\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Can u get that at Autozone and is there a certain brand I should worry about regarding them microfiber towels?

Order it from autogeek.net

And they have good microfibers on there as well. Take your pick. I like the mango breeze ones. For quick detail sprays and cobra glass for glass cleaning.

Oh trust me, I am :D

Been doing some reading on the trailblazer ss forums, first mods will be an intake and electric fans
:smokin

NICE!!! Keep us posted!

you guys should get the absorber, heard it makes the microfibers obsolete and can dry your car in half of the time.

i gotta use like 15 microfibers to dry my car

its like 11 or 12 bucks but heard its worth it easily. gonna cop one tomorrow most likely

Muscle car repost... Green is what's up

also to that dude, where did you order the vinyl? when do you plan on doing it? if the material is cheap enough and the job is kinda easy for you then i might just try it for the hell of it.

could be something good to learn

Absorbers are good but I'm just used to using waffle weave MF's to dry.

You know how that saying goes in the detailing world, find something you like and use it often.

Use whatever works for you.

also to that dude, where did you order the vinyl? when do you plan on doing it? if the material is cheap enough and the job is kinda easy for you then i might just try it for the hell of it.

I've just got to get an oil change and get the brake fluid drained and replaced. I wanted to wait til I got that done this week, because I figured the car would get dirty somehow. once I get it back, I'm going to clean it all and prep the surface and then try to knock out a panel a day or something. my old roommates are in town today though so they said they'd come over and help me with the hood at least today. assuming we don't get caught up in some other stuff instead, I'll post pics by this evening of the hood.

I bought the material online (metrorestyling.com) for $500 or $600 (can't remember the exact amount right now). that included squeegeez, exacto knives, etc. you can buy cheap vinyl on eBay and stuff, but it apparently doesn't hold up as long. top brands are 3M 1080, Oracle, and Avery. you just have to make sure you're getting a vinyl specifically for cars. there are a lot of DIY videos on YouTube. they make it look kinda easy, but it's hard as a ***** by yourself. I think my main problem the first time I tried was not being able to lay the vinyl on the car the right way on both ends of it. should be easier today with help. if all works out, I'll be more than happy to give you any tips I learn of.

I've just got to get an oil change and get the brake fluid drained and replaced. I wanted to wait til I got that done this week, because I figured the car would get dirty somehow. once I get it back, I'm going to clean it all and prep the surface and then try to knock out a panel a day or something. my old roommates are in town today though so they said they'd come over and help me with the hood at least today. assuming we don't get caught up in some other stuff instead, I'll post pics by this evening of the hood.

I bought the material online (metrorestyling.com) for $500 or $600 (can't remember the exact amount right now). that included squeegeez, exacto knives, etc. you can buy cheap vinyl on eBay and stuff, but it apparently doesn't hold up as long. top brands are 3M 1080, Oracle, and Avery. you just have to make sure you're getting a vinyl specifically for cars. there are a lot of DIY videos on YouTube. they make it look kinda easy, but it's hard as a ***** by yourself. I think my main problem the first time I tried was not being able to lay the vinyl on the car the right way on both ends of it. should be easier today with help. if all works out, I'll be more than happy to give you any tips I learn of.

i picked a bad time, $500 is cheap for the material. how much feet of material?

me and my buddy could have done this, he has a lot of patience and real professional so im sure we could have done this but now he stated a new job :lol:

good luck brah and be patient

also theres a guy selling flat black 60ft by 5ft on ebay which is enough for a regular car for $250 shipped

he only has 5 feedback but thats hell of a deal

also theres a guy selling flat black 60ft by 5ft on ebay which is enough for a regular car for $250 shipped

he only has 5 feedback but thats hell of a deal

yeah I got 60x5 as well. it might be a generic brand though and from what i've read online, it probably won't last as long, but if it doesn't matter to you and you don't necessarily want it on there for a long time, it's worth a shot. 60 ft should be enough for a sedan with a little extra in case you mess up a couple times.

says 3m but i doubt it :lol:

doesnt seem like it would be very difficult if you have patience and do one panel at a time with another person. it will take litterally all day to do the car, maybe part of the next day as well if your a novice.

i might look more into it even at $500 for the materials which isnt too much if you can do the job.

what color did you end up buying? :nerd:

Good luck. Not as easy as it seems. You need heat gun also. I did my window trim. After one side I had a pro do it.

Yo, what do you guys use to wash/clean your windows? My uncle had me using newspapers to wipe the windows and I don't think that was how windows should look as I was doing it. 
laugh.gif

SaNTi0321
 and  
250caddy Nice whips

does newspaper really work? both inside and out? mine are dirty and i cannot get them clean for the life of me :x

Yo, what do you guys use to wash/clean your windows? My uncle had me using newspapers to wipe the windows and I don't think that was how windows should look as I was doing it. 
laugh.gif

SaNTi0321
 and  
250caddy Nice whips

does newspaper really work? both inside and out? mine are dirty and i cannot get them clean for the life of me :x

Wash the windows with a soapy water. Rinse windows with water, dry with newspaper. Leaves no streaks.

I use newspaper on the inside too.

Back
Top Bottom