\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

I can't argue with _s that think they're r/t's are fast cars

esp when they're on par with camrys, accords, sonatas, and altimas.

Honestly I didn't have 50k to spend on a car because if I did I would have copped the SRT 8 and not batted an eye.

But with my 35 k I could have bought a 2012 BMW 3 series with less than 8k miles easy since they depreciate in value so quickly.

Last edited:
What's hp and torque when your car weighs close to 5000 pounds?

When a V-6 Camry can line up next to a V-8 challenger and be near the E.T. and mph through the 1/4 mile, it's a pretty sobering thing.

Not promoting them in any way, but a single exhaust, ricer, with a small engine that can rival a V-8 is impressive.

And it should be respected.

I can't argue with _s that think they're r/t's are fast cars

esp when they're on par with camrys, accords, sonatas, and altimas.

Where the hell are you getting this?

A 6 speed r/t is going to murder all those cars in 1/4 and 0-60.

and its gonna HANDLE better too...all those FWD econo box crap cars got McPherson up front vs da challenger got a a full independent

SLA (short long arm) suspension.

monday flat out dunno about da technical aspects of whips, all he knows is "swaggin on slammed economy cars" :lol:

Lol u guyz

This wouldn't break your heart if you had a r/t?

Wouldnt break my heart at all.

0-60 doesnt mean ****.... R/T is still faster and on the highway or dragstrip after 60 the Honda will be left eating dust.

Last edited:
What's hp and torque when your car weighs close to 5000 pounds?

When a V-6 Camry can line up next to a V-8 challenger and be near the E.T. and mph through the 1/4 mile, it's a pretty sobering thing.

Not promoting them in any way, but a single exhaust, ricer, with a small engine that can rival a V-8 is impressive.

And it should be respected.

lol who the hell takes a camry racing ?

NOBODY... thats why Toyota has always had a reputation in the industry for getting away with inflating HP and performance numbers while companies like GM are notorious for underrating their cars.

Motor trend and car and driver

The same sources ninjahood gets all his info from

Altima 3.5 sv
Although the performance is laudable—0 to 60 in 6.1 seconds, the quarter-mile in 14.6 seconds at 100 mph—the real-world fuel economy, as observed by us, is a step behind.

R/T faster? Yes. Murdered? Far from it.

Genesis coupe
Four-pot detractors should note that the coupe’s optional 3.8-liter V-6 also gets upgraded, now with direct fuel injection helping it make a stout 348 horses and 295 pound-feet, up from 306 and 266, respectively. Compared with the still-droning 2.0T, the V-6 plays a great soundtrack. Direct injection helps add 1 mpg to both city and highway ratings, now at 18 and 27 (with the manual). We observed 18 mpg.

The 3482-pound 3.8 R-Spec two-door we tested needed 5.2 seconds to hit 60 mph, 0.3 fewer than before. The quarter-mile went by in 13.8 at 104 mph, or about the same as in a 350-hp Nissan NISMO 370Z. All Genesis coupes are capped at 151 mph.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-hyundai-genesis-coupe-38-r-spec-test-review

Sonata SE
Even so, the Sonata took 6.1 seconds to hit 60 mph, mopping the floor with a 2011 Honda Accord V-6 sedan (6.6 seconds). A 14.5-second quarter-mile at 100 mph is sporty-car territory. The stopping distance of 175 feet and skidpad of 0.82 g put it at the top of its class in the performance pentathlon.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2011-hyundai-sonata-se-20t-test-long-term-review

VW GTI

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/hatchbacks/112_0910_2010_volkswagen_gti_test/viewall.html

Maxima
The Maxima turned in a 5.8-second 0-60 mph run, which the Altima trailed by a mere tenth of a second. In the quarter mile, the Maxima posted 14.3 seconds at 97.7 mph, while the Altima ran at 14.2 seconds with a trap speed of 101.7 mph

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1301_2013_nissan_maxima_sv_first_test/

0-60 doesnt mean ****.... R/T is still faster and on the highway or dragstrip after 60 the Honda will be left eating dust.

Of course you might win from a rolling stand point. You got more torque :lol:

Try to launch that boat, though.

The numbers are there & they don't lie.

look at da torque ratings...this dude monday DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT CARS AT ALL :x :lol:

yo son you looking BAD out here...do you really want me to post da suspension diagram of that honda accord to embarrass you some more ?

:lol: @ your edit

No one said anything about a civic\

Ninjahood, how many whips you owned?

I'm going on 6...

Who seriously knows more about cars, b?

Last edited:

MacPherson Strut Front Suspension

Upgrade the suspension, upgrade the performance. The MacPherson strut front suspension utilizes a rebound spring in the shock tube that helps the Accord stay connected to the road, so you can corner with greater confidence. The MacPherson strut’s compact design also helps reduce road noise and vibration.

SLA suspension vs McPherson is like bringing a knife to a gun fight...... this dude monday getting exposed up in here b :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
If you own a stock r/t and you can't break 4.9 seconds 0-60 you should have to trade your car in.

I'm on vacation right now but I get back to Texas Monday. I'm bone stock and I have an automatic and can get sub 5s

Last edited:
Of course you might win from a rolling stand point. You got more torque

You need to stop... your making yourself look really uninformed on this topic.

Horsepower is what wins rolling 30s on the freeway

Torque is what moves a 4500 lb machine from a standstill like its nothing

Of course you might win from a rolling stand point. You got more torque

this ***** monday dead *** tried to tell you that low end torque didn't mean anything...with a straight face :lol:

Many Honda and Toyota engines were never officially rated to the SAE standard in the first place, they just said they were. Whether sales and communications staff were aware of it or not, they were just giving Japanese data calcuated using the DIN standard and often metric rather than US hp. The "stricter" SAE standard just brought this discrepancy to light. No official figures have yet been released. No American engines will be affected, but Saab, Jaguar, Volvo and Chrysler's European sourced diesels may be, but not to the same extent as the European EEC standard is much closer to the SAE and turbos largely eliminate the remaining differences. The main problem they have is inadvertant use of metric rather than US hp. Marketing and communications staff have been more careless and ignorant than anything, unaware that Swedish and German words for horsepower refer to metric hp, not the US/Imperial standard. Media are often caught out as well, rushing to publication before manufacturers release US data in hp (SAE or not). Even though GM and Chrysler test using the SAE standard, published figures (even in dealer guides) regularly show obvious errors such as kW and hp ratings that don't match. The loopholes they closed are modifications made to a vehicle used in testing. There is no honest mistake, or some new procedure that caught everyone off guard. They just stopped companies from making modifications to engines that would not be found in production cars. And what happened? GM numbers go up, imports go down. You may not like the results, but don't make excuses. GM has said they will certify their entire line-up. That shows they have nothing to hide. If Toyota does the same, good for them. That Honda/Acura and Nissan/Infiniti don't, then you know they've been making modifications to misrepresent actual performance. Companies found to have substantially misled customers should be sued. People make purchasing decisions based on engine performance, and billion-dollar corporations should not be allowed to cheat customers because they didn't feel like actually spending the money to make their cars perform they way they claim.

Last edited:

Motor trend and car and driver

The same sources ninjahood gets all his info from

Altima 3.5 sv
Although the performance is laudable—0 to 60 in 6.1 seconds, the quarter-mile in 14.6 seconds at 100 mph—the real-world fuel economy, as observed by us, is a step behind.

R/T faster? Yes. Murdered? Far from it.

Genesis coupe
Four-pot detractors should note that the coupe’s optional 3.8-liter V-6 also gets upgraded, now with direct fuel injection helping it make a stout 348 horses and 295 pound-feet, up from 306 and 266, respectively. Compared with the still-droning 2.0T, the V-6 plays a great soundtrack. Direct injection helps add 1 mpg to both city and highway ratings, now at 18 and 27 (with the manual). We observed 18 mpg.

The 3482-pound 3.8 R-Spec two-door we tested needed 5.2 seconds to hit 60 mph, 0.3 fewer than before. The quarter-mile went by in 13.8 at 104 mph, or about the same as in a 350-hp Nissan NISMO 370Z. All Genesis coupes are capped at 151 mph.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-hyundai-genesis-coupe-38-r-spec-test-review

Sonata SE
Even so, the Sonata took 6.1 seconds to hit 60 mph, mopping the floor with a 2011 Honda Accord V-6 sedan (6.6 seconds). A 14.5-second quarter-mile at 100 mph is sporty-car territory. The stopping distance of 175 feet and skidpad of 0.82 g put it at the top of its class in the performance pentathlon.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2011-hyundai-sonata-se-20t-test-long-term-review

VW GTI

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/hatchbacks/112_0910_2010_volkswagen_gti_test/viewall.html

Maxima
The Maxima turned in a 5.8-second 0-60 mph run, which the Altima trailed by a mere tenth of a second. In the quarter mile, the Maxima posted 14.3 seconds at 97.7 mph, while the Altima ran at 14.2 seconds with a trap speed of 101.7 mph

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1301_2013_nissan_maxima_sv_first_test/

Of course you might win from a rolling stand point. You got more torque :lol:

look at da torque ratings...this dude monday DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT CARS AT ALL :x :lol:

yo son you looking BAD out here...do you really want me to post da suspension diagram of that honda accord to embarrass you some more ?

:lol: @ your edit

No one said anything about a civic\

Ninjahood, how many whips you owned?

I'm going on 6...

Who seriously knows more about cars, b?

You own a Eco box in New York trying to tell me about my car that you have never driven :lol:

[/B]

this ***** monday dead *** tried to tell you that low end torque didn't mean anything...with a straight face :lol:

But you ain't answer my question

You own a Eco box in New York trying to tell me about my car that you have never driven :lol:

You got a stock challenger and you're about to put 22's on it

**** you know about performance? Let's be real here.

That's cool and all but your 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile are neck and neck with family sedans

You got it, though :lol:

lol 1/4s and 0-60 are nothing more than "bragging rights" for people who will never actually race. They have little relevance in real world racing situations.... just try getting your tires sticky on a FWD :rofl:

Last edited:
lol 1/4s and 0-60 are BS stats dealers use to sell cars. They have little relevance in real world racing situations.... just try getting your tires sticky on a FWD :rofl:

I didn't know motor trend & car and drivers were dealerships

Good to know 8)

0 to 60 and 1/4 will actually tell you what these cars are capable of in real world situations

Dodge and Chevy need to put those cars on a serious weight reduction

THEN..they'd be monsters.

Adding 12 pounds of weight to my car is really going to affect my performance :lol:

Cus the wheels are 3 pounds each, right?

Oh, and since your wheels are gonna be much larger, you completely ****** your whole suspension geometry

This what happens when ****** stay on car forums or take opinions from people who don't have real experience with these vehicles

Last edited:
front wheel drive econo box with McPherson suspension suspension better then a r/t challenger? on what planet? :lol:

and i ain't even comment on da CVT transmissons some of those tin cans come with :x :smh:

lol 1/4s and 0-60 are BS stats dealers use to sell cars. They have little relevance in real world racing situations.... just try getting your tires sticky on a FWD :rofl:

I didn't know motor trend & car and drivers were dealerships

Good to know 8)

0 to 60 and 1/4 will actually tell you what these cars are capable of in real world situations

Dodge and Chevy need to put those cars on a serious weight reduction

THEN..they'd be monsters.

Adding 12 pounds of weight to my car is really going to affect my performance :lol:

Cus the wheels are 3 pounds each, right?

Oh, and since your wheels are gonna be much larger, you completely ****** your whole suspension geometry

This what happens when ****** stay on car forums or take opinions from people who don't have real experience with these vehicles

im just gonna leave this right here....

:lol: @ "then".....

Back
Top Bottom