\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

we already said you cant compare buying shoes to stancing a car. You dont lose functionality when you buy a pair of shoes only for it's looks. Having to angle your car over speedbumps and small dips in the road/driveways and being killed by potholes is different from wearing a pair of shoes.

I remember when we had the cam nelson car threads and multiple people would come in saying eww ghetto tacky etc. Now it's stances turn. Im pretty neutral on the stance scene fyi

Trying not to crease your kicks and stepping in puddles is losing functionalty. Sit down.

You gotta be ******** me....

stanced mustang tho

:pimp: That dude is from StanceWorks

Now THAT is the type of stance I like (That and the lincoln posted before)

I think muscle looks really good stanced if done correctly.

8850550845_95649b2af8_b.jpg

8724422323_2a35c2ace7_b.jpg

8718010240_daee69c212_b.jpg

8724422263_ae3ca72121_b.jpg

8724422285_9f407aac79_b.jpg

8718010208_5091578507_b.jpg

Challenger :smh: :pimp:

Soon...

stanced mustang tho
Daz sexy. +better handling than stock :smokin

Drive better then stock? :rofl: you cant be serious.

As soon as you hit a bump wit that live rear axle

And get some wheel hop its gonna be be a double

Dose of fail with its awlful suspension set up...

Bags brah. Pay extra and do it right.

I wouldn't even drop my car without bags. The DMV has too many potholes.

Last edited:
So how long are you guys going to go on about how stance ruins performance and looks crappy while the other half says it looks dope? Just curious that way I don't have to weave through people's posts when I open this thread.

Drive better then stock? :rofl: you cant be serious.

As soon as you hit a bump wit that live rear axle

And get some wheel hop its gonna be be a double

Dose of fail with its awlful suspension set up...
Part 2: Four More Steps To Better Handling

In part one of this series (SCC, June '05) you learned four basic steps to improving your car's handling. Those steps were easy. They involved the use of basic performance suspension parts available for most cars and, no doubt, many of you have already taken those steps. This month we explore more advanced suspension tuning through alignment, chassis stiffness and suspension geometry.

Step Five: Add Negative Camber
For a tire to grip well, it must use all of its contact patch. Thanks to problems like tire distortion and compromised suspension geometry, this rarely happens. When a tire is subjected to side load, its sidewalls flex, digging the outside tread into the ground and lifting the inside.

If you drive hard, you've probably noticed the outside edge of your tires gets chewed up much faster than the rest of the tread. That means the tire isn't using all of its contact patch effectively.

As a car rolls in a corner, the chassis rolls the tire onto its outside edge, making the problem worse. Keeping the tires flat on the road is the primary reason to reduce roll. In part one we listed several ways to do this; the easiest ways are to increase spring rate or use larger anti-roll bars.

The primary tool, however, used for combating tread lift is to dial in more negative camber. Camber is the inward or outward tilt of the tires when looking at them from the front. If the top of the tire leans outward, camber is positive. If the top of the tire leans inward, camber is negative.

Dialing in negative camber helps combat tread lift and wheel tilt. The trick is to add just enough negative camber so the tread stays flat and 100 percent engaged with the ground under side load and roll. But, adding too much negative camber will hurt more than it helps. Too much negative camber will:

1. Reduce braking traction

2. Reduce acceleration traction if it's applied on the drive wheels

3. Increase the tendency to follow cracks and grooves in the pavement

4. Increase wandering caused by road crown

5. Affect tire wear; the insides of the tire tread will wear faster with more negative camber if you don't corner hard. Conversely, if you constantly corner hard, your tires will wear more evenly and last longer

Read more: http://www.modified.com/tech/0507_sccp_making_it_stick_part_2/viewall.html#ixzz2Y0XLEsab

So how long are you guys going to go on about how stance ruins performance and looks crappy while the other half says it looks dope? Just curious that way I don't have to weave through people's posts when I open this thread.

That started right after this stopped being the Official Dodge Challenger Hemi thread so prob go back to like 2010

no shots but u were the guy who added engine oil to ur brand new whip right?

Yeah, silly mistake.

I've done all the work on my cars tho

From installing coilovers, headers, exhaust, full systems, etc

I also installed

did u do that in ur own home garage? i kinda want to do exhaust work in the future but i dont know much. is it as simple as taking off the old headers and exhaust and just t swapping it for new ones?

Dialing in negative camber helps combat tread lift and wheel tilt. The trick is to add just enough negative camber so the tread stays flat and 100 percent engaged with the ground under side load and roll. But, adding too much negative camber will hurt more than it helps. Too much negative camber will:

1. Reduce braking traction

2. Reduce acceleration traction if it's applied on the drive wheels

3. Increase the tendency to follow cracks and grooves in the pavement

4. Increase wandering caused by road crown

5. Affect tire wear; the insides of the tire tread will wear faster with more negative camber if you don't corner hard.

did u do that in ur own home garage? i kinda want to do exhaust work in the future but i dont know much. is it as simple as taking off the old headers and exhaust and just t swapping it for new ones?

Nah, a friends garage. Mine is too cramped to work on a car.

IMA tear the car apart when I get home and sound deaden the floors & roof

To answer your question, a quality aftermarket part will bolt right up.

With the exhaust, u may have to relocate the hangers

That's about it tho

no shots but u were the guy who added engine oil to ur brand new whip right?

Yeah, silly mistake.

I've done all the work on my cars tho

From installing coilovers, headers, exhaust, full systems, etc

Props mane :smokin

I think they're GTS smoked out headlight covers. He swapped the grill too. Looks badass.

It does.

Only thing I don't like is that chrome on the wheels and I would go with Matte Grey as the car color, other than that.

That would be my DD :smokin

For some reason those rims work on it to me. I've never seen anything like that Challenger before. Everyone does bigger rims with no drop or the black rims with a red stroke around the lip.

Originally he had some other rims on it but I can't find pics. They're all down on his flickr.

Matte grey would be :smokin though

Nah, a friends garage. Mine is too cramped to work on a car.

IMA tear the car apart when I get home and sound deaden the floors & roof

To answer your question, a quality aftermarket part will bolt right up.

With the exhaust, u may have to relocate the hangers

That's about it tho

thnx. need to save a bit more to actually buy parts tho.

Back
Top Bottom