brainer if you can get on list.

Nice. I literally just did the same thing. Traded in my 2008 Suburban with 140k miles for $10k and bought the MYP.

F those $165 full tank days.

What's it cost to wrap a Y?

casper90403 casper90403
Got quite a bit, my guy is in Chino
3m matte dark gray
Satin black on the pillars
Full limo tint, 70% windshield
Calipers
Emblems
Ceramic coat
$3400

wear rare airs wear rare airs thats funny you say that, been seeing the Y LR up to 75K, kinda wanna flip it and get a X

4runner was such a great car to me, brand new eibach suspension and even had rear airbags but the 11mpg was becoming a turn off, passing smog (visual) was always an issue to due to a CAI i had in it.
F9623674-2C99-4CC7-8452-916E9E041BD0.jpeg

Last edited:
I’d venture to say buying a taycan doesn’t qualify as great. You need to either have bought several gt cars already, spent hundreds of thousands if not over a million or be very lucky to get one at sticker.

I just bought a Taycan and have great relationship with dealer. Financially, could make it work as well. Is there any risk? Do they ever drop in value? Seems like a no brainer if you can get on list.

Not all Porsche dealers are created equal. Higher volume dealers only will get allocations. The smaller your dealership the worse off you are (contrary to popular belief). During the hurricane in Louisiana last year I called the flooded ones hoping they would deal—and surprisingly basically none of them were even given an allocation, let alone for a Touring or PTS.

Used luxury car dealers are outbidding the Everyman for these cars. And dealers are selling the cars to them instead.

It’s not impossible, but it’s highly unlikely. GT3s have been over sticker since 2008, it’s nothing new. Even with your Taycan you don’t really stand a chance.

The best possible scenario is you have a 991.2 GT3 or GT3RS and you agree to trade it in to the dealer and also pay a small mark up. They take your money, plus screw you on the trade and mark your used car up to high heaven.

You might have a shot on a 911 Turbo.

I’ve been chasing one now for 7 years. I’m pretty much ready to skip the phase altogether and get a Ferrari now.

casper90403 casper90403
Got quite a bit, my guy is in Chino
3m matte dark gray
Satin black on the pillars
Full limo tint, 70% windshield
Calipers
Emblems
Ceramic coat
$3400

wear rare airs wear rare airs thats funny you say that, been seeing the Y LR up to 75K, kinda wanna flip it and get a X

4runner was such a great car to me, brand new eibach suspension and even had rear airbags but the 11mpg was becoming a turn off, passing smog (visual) was always an issue to due to a CAI i had in it.
F9623674-2C99-4CC7-8452-916E9E041BD0.jpeg

Well it’s a beaut, but I know the model Y is prob light years ahead of the T4R. My bro still has one and I drive it from time to time. It’s crazy how you gotta move the steering wheel like 3” to get any sort of response lol.

FYI there’s a few lift kits out there for the MY and they don’t look half bad set up for mild off road duty. Eibach I believe makes one.

81CBDCF6-A5A4-4A6C-A8A5-A627790C0829.jpeg

1D10EEFA-0763-40B7-A959-87CC24B22DDA.jpeg

Loving the drastic increase in the number of Teslas on the thread. The price talk is interesting. Its crazy cause yall are late and can still profit

I paid just under $65k for my MYP
Order the same spec today and it would be $71k

My parents paid $106k for their MX
Order the same spec today for $135k

I think they paid about 130k for MS Plaid
Order the same spec today for $157k

Wild

Back
Top Bottom