\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Yea was weird as hell driving hybrid for the first time the engine shutting off is soooo sketchy it bothered the hell out of me

Haha it is definitely strange at first. Don't think it's something i would ever want in my personal car. I would always be scared the car wouldn't start back up 
laugh.gif

Dropped my car off at the dealer this week and got a loaner today. The new 3 series is interesting. The engine actually shuts down when you come to a stop and are on the brake, then immediately starts up when you lift your foot to hit the gas.

You'll see how annoying it is once you drive with it a little more

Last edited:
Dropped my car off at the dealer this week and got a loaner today. The new 3 series is interesting. The engine actually shuts down when you come to a stop and are on the brake, then immediately starts up when you lift your foot to hit the gas.

Drove my boys '14 C300 and that feature is annoying as hell. You feel the engine turn off and on, it drove me crazy when I drove it and had him turn it off.

:x

That **** would drive me nuts! I doubt that feature is saving that much gas either :smh:

it does. a lot of gas is wasted idling at lights, in traffic etc.

a lot of fuel is burned just to move the car from ~0-25, which is why hybrids use the electric power to launch/cruise, it really conserves fuel.

the great thing is that electric power has a lot of torque, more than gasoline. even in my prius going from 0-10 i'm always coming very close to rear ending the car in front because of the torque the electricity makes.

a lot of fuel is burned just to move the car from ~0-25, which is why hybrids use the electric power to launch/cruise, it really conserves fuel.

the great thing is that electric power has a lot of torque, more than gasoline. even in my prius going from 0-10 i'm always coming very close to rear ending the car in front because of the torque the electricity makes.
nice.  they drive silent too.  would be nice for the daily commute. 

You're comparing apples to oranges, hybrids and this start stop technology are completely different in terms of gas savings.

I'm sure this system saves some gas, but I really doubt it's a significant amount. And, if it's annoying and noticeable every time you hit a light, iIddon't see the point. If you want to save on gas, just get a hybrid or an electric car.

Last edited:
You're comparing apples to oranges, hybrids and this start stop technology are completely different in terms of gas savings.

I'm sure this system saves some gas, but I really doubt it's a significant amount. And, if it's annoying and noticeable every time you hit a light, iIddon't see the point. If you want to save on gas, just get a hybrid or an electric car.
Everytime I ride in his Benz, it irks the hell out of me. Its definitely noticeable. Im sure you get used to it, but you def feel it everytime.

%100 stock until warranty ends?

I'll give that notion a few weeks/few months at most. 
laugh.gif

Its a Civic, its meant to be modded. At the very least, I would recommend the Skunk2 shortshifter adapter. I installed one in my 08 Si last week and shifting is tons better.

Lmao ok I MIGHT get the eibach sportline springs before that just to close the monster truck tire gap...

But I am kinda tired of going overboard with mods like I did with my old 92 Si and the GS-R. Its just a waste of money. Might try and get my brothers 17in TE-37's off his RSX and give him my Spoons off my Integra as a trade. Idk if I can do 18's.

I cant stress the Skunk2 shortshifter enough bro, its a world of difference. I felt like I had a whole new car (srs).

I would change those rims asap, I think you saw my post in the pick up thread, im not a fan of those rims at all.

Yea I'm not a big fan of the wheels either. I preferred the 2013's 17 inch wheels. A local guy said he would trade me his set, but if I got anything I'd rather get aftermarket wheels.

My brother has a set of 17x8.5 and 17x9 Champ White TE-37's on his RSX that hes thinking about selling, so maybe i'll just try those on and never take them back off.

$31k it has 32k.   AWD Premium

Bumper to bumper for 4yrs 40k and 6yrs 100k on the powertrain.   Dealer paid almost 75% of the warranty cost. I also added the rim and tire protection which was like $800 for 5yrs.

I prob could have found 1 a yr newer for the same price but I was searching for this particular color combo for a couple months so I pulled the trigger.

Nice civic but lets see pics of the white GSR!

Still miss my Integra and that was like 7 yrs ago, always liked the 4DR as well (have a thing for sport sedans)

Back
Top Bottom