\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Do any of y’all in the process of minding your own damn business going about your normal routine of either going to or from work and someone tries you? If so, do you sometimes give in a little or do y’all just let it ride altogether?

I called it earlier in this thread when people said prices would level out in 2022. I think we're at a point now where anything that is "special" will be highly sought after. With Covid still surging and people avoiding offices, electrification accelerating and scarce inventory of these unique cars, people will pay top dollar for cars before they're gone forever.

Exactly right. Limited availability, rarity makes stuff harder to get, and people just having money to burn is another factor. Heck, a few years ago, I wanted a Lotus Elise. They were $30K give or take. Didn't matter about miles. They were always in the $30K range. Now, those are $50K. And for that bump, the Evora is a better deal as it's more car (yes, heavier too, I know, but easier to live with). And now that's where my focus is. But there is stuff that is just going for obscenely stupid money!

PUT IN MY ORDER AND DEPOSIT FOR A BADLANDS BRONCO HARDTOP WITH SASQUATCH PACKAGE AND HIGH PACKAGE. HAD TO GO WITH WHITE AND ALL BLACK INTERIOR :lol: . ALSO OPTED FOR THE 2.7 TWIN TURBO WITH 10 SPEED TRANSMISSION. WITH HOW LONG IT IS TAKING FORD TO GET THESE BRONCOS OUT, I DON'T EXPECT TO SEE MY BRONCO UNTIL END OF THE YEAR.
bronco1.jpeg

bronco2.jpeg

bronco3.jpeg

bronco4.jpeg

bronco6.jpeg

bronco5.jpeg

PUT IN MY ORDER AND DEPOSIT FOR A BADLANDS BRONCO HARDTOP WITH SASQUATCH PACKAGE AND HIGH PACKAGE. HAD TO GO WITH WHITE AND ALL BLACK INTERIOR :lol: . ALSO OPTED FOR THE 2.7 TWIN TURBO WITH 10 SPEED TRANSMISSION. WITH HOW LONG IT IS TAKING FORD TO GET THESE BRONCOS OUT, I DON'T EXPECT TO SEE MY BRONCO UNTIL END OF THE YEAR.
bronco1.jpeg

bronco2.jpeg

bronco3.jpeg

bronco4.jpeg

bronco6.jpeg

bronco5.jpeg

Congrats on the new truck. But take it from a former Ford salesperson for 23 years. By the end of the year IF your lucky. It probably will be a 2023 MY Bronco by then. Job 1 for the next model year is usually late this year for most hard to get vehicles.

I want to order a Maverick Hybrid to replace my Fusion Energi Plug in Hybrid. Couldn't order a 2022 as Ford shut down all retail hybrid orders back in the middle of November!! 😳 And my lease expires last day of February. So I got a year extension for my car and can order a 2023 Maverick the day the order banks open up, which is sometime in the middle of August, and Job1 is October sometime. Long wait but will be worth it. Keep your head up. You'll love your Bronco. 👍

Congrats on the new truck. But take it from a former Ford salesperson for 23 years. By the end of the year IF your lucky. It probably will be a 2023 MY Bronco by then. Job 1 for the next model year is usually late this year for most hard to get vehicles.

I want to order a Maverick Hybrid to replace my Fusion Energi Plug in Hybrid. Couldn't order a 2022 as Ford shut down all retail hybrid orders back in the middle of November!! 😳 And my lease expires last day of February. So I got a year extension for my car and can order a 2023 Maverick the day the order banks open up, which is sometime in the middle of August, and Job1 is October sometime. Long wait but will be worth it. Keep your head up. You'll love your Bronco. 👍

THATS PERFECTLY FINE WITH ME. IM NOT IN RUSH TO GET IT. BUT IM SURE IT WILL BE AWESOME WHEN I RECEIVE IT.

Two numbers, one letter & one word...7.3L Powerstroke! It's that simple. That engine is one of the greatest diesel engines in the last 50 years I kid you not. Regular maintenance and it will go for hundreds of thousands of miles. The Ford dealership worked at for 23 years, used an Econoline Cube Van for parts pickup/deliveries and that van had well over 400K on it..back in 2010!! I think they finally retired it when we got bought by another dealer group in 2016 & the body got pretty bad, but the motor was still purring along well into 500K. Plus it didn't hurt that we had several top notch diesel techs at our shop who knew their ****!

People who own Excursions with the 7.3, can basically ask whatever they want for it and as long as the truck is clean and the motor is good, they WILL get their asking price (within reason of course). Personally, the buyer here probably had to compare the lack of current inventory, coupled with the price of any available vehicle, plus this is a 6-speed stick diesel, which isn't available anymore, and decided it was worth it. It will be a workhorse for decades if taken care of, both mechanically and cosmetically.

Two numbers, one letter & one word...7.3L Powerstroke! It's that simple. That engine is one of the greatest diesel engines in the last 50 years I kid you not. Regular maintenance and it will go for hundreds of thousands of miles. The Ford dealership worked at for 23 years, used an Econoline Cube Van for parts pickup/deliveries and that van had well over 400K on it..back in 2010!! I think they finally retired it when we got bought by another dealer group in 2016 & the body got pretty bad, but the motor was still purring along well into 500K. Plus it didn't hurt that we had several top notch diesel techs at our shop who knew their ****!

People who own Excursions with the 7.3, can basically ask whatever they want for it and as long as the truck is clean and the motor is good, they WILL get their asking price (within reason of course). Personally, the buyer here probably had to compare the lack of current inventory, coupled with the price of any available vehicle, plus this is a 6-speed stick diesel, which isn't available anymore, and decided it was worth it. It will be a workhorse for decades if taken care of, both mechanically and cosmetically.
These legit be some of my favorite posts on here, I like hearing when someone knows their **** and has some experience

These legit be some of my favorite posts on here, I like hearing when someone knows their **** and has some experience

I very much appreciate the kind words buddy. When I started selling cars at age 20 in April 1997 (I did it till Jan 31 2020 as I left due to severe Crohn's. I was in BAD SHAPE), I always always always learned my product and basically became a walking book on vehicles. I never wanted to be "that salesperson" that people say doesn't know anything and the customer knows more. That was NOT me. I never tooted my own horn but beep beep, I knew my **** well! And my customers trusted me and came back to me over and over. My repeat business was well over 50% a year at minimum. 👍

Sadly, as much as I loved my job, I won't go back to doing it once I get off disability insurance. Loved my customers, hated the business and what it's become. The days of 100% commission salespeople should be thrown out. Make them salary with monthly bonuses and you'll see customers will be much happier to deal with dealerships.

With current ADMs on the 992 gt3…the 20-40k offers I had initially were a bargain

I saw one in the wild at a local C&C. This thing is so damn beautiful.

I got to drive a 991.2 GT3 at the Porsche Experience center in Carson in November. Literally changed my life forever as it pertains to cars. I hope someday I can own a GT3. I honestly wouldn't want anything else.

I got to drive a 991.2 GT3 at the Porsche Experience center in Carson in November. Literally changed my life forever as it pertains to cars. I hope someday I can own a GT3. I honestly wouldn't want anything else.
I might never buy another car if I could find a decent deal on 991.2 gt3 touring. I missed out on one for 10k over sticker about a year and a half ago and another for about 20k over like 6 months ago.

With current ADMs on the 992 gt3…the 20-40k offers I had initially were a bargain

They look like steals in today's market. I follow a local guy who owns a lot of ultra high end exotics (Carrera GT, pre-owned new Ford GT Carbon series in an Extended Color Palette choice of Chalk among other high end stuff) and also has some SERIOUS watches.

He specializes in alternative investment opportunities (material things) and he does REALLY well (he has a Paul Newman Daytona Rolex and several Patek Royal Oaks). He put an offer for an open allocation that popped up from someone he knew for a GT3 build and it was at 60K over list and it didn't last an hour. Man, if money was no object, that would have been a fun build. But color would HAVE to be PTS (I'll explain in my next post).

Funny you mentioned seeing one at your local C&C. Near the end of our Cars & Coffee season, I pulled in with my car and parked. Looked across the lot and saw a brand new 992 GT3. It was all white, black interior and silver wheels. That's it. I dunno, something about it just didn't stand out. Looked too plain. Like it needed something. Black wheels (which I'm not a fan of) or maybe bronze, and maybe the Porsche center stripe I've seen in some.

I think the new GT3 works best in a good color, like Guards Red or any of the 150 Paint to Sample colors. I follow 2 different pages on Instagram. One called PTSRS & the other PTSShades. People posts all PTS Porsches and they are awesome pages to see the vast selection. Here is a shot of 4 PTS GT3s (one being a Touring) from Pfaff Porsche in Ontario, Canada.
Screenshot_20220114-092821.png
Screenshot_20220114-092811.png
Screenshot_20220114-092829.png
Screenshot_20220114-092825.png

THIS is what works on the GT3. Crazy colors. In order, Viola Metallic, Fjord Green, Rubystar and mt favorite, Mint! All 4 are awesome and unique. Rubystar is the new version of the old 964 color Ruby stone and the Viola is just stunning. Never saw Fjord Green but I like it. Especially with the stripe. These look really really good. Plain colors, like white, black, silver, meh! A matte black one came to the local cars & coffee put on by the Girls & Gears group and it was nothing to look at. Hid all the lines. But these types of colors, YES PLEASE! Make my GT3 in Mint!

Last edited:
Anyone with experience getting out of a lease a year early? I have a 2019 5 series I leased right before the pandemic that now sits in the garage 5 days a week. I’ve looked around and see other 2019s now selling for 4-5k more than my current buyout amount.

I’d be happy to get out of the lease period without coming out of pocket. Even better if they’d cover the deposit for an i4. Think the dealership would be more willing if I commit to leasing another vehicle?

Anyone with experience getting out of a lease a year early? I have a 2019 5 series I leased right before the pandemic that now sits in the garage 5 days a week. I’ve looked around and see other 2019s now selling for 4-5k more than my current buyout amount.

I’d be happy to get out of the lease period without coming out of pocket. Even better if they’d cover the deposit for an i4. Think the dealership would be more willing if I commit to leasing another vehicle?

With all these inventory constraints, I’m sure they’d be more than happy to take that vehicle back. Might be good to see if you can ask them to negotiate the terms with the trade. Ultimately you have the power since they need that car from you.

I did it with my 2018 XC90, and leased my 2020 XC in Jan of 20. they kind rolled my remaining payments into the "discounts" and chipped away from that, I'm not sure if its up to the dealership and maybe a case by case, but you're better off going and talking to them about it, I dealt with the same sales dude and we worked it out...it feels like by todays standards they might want the car back] more than you do 🤷🏽‍♂️

Yeah. As long as it’s worth more than the buyout then the dealership would probably want it.

Back
Top Bottom