\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

So question.

Decided on a 2011 Grand Cherokee.

It's from a dealer, asking is about 22K.

Now I have the amount in cash, what should I do?

Would I be better off taking the payments ( does it build credit ?)

Or should I just pay it off cash? Would I get a better deal with cash?

Confused because I've never made a car purchase this big, I usually deal with private sellers.

If you want to build your credit then if I were in your shoes I would take out the loan. But used car loans with someone with little to no credit history will be a little higher.

I would assume of at least 7%.

Up to you man.

And congrats on picking the Grand Cherokee.

What are the specs on it? Laredo? Limited? Overland?

v6 or the 5.7 hemi?

Personally even if they hit you with a high interest, just keep it for 6 months and then pay it off as long as they don't have penalties for getting out of it early. One day eventually you will need your credit to make an even bigger purchase and paying everything cash ain't gonna help later. Check Internet pricing for similar vehicles in your area to determine an average. When I was younger my dad cosigned.. after that I took a loan on my own with 12percent. After 3 yrs I traded it in and I get the best rate possible. Not to mention I've been paying my cards and everything like agreed. Always doubling my minimum due and days before due date

Just went to fill up my tank and the E85 pump i use got turned into a Diesel pump. ****** pissed right now.  I don't think there is a nother one within 40 miles of my house

mad.gif

Nah man, saving the environment 
wink.gif

But there is another pump close to my house, just assuming it's gone now too, but we'll see

Last edited:
Gotta throw some tint on the windows. This Texas sun ain't no ******* joke.

What's a reasonable percentage, don't want them pitch black cause you know how them cops be, and around how much is it for a good job?

Thanks.

What's a reasonable percentage, don't want them pitch black cause you know how them cops be, and around how much is it for a good job?

Thanks.

i got 30% in cali cops be ***** here havent been pulled over for it yet tho its dark not that dark

Last edited:

Thanks.

Texas law is 25% (wish it was like that here in NY, lol)

So get 15 or 20% and call it a day.

Pricing I couldnt tell you.

You dont want to be cheap on tint. If it is cheap, it will turn color, peel, etc.

Depends on the car also.

Modded out imports are gonna be targeted more than a tinted out stock Benz.

Friend has an X6 with 20% and he rarely gets pulled over. Me and my old tC? 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

Thanks.
What kind of car is it?

If its a car not a SUV it should be like $180 for 2 fronts and 3 rears

Last edited:
Window tint convo reminded me of this dude's truck. He used to do the Tinting for the dealership i worked at and i snapped some pics of his truck when he was there one time

The thing was flawless in person :pimp:

4589765188_8698745828_b.jpg

4589763708_7915e19eef_b.jpg

4589765984_4c2b6145ea_o.jpg

4589148117_506c035cdb_b.jpg

That's a damn nice truck

And nice pics man repped

Seems like the best place to post this and I don't want to make a new thread for something that seems like a simple question. It's below in the spoiler
So I got my car back in Feb and my brakes have been screeching/squeaking since I got it. It's gotten progressively louder time after time and April was when it was at it's loudest, and I could hear it every time I pressed the brakes. It took me a little while to get into the dealer to have them check it out. They told me the first time I got them looked at during an oil change that they were fine and I left. I still heard the squeaking and it was very loud. I took it back a second time (last Saturday) and they said they tested the brakes and they couldn't replicate the issue - which is bologna. They said that they cleaned the brake dust off and I shouldn't hear anything for 100-10,000 miles. Right after I left I heard the squeaking. I didn't turn around and go back cause I wanted to give it a few miles to see how it would run. Nothing changed at all. So I went back yesterday unscheduled and the guy seemed irritated that I came back lol. He tells me nothing is wrong with the brakes and that it's not a safety issue, that squeaking happens because of the pads friction and something with the rotors (I can't remember exactly). I told him to give me a quote for replacing them because I'm pretty sure there is wear and tear and the quote comes back like this:

Front: $356
Back: $456

I went next door to Honda and there quote was something like
Front: $236
Back: $272

What I want to know is how hard is it to fix on my own being that I have NO experience with cars. And how different is changing them from a regular Honda Civic? I watched a couple vids on Youtube and didn't notice too much. I do know the HCH has drum pads from my little research. And also, the brakes should not be squeaking like that should they?

Seems like the best place to post this and I don't want to make a new thread for something that seems like a simple question. It's below in the spoiler

So I got my car back in Feb and my brakes have been screeching/squeaking since I got it. It's gotten progressively louder time after time and April was when it was at it's loudest, and I could hear it every time I pressed the brakes. It took me a little while to get into the dealer to have them check it out. They told me the first time I got them looked at during an oil change that they were fine and I left. I still heard the squeaking and it was very loud. I took it back a second time (last Saturday) and they said they tested the brakes and they couldn't replicate the issue - which is bologna. They said that they cleaned the brake dust off and I shouldn't hear anything for 100-10,000 miles. Right after I left I heard the squeaking. I didn't turn around and go back cause I wanted to give it a few miles to see how it would run. Nothing changed at all. So I went back yesterday unscheduled and the guy seemed irritated that I came back lol. He tells me nothing is wrong with the brakes and that it's not a safety issue, that squeaking happens because of the pads friction and something with the rotors (I can't remember exactly). I told him to give me a quote for replacing them because I'm pretty sure there is wear and tear and the quote comes back like this:

Front: $356

Back: $456

I went next door to Honda and there quote was something like

Front: $236

Back: $272

What I want to know is how hard is it to fix on my own being that I have NO experience with cars. And how different is changing them from a regular Honda Civic? I watched a couple vids on Youtube and didn't notice too much. I do know the HCH has drum pads from my little research. And also, the brakes should not be squeaking like that should they?
They shouldn't be squeaking at all

If you want to do them yourself it should be fairly easy

Exactly what I'm saying. I know it's used and all but I just bought it in Feb and it hasn't even been 3 months yet.. And they're trying to make me pay for a replacement if I do get them replaced. Going back next week and I'm just trying to get some research done so I can back up my argument with some facts

D

Exactly what I'm saying. I know it's used and all but I just bought it in Feb and it hasn't even been 3 months yet.. And they're trying to make me pay for a replacement if I do get them replaced. Going back next week and I'm just trying to get some research done so I can back up my argument with some facts
do you have the disc brakes in the front and drums in the back?

If it's the drum brakes that are squeaking the shows may be worn and they don't feel lihe replacing them because there lazy pos

And it's a lil harder to change than disc brakes

Go to a Mexican shop and have it done for less than half

Had a cool Mexican guy do my brakes for 90 bux I just bought the pads for him

@Andretti  Yeah thats what I have. I can hear the squeak coming from the front. Haven't really heard anything from the back but maybe because I'm not focusing on it that much cause of the loudness in the front 

Go to a Mexican shop and have it done for less than half

Had a cool Mexican guy do my brakes for 90 bux I just bought the pads for him

I gotta shop around and make sure I find someone legit. 

i was iffy about letting sum random kinda ghetto shop do work on my whip but i just stay there while they working and watch what they do to make sure they dont mess up anything.

Back
Top Bottom