\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

NSX update.  So crushed right now.  I had the 92 NSX checked out yesterday by my mechanic who owns a 91.  Keep in mind the seller, an independent dealer in LV, told me the car was pristine, only had repaint of front and rear fenders due to scratches and that the previous owner was meticulous about his service and maintenance on the vehicle:

PPI findings:
1. Coolant leak (green fluid in pictures) at back of engine block (fresh fluid noted)
-Unknown source, possible head gasket leak? Block leak? Water jacket service port leak?
2. Coolant leak from head gaskets (dry)
3. A/C compressor leak
4. Entire body of car repainted (B-pillars have matching paint)
-Overspray noted on rear hatch glass rubber
-Early model NSX's had black paint different from the berlina black paint on the body (this one has same color paint throughout)
5. Oil pan gasket leak
6. Signs of attempts to wipe clean the engine bay and oil pan prior to inspection:stoneface:

Last line of PPI:
"OVERALL CONDITION OF THE CAR IS VERY GOOD. IT SEEMS THAT SELLER MAY BE TRYING TO HIDE SOMETHING. WE PREDICT THAT
THIS NSX WILL NEED SOME MAJOR REPAIRS IN THE FUTURE."

-All told probably 5-10K in repairs needed to get it up to shape.  :stoneface: 0]
Thank goodness I didn't put a deposit down, another case for PPI before purchase of an older vehicle.
Sorry to hear that bro, the coolant leak would definitely have me concerned, the other stuff seems minor for a 24 year old car. At least you still have your red one though!

Really appreciate all of the tips and advice fam. I'm 19 and this is my first car. I decided I was going to try to perform all of the maintenance on it myself that I could, but this is still all new to me. I've been working on my car all day today and I got most of what needed to be done out of the way. The only thing left is that damn tire. I located one of those mallets, tried that for about 20-30 minutes, got nothing. My uncle's a mechanic and he told me to spray some WD-40 on it and let it sit for a while. So I did that about a hour ago and I'm going to let it sit through the night. Hopefully we can get it off tomorrow. I haven't drove my baby all week! I'm ready to get back on the road. Again, all of your responses were much appreciated. I'll rep as many of you as I can
I had a similar problem on a silverado. What I suggest, assuming you have the lugs nuts taken off and the car jacked up, is get under the car and kick the wheel from the back to see if it will break it loose. You could also hit it from the back with a mallet, if that still doesn't work get a long pry bar (if you have one or something similar) look to see where you can pry the wheel off. I put the pry bar between the wheel and the brake rotor, just take your time so you won't mess up your rotors. 

If you still cant get it off, I'd take a torch (heat up the wheel and hub) to it and see if it will loosen it up just enough to knock it off. 

Brah why would u get under the car when its on jacks and kick the wheel ?
laugh.gif

Doesnt sound safe at all
If its on jack stands, its safe. However, if the only thing holding up the car is the floor jack then yeah its not a good idea. 

We did it fam!!!! After 2 days, the wheel has finally been defeated. And you wouldn't believe how it came off. Long story short, I go out to the garage to get my Louisville Slugger as I prepare to go into battle with this wheel. My little brother sees me and thinks I'm about to go play baseball, so he grabs his bat and follows me. I tell him I'm actually about to go try to knock the wheel off my car, and he asks if he could try. Mind you, my little brother is 9 years old, all of maybe 80 pounds. I look at him and say if you think you can get it off after I've tried for so long yesterday then go for it. He squares up, gives it his best swing, and I'll be damn. The wheel just pops off! I've never been so proud in him and disappointed in myself at the same time before in my life. My bro was looking like the Ken Griffey Jr Swingman logo with that swing. Smh, in my defense, I'll just say that WD40 loosened it up enough for him

NSX update.  So crushed right now.  I had the 92 NSX checked out yesterday by my mechanic who owns a 91.  Keep in mind the seller, an independent dealer in LV, told me the car was pristine, only had repaint of front and rear fenders due to scratches and that the previous owner was meticulous about his service and maintenance on the vehicle:

PPI findings:

1. Coolant leak (green fluid in pictures) at back of engine block (fresh fluid noted)

-Unknown source, possible head gasket leak? Block leak? Water jacket service port leak?

2. Coolant leak from head gaskets (dry)

3. A/C compressor leak

4. Entire body of car repainted (B-pillars have matching paint)

-Overspray noted on rear hatch glass rubber

-Early model NSX's had black paint different from the berlina black paint on the body (this one has same color paint throughout)

5. Oil pan gasket leak

6. Signs of attempts to wipe clean the engine bay and oil pan prior to inspection
indifferent.gif

Last line of PPI:

"OVERALL CONDITION OF THE CAR IS VERY GOOD. IT SEEMS THAT SELLER MAY BE TRYING TO HIDE SOMETHING. WE PREDICT THAT

THIS NSX WILL NEED SOME MAJOR REPAIRS IN THE FUTURE."

-All told probably 5-10K in repairs needed to get it up to shape.  
indifferent.gif
alien.gif

Thank goodness I didn't put a deposit down, another case for PPI before purchase of an older vehicle.
Damn man 
mean.gif

Sorry to hear that. But im glad you did the right thing and had it checked out before finishing the purchase.  So what now? The hunt continues for a black NSX or is it GTR time?

We did it fam!!!! After 2 days, the wheel has finally been defeated. And you wouldn't believe how it came off. Long story short, I go out to the garage to get my Louisville Slugger as I prepare to go into battle with this wheel. My little brother sees me and thinks I'm about to go play baseball, so he grabs his bat and follows me. I tell him I'm actually about to go try to knock the wheel off my car, and he asks if he could try. Mind you, my little brother is 9 years old, all of maybe 80 pounds. I look at him and say if you think you can get it off after I've tried for so long yesterday then go for it. He squares up, gives it his best swing, and I'll be damn. The wheel just pops off! I've never been so proud in him and disappointed in myself at the same time before in my life. My bro was looking like the Ken Griffey Jr Swingman logo with that swing. Smh, in my defense, I'll just say that WD40 loosened it up enough for him
:lol: that's dope
Give ya lil bro a dap for me :pimp:

Copped this today.

Chrysler canceled my lifetime warranty bc of my mods. lol So I decided having a 6 yr old SRT without a warranty wasnt that good of an idea. Miss my old jeep. :frown:

But this isnt too shabby. Would have liked to get a hellcat but every ***** dealer is charging 20k over sticker. FOH.

Copped this today.

Chrysler canceled my lifetime warranty bc of my mods. lol So I decided having a 6 yr old SRT without a warranty wasnt that good of an idea. Miss my old jeep.
frown.gif

But this isnt too shabby. Would have liked to get a hellcat but every ***** dealer is charging 20k over sticker. FOH.
^Beautiful car, excellent choice 
nthat.gif

Copped this today.

Chrysler canceled my lifetime warranty bc of my mods. lol So I decided having a 6 yr old SRT without a warranty wasnt that good of an idea. Miss my old jeep. :frown:

Nice bro :smokin. Not gonna lie, I prefer the styling on the older SRT8 Jeeps, but the new ones are definitely nicer on the inside, plus a little quicker. Messing around with the launch control should be pretty fun too.

WHAT.

Get the **** outta here, Spider copped a new whip? You LOVED that ol silver thang, you posted so many pics of it that I was close to blocking you fam. :lol:

All jokes aside though, beautiful pickup man, congrats.

Looking forward to the 18479283 pics in similar angles youre gonna post of it. :lol: :smokin

Copped this today.

Nice bro :smokin. Not gonna lie, I prefer the styling on the older SRT8 Jeeps, but the new ones are definitely nicer on the inside, plus a little quicker. Messing around with the launch control should be pretty fun too.

Better watch out... messing around with the launch control will void his warranty faster than those mods did.

Oh wait.... never-mind... that's that other 18 ton AWD performance SUV isn't it ?

warranty-54736ceb25dc1.jpg

nissan-gtr-warranty.jpg

Copped this today.

Chrysler canceled my lifetime warranty bc of my mods. lol So I decided having a 6 yr old SRT without a warranty wasnt that good of an idea. Miss my old jeep.
frown.gif

beautiful, dig the red
pimp.gif

Okay guys , I've been in the market to purchase a new car for a few months. 35k is my max budget but would like to spend less of course.

At first I was sure I wanted a 15 or 16 Mazda 6 based off looks but after checking those out, they really lack power and weren't too fun to drive. Still like the interior and pricing.

I test drove a new R/T challenger about a week ago :smokin love those. I would love to get the Scat Pack but a bit out of my price range right now.
This will be my first real car buying experience so any opinions would be helpful to me.

For the guys more experienced in car buying, do you think I should wait until end of summer towards August to get a better deal on a R/T? Think I have any chance to find a scat pack ?

Copped this today.

J/K Clean ride. Get that thang lowered, some WK wheels, and a Black Ops front lip and your good to go! :pimp:

Last edited:
Okay guys , I've been in the market to purchase a new car for a few months. 35k is my max budget but would like to spend less of course.

At first I was sure I wanted a 15 or 16 Mazda 6 based off looks but after checking those out, they really lack power and weren't too fun to drive. Still like the interior and pricing.

I test drove a new R/T challenger about a week ago :smokin love those. I would love to get the Scat Pack but a bit out of my price range right now.
This will be my first real car buying experience so any opinions would be helpful to me.

For the guys more experienced in car buying, do you think I should wait until end of summer towards August to get a better deal on a R/T? Think I have any chance to find a scat pack ?

If you can be patient you can definitely find some great deals when dealerships switch to the new year and need to clear inventory

Back
Top Bottom