\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Oh thanks, but I'm def not trying to spend that much money lol.

Was looking to buy something in like 30-60 dollar range to wax my car. It hurts waxing it with my hand after a while.

What's your ultimate goal for your car? To protect the paint or to make it shine / give it that wet look?

Wax only helps protect the paint from any contaminants but does not provide any cutting power to remove any swirls/contaminants already making your paint look dull.

If you want new car, smooth as glass look, you will need to invest in a good DA, good pads and good compound/polish/wax.

I just finished doing this to my car. These aren't my pictures and my car started out in better condition, but the results were the same :smokin

Before:

50/50 shot:

After:

Last edited:
^Damn nt..even in the car thread :smh: :lol:

Guys these chicago potholes downtown are murdering my everyday driver
(bmw e60)
I have to watch the ground instead of the car in front of me or my surroundings..

What can I do to get that smoothness back I feel a slight diffrence from hitting all these potholes recently?
(lower to the ground 550i sport)

Last edited:
List of cars from start to ending:

1979 Volvo - burnt orange with no AC
1997 Saturn
Forgot the year but had a Astro Van
1996 Toyota Camry
1996 Chevy Impala
2003 chevy impala
2005 chevy envoy
2008 Lincoln LS
2011 chevy Malibu

Now:
Just sold my 1996 chevy impala
2014 Lexus ES
2013 Toyota Venza

List of cars from start to ending:

1979 Volvo - burnt orange with no AC
1997 Saturn
Forgot the year but had a Astro Van
1996 Toyota Camry
1996 Chevy Impala
2003 chevy impala
2005 chevy envoy
2008 Lincoln LS
2011 chevy Malibu

Now:
Just sold my 1996 chevy impala
2014 Lexus ES
2013 Toyota Venza

You must really like Chevy's. :lol:

Last edited:

Was looking to buy something in like 30-60 dollar range to wax my car. It hurts waxing it with my hand after a while.
What's your ultimate goal for your car? To protect the paint or to make it shine / give it that wet look?

Wax only helps protect the paint from any contaminants but does not provide any cutting power to remove any swirls/contaminants already making your paint look dull.

If you want new car, smooth as glass look, you will need to invest in a good DA, good pads and good compound/polish/wax.

I just finished doing this to my car. These aren't my pictures and my car started out in better condition, but the results were the same
smokin.gif

Before:

50/50 shot:

After:
Anyone still using the claybars? Thinking about grabbing one this weekend and going to work

Anyone still using the claybars? Thinking about grabbing one this weekend and going to work

Yes.

Like SCo, I use professional detailing items for my vehicle. I order everything off of autogeek,net and to recommend you a claybar, I suggest the Meguiars Blue professional clay. And my favorite detailing spray is the Megs Last touch. Go do some reading on the meguiarsonline.com or autopia and learn about how to really clean your vehicle. This automatic wash **** is just that. **** and in the long run will mess up your car.

Yes.

Like SCo, I use professional detailing items for my vehicle. I order everything off of autogeek,net and to recommend you a claybar, I suggest the Meguiars Blue professional clay. And my favorite detailing spray is the Megs Last touch. Go do some reading on the meguiarsonline.com or autopia and learn about how to really clean your vehicle. This automatic wash **** is just that. **** and in the long run will mess up your car.

Yeah, I try not to through automatic car washes. I go to the manual ones (don't have the luxury of doing it in my driveway) but I am not too serious about detailing. I just use a wool wash mitt to do the cleaning, and after it's dry I use some Turtle wax quick detailer. I just figured I would use a clay bar occasionally now because I definitely feel some cringeworthy rough spots when I run my microfiber over the car.

I also use Meguiars leather spray and the Meguiars interior spray. I read up and I guess I should be using Lexol instead of the Meguiars stuff though.

Last edited:

I just finished doing this to my car. These aren't my pictures and my car started out in better condition, but the results were the same :smokin

Before:

50/50 shot:

After:

Well what products do you use? I guess my car could go for a good compound, polish, wax clean.

Last edited:
As much as I like to wash my own car (been using stuff called Optimum No Rinse lately since it's garage kept), I leave the paint correction to the pros. Too much bad can come out of misusing power buffers and cutting compounds, for evidence see 90% of "detailers" out there. But more power to anyone willing to invest in quality products and learn how to use them.

For anyone interested in hiring someone good, check regional forums on autopia.org. Make sure whoever you choose is reputable, but most guys on there are very talented, My experiences have always exceeded expectations. Most base level paint corrections cost about $300 or so but lasts a while if you learn how to wash without scratching the clearcoat. My daily driven cars usually look better than most right out of the showroom.

See I was looking at a DA buffer product like this...

Amazon product ASIN B003G300E4
or this

Amazon product ASIN B000HCUM6I

How and why do I need to spend like 300$ dollars on a buffer? What can those expensive ones do that these can't?

If you are looking for a cheaper DA polisher, I would recommend this:

Amazon product ASIN B0042KL7OM
But, depending on the power/torque they provide, you can get away with getting a cheaper tool if you invest in the right pads.

I typically use Meguiar's professional products. The last time I did paint correct I used Meg's 105 with an orange pad, Meg's 205 with a whtie pad, Meg's Carnuba Wax with a black pad.

I typically stick with Meg's, but there any many products out there that are just as good.

Autogeek has good articles http://www.autogeek.net/detailing-boot-camp.html

Last edited:
how does claybar compare to nanoskin?

I love Nanoskin and have replaced my claybar with it. Nanoskin eliminates a step, as you are "clay barring" your car while washing it. I would always make sure you apply some wax or sealant after clay bar or nanoskin, since clay bar and nanoskin will strip any protective coating the car has.

Before:

50/50 shot:

After:

CLEAN...literally lol. i don't have the luxury of time to do this...or the space since I live in an apt. i'd rather just take it to get detailed and cleaned.

auto carwashes were go to during the winter. my *** was not about washing in cold *** weather, but i had to fight the salt. i can't beat the convenience of 15 cash for 5min to get under and over clean.

CLEAN...literally lol. i don't have the luxury of time to do this...or the space since I live in an apt. i'd rather just take it to get detailed and cleaned.

auto carwashes were go to during the winter. my *** was not about washing in cold *** weather, but i had to fight the salt. i can't beat the convenience of 15 cash for 5min to get under and over clean.

The problem with quick car washes is the type of brushes they use to clean and the type of towels they use to dry. Most of the items they use will leave swirl marks on your car.

I highly recommend using the two bucket method, using multiple mitts and to purchase an assortment of towels.

The paint on my M3 is so soft, I can use to softest towel and still get swirl marks.

Dropped it earlier today. Excuse the red tail lights. Those are on until I get my new set back from paint.

Handles soooooooo much better. Oh man. IDK why I didnt do this sooner.

Dropped it earlier today. Excuse the red tail lights. Those are on until I get my new set back from paint.

Handles soooooooo much better. Oh man. IDK why I didnt do this sooner.

Looks good your a brave man lol. I try to stay as far away from the ground as possible with this bumper potholes in Jersey aren't exactly filled with hopes and dreams... But in other news what say you about Mopar Day on the 23rd?

Last edited:
The problem with quick car washes is the type of brushes they use to clean and the type of towels they use to dry. Most of the items they use will leave swirl marks on your car.

I highly recommend using the two bucket method, using multiple mitts and to purchase an assortment of towels.

The paint on my M3 is so soft, I can use to softest towel and still get swirl marks.

I don't have an M3 but I have the e92, I think BMW paint is the similar all around.

So let me know what you did and how you do it, with what products or machinery!

Speaking of buffing out cars, here is a old CRV that was just thrashed that i buffed out one time.

with a car in that bad of shape you can only do so much 
laugh.gif
.  There was actually cracks in the clear coat on the hood so nothing could be done about that, but overall it came out nice

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom