\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

its not fast at all, me and my friend spoke about this because he test drove one recently. he was disappointed but still likes it for some reason

its basically just a car thats supposed to be fun to drive but i never understood this type of thing since usually if a car is fun, its gotta be quick or fast and its neither
My friend who bought one argues that its all about the handling and stance :lol:

handling and stance is an oxymoron :lol:

handle what if you arent going fast? :lol:

qft

Last edited:
its not fast at all, me and my friend spoke about this because he test drove one recently. he was disappointed but still likes it for some reason

its basically just a car thats supposed to be fun to drive but i never understood this type of thing since usually if a car is fun, its gotta be quick or fast and its neither
My friend who bought one argues that its all about the handling and stance :lol:

handling and stance is an oxymoron :lol:

dude doesnt know ish about cars :lol:

thats what makes it funnier

A car doesn't have to be fast to be fun. If it's light, nimble, has a good suspension setup and good steering feedback it can be a lot of fun. Like a go kart

A car doesn't have to be fast to be fun. If it's light, nimble, has a good suspension setup and good steering feedback it can be a lot of fun. Like a go kart

My Jeep is heavy as **** and the suspension needs some tuning but I have lots of fun in it.

da brz motor can make da power tho

i don't understand why subaru chose to use the old ej engine in the new sti instead of developing the fa engine found in the wrx and brz

Doesnt that cost like 10-13k tho?
Yeah most people aren't buying that car with the intensions of dropping that much into it. CP parts are top of the line when it comes to Subarus.

Also STIs come with 300 at the crank and most stock or even stage 2 OTS mapped are only dynoed around 285 to the wheels. I know this for sure on 04-07 models, don't know much about the ones past that, don't really like them.

Frs/brz have gone 10's for a while already with a turbo and ethanol.

You have to think of the car in comparison to very specific cars...s2k, rx8 etc. Lightweight, nimble, good rwd handling, go kart feel.

Here is a pic from our group that went to the AAM meet in MD over the weekend. Was about 23 total of us, but a couple left before we could take this photo. We a good time and crazy rolling this deep down the road and turning heads 
nthat.gif

Anyone in the MD area that saw about 12 Maximas pulled on the side of the road by MD state police on Saturday....yes that was 1/2 of this group 
laugh.gif

They claimed they had calls of us "street racing" and weaving traffic. Apparently 11 Maximas in a line on I-95 doing the speed limit, and getting passed by regular traffic, while having one of the guys in the group drive by with his gro-pro to get some shots and then we drive off is considered "street racing" now. They claimed 15 people called us in within the 10 minutes we had been on the highway. 
roll.gif
mean.gif

Here is a pic of my latest setup. Hadn't posted a pic of it since someone busted my window out and stole my Vossen CV3s 
mean.gif

I have staggered Rohana RC-10s now.

Last edited:
Here is a pic from our group that went to the AAM meet in MD over the weekend. Was about 23 total of us, but a couple left before we could take this photo. We a good time and crazy rolling this deep down the road and turning heads :nthat:

Anyone in the MD area that saw about 12 Maximas pulled on the side of the road by MD state police on Saturday....yes that was 1/2 of this group :lol:
They claimed they had calls of us "street racing" and weaving traffic. Apparently 11 Maximas in a line on I-95 doing the speed limit, and getting passed by regular traffic, while having one of the guys in the group drive by with his gro-pro to get some shots and then we drive off is considered "street racing" now. They claimed 15 people called us in within the 10 minutes we had been on the highway. :rofl: :smh:

Here is a pic of my latest setup. Hadn't posted a pic of it since someone busted my window out and stole my Vossen CV3s :smh:

Damn bro. I had my adv1's in my Beemer all week before I could mount them on my Benz. It was always in the back of my mind that someone could feasibly bust my windows and take everything, but I figured that it'd be very unlikely. Sorry you got got. I like those Rohanas from that angle though.

Here is a pic from our group that went to the AAM meet in MD over the weekend. Was about 23 total of us, but a couple left before we could take this photo. We a good time and crazy rolling this deep down the road and turning heads :nthat:

Anyone in the MD area that saw about 12 Maximas pulled on the side of the road by MD state police on Saturday....yes that was 1/2 of this group :lol:
They claimed they had calls of us "street racing" and weaving traffic. Apparently 11 Maximas in a line on I-95 doing the speed limit, and getting passed by regular traffic, while having one of the guys in the group drive by with his gro-pro to get some shots and then we drive off is considered "street racing" now. They claimed 15 people called us in within the 10 minutes we had been on the highway. :rofl: :smh:

Here is a pic of my latest setup. Hadn't posted a pic of it since someone busted my window out and stole my Vossen CV3s :smh:

Sounds like that meet went pretty good. Thought you had a white max?

Last edited:
Damn bro. I had my adv1's in my Beemer all week before I could mount them on my Benz. It was always in the back of my mind that someone could feasibly bust my windows and take everything, but I figured that it'd be very unlikely. Sorry you got got. I like those Rohanas from that angle though.
Man I was curshed to come outside and see my car like that 
sick.gif

mean.gif

Window bust out and sitting on a spare jack. I like all the way in the back of a neighborhood and park in the back in the private parking alleyways at that. I was definitely scouted out or someone that lived in there has some shady friends that knew when to get me. Insurance covered everything thankfully and I am good now and even got a few more surprises in the event something is attempted again. 

Here is another angle showing the side more:
Sounds like that meet went pretty good. Thought you had a white max?
Nah I had a navy blue 7thgen back in '08 and traded it 3 years ago for this silver one.

This was my old setup:

Funny thing is, I needed tires on them and was thinking of just selling 2 as fronts for someone else to buy and I was going to grab 2 20x10 or 20x10.5 to rock for the concave look and then all that mayhem happened. At least I hadn't bought the new setup beforehand. I would've been even more pissed 
laugh.gif

Ok so the time is approaching for me to possibly purchase a new car. The toll of having a 17 year old daily driver with limited funds to keep it fully maintained for most of its lifespan with me is catching up :smh:

When you're shopping for a new car, how long did your process take? This is all new to me plus my credit is crap so I'm building that in the meantime (Although from what I've heard, if you're a credit union member, your rates won't be that high regardless?)

Thanks for the help in advance guys!

handle what if you arent going fast? :lol:

The car is actually quick around turns. 50/50 weight distribution with a curb weight of 2700 lbs. It's a fun car to drive around twisties and such, but people shouldn't buy it expecting it to be fast in a straight line without doing any aftermarket mods. I wanted the car for so long but I enjoyed the test drive in the '15 WRX way more than the BRZ.

Ok so the time is approaching for me to possibly purchase a new car. The toll of having a 17 year old daily driver with limited funds to keep it fully maintained for most of its lifespan with me is catching up :smh:

When you're shopping for a new car, how long did your process take? This is all new to me plus my credit is crap so I'm building that in the meantime (Although from what I've heard, if you're a credit union member, your rates won't be that high regardless?)

Thanks for the help in advance guys!

Process took me hours of negotiating. Dealers will try to earn as much $ from you as possible. It is best to get quotes from multiple dealers for the same car and have them try to undercut each other to earn your business. If it's a newer model car, don't go by dealer markup/MSRP. Price the car off of invoice and add additional options (if you want) from there. Don't buy extended warranties unless you need extra security and plan on keeping your car long term. Since your credit isn't good they'll stick you with a high interest rate. You might want to get your credit score up before you consider buying a new car. I was a first time buyer with credit over 800 (yes humble brag) and was able to get 2.9% manufacturer financing on my '15 WRX. I might even try to refinance with another bank to get a lower interest rate to lower my monthly payment. Let me know if you have any additional questions, since the process is still fresh in my head.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by moomoopanda  

I like it, more spacious, works better as an only car. It's easier to drift, and is pretty comfy to drive,
a bit slower than an s2000, and no drop-top though.. 
nerd.gif
IMO, One thing the BRZ/FRS has on the s2000 is that it's not a convertible.  I just hate the looks of convertibles. i bought a hardtop for my s2k as soon as i got it.

But even hard top on a convertible will never look as good.  ie: 335i vs 335i with the convertible hardtop

3537364148_0c122de4ac_b.jpg

0327.JPG

it just isn't the same

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom