\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Can anyone recommend a good microfiber glove?

Cant wait for this weather to be done with. Gonna get a wash and detail when its spring

If you meant a microfiber mitt:

http://www.autogeek.net/super-plush-wash-mitt.html

Or if you meant a microfiber glove for the small crevices on your rims or to be a dust magnet to dust off your dash:

http://www.autogeek.net/pairglov.html

I actually meant a mitt, but gonna buy one of those gloves too

Nice anymore pics im really considering getting one after I pay off my wives 08 tl. I like the sh awd model

Can anyone recommend a good microfiber glove?

Cant wait for this weather to be done with. Gonna get a wash and detail when its spring

using micro to wash with, correct?

ive never done it other than drying with it and they suck to dry with.

will get a very good shammy soon for the summer

NVM, my mit is microfiber but its old as hell :lol:

Last edited:
Do not use chamois. They collect dirt and you will be scraping that ish all over your car.

No pro detailer uses a chamois. Use a waffle weave microfiber drying towel. I have about 5 of them 20 bucks each.

As for the mitt use something that will keep the dirt off the surface...i like the microfibers with the little mini dreadlock looking dangly things.

And use two buckets with a gritguard. After washjng a section of the car rinse the mit in the rinse bucket and shake off the crap. Then use the other bucket with clean water to re-soap.

Trust me... Most damage to painted finishes comes from washing and drying process. Either using dirty materials or applying too much pressure.

drying with microfiber sucks bro

unless mine suck, they are good quality and not the cheap dollar store crap. they soak up water and stay wet and takes like 20 towels to even dry my car.

unless im doing everything wrong

Pick up a waffle weave towel only time I won't use it is when I use the leaf blower. Best thing ever I need to get another one cause I gave my dad one of the 2 that I had

Do not use chamois. They collect dirt and you will be scraping that ish all over your car.

No pro detailer uses a chamois. Use a waffle weave microfiber drying towel. I have about 5 of them 20 bucks each.

As for the mitt use something that will keep the dirt off the surface...i like the microfibers with the little mini dreadlock looking dangly things.

And use two buckets with a gritguard. After washjng a section of the car rinse the mit in the rinse bucket and shake off the crap. Then use the other bucket with clean water to re-soap.

Trust me... Most damage to painted finishes comes from washing and drying process. Either using dirty materials or applying too much pressure.

This man knows. :smokin

I'm not talking about the microfiber towels you see everywhere. Look up waffle weave microfiber drying towel and you will see what i am talking about. It will take about three to five towels to dry a full size car.

Do not apply pressure just let the towel do its thing.

And for all washing, drying never swirl whatever you are using to touch the car. No wax on wax off motion.

Straight lines with soft pressure and you will save yourself from swirls. And visit a detailer for a proper wash, clay, wax and seal twice a year.

Maintaining paint is key. Neglect for long periods of time will have your car looking and feeling like dookie.

My last two tips...dont use your finger nail to scratch **** off your car. Seems like common sense to me but i see it all the time. And remove anything major (bird ****, sap, etc) as quick as possible. It will eat into the clear.

with the no fingernail thing, then how are you supposed to remove some of the hard to remove stuff that wont come off with the mit?

i always seems to get that stuff on the bottom front fender

with the no fingernail thing, then how are you supposed to remove some of the hard to remove stuff that wont come off with the mit?

I like to use Tarminator for that stuff. And if that doesnt work I use a mild clay.

I like to use Tarminator for that stuff. And if that doesnt work I use a mild clay.

will have to cop both soon. im always getting some weird black crap on my car that is impossible to get off. its crazy, was happening to my last car as well.

will have to cop both soon. im always getting some weird black crap on my car that is impossible to get off. its crazy, was happening to my last car as well.

Get yourself that blue clay (Meguiars brand) and get that off. Also get a gallon of the Last Touch detail spray.

Get 2 clay bars because most likely your car needs a clay bar job. Take a zip lock bag and run it against your paint, if it isnt smooth, clay that biatch. lol

Then I would use M205 because its a light cutting polish to follow up the clay and then M7 as a glaze and a nice coat of BlackFire wet diamond.

:smile:

Get yourself that blue clay (Meguiars brand) and get that off. Also get a gallon of the Last Touch detail spray.

Get 2 clay bars because most likely your car needs a clay bar job. Take a zip lock bag and run it against your paint, if it isnt smooth, clay that biatch. lol

Then I would use M205 because its a light cutting polish to follow up the clay and then M7 as a glaze and a nice coat of BlackFire wet diamond.

:smile:

i just got my car a month ago :lol:

all this damn snow, dirt, salt, rocks, and god knows what else :x

Tar ?

What material paint is this? I wanna get this paint job on my Jeep Help plz...... :nerd:

Matte black.....If its a nice car, I wouldnt go for paint though... I'd look into a good wrap.

Tar ?

What material paint is this? I wanna get this paint job on my Jeep Help plz...... :nerd:

Matte black.....If its a nice car, I wouldnt go for paint though... I'd look into a good wrap.

regardless both will cost an arm and a leg :lol:

i just got my car a month ago :lol:

all this damn snow, dirt, salt, rocks, and god knows what else :x

Yeah you be surprised what contaminents get on the paint from the factory to your dealer.

My SRT had rail dust on it from its trip to the dealer from the factory. :smh:

Tar ?

Its old like 2001...

looking to get another car to help on the gas. Was looking to get a 2012 Camry Hybrid. What do you guys think about that car? Just want something that have me at least 35mpg in the city. Not looking to spend more than 20K but if need be the most id do is 25K if its really worth it.

I dont get people's logic when it comes to that. Im guessing your primary car gets crappy mpg? Just improve your driving habits, having another car payment + more insurance cost doesnt offset the savings you would get from gas.

Back
Top Bottom