\\ Post Your Car vol. Been a minute //

Seen this Infiniti at a red earlier. I've never seen headlights shaped like hearts. Looked good tbh & unique compared to the standard miss matched fenders/fake tags & bent outta shape body panels NYC Infinitis.
20221126_192728.jpg

What all do you have done to the car?
I’ve contemplated a few times if I wanted to cut/dig into mine a bit. Since I’m going to keeping it for awhile might start off with some small things.
Headers
Driveshaft
Brakes
Suspension
If I can stop buying shoes then cam/internals

So I just got my car back after bringing it in for some tuning issues. Seems to be running fine...it was stalling in manual mode downshifting from 2nd to 1st. I drove it hard & no stalls thankfully.

My builder said they pulled up my car's tune data in their system & the fuel map displays about 36 parameters that have to do with vehicle speed range & air/fuel mixes. He said 2nd gear was showing lean & the tuner tweeked the tune and they downloaded it to my diablo handheld tuner and uploaded the new tune to the car.

I wish the weather was still hot out as that is when the stalling started around June...with this cold weather & air temps being super cool I doubt it would stall regardless.

There’s a bridge here in Boston that’s notorious for that. It might get hit once per day year round..During college move in season it gets hit multiple times per day

It’s on Storrow Dr, so it’s just called Storrowing/Storrowed :lol:

What all do you have done to the car?
I’ve contemplated a few times if I wanted to cut/dig into mine a bit. Since I’m going to keeping it for awhile might start off with some small things.
Headers
Driveshaft
Brakes
Suspension
If I can stop buying shoes then cam/internals
I've done a bunch of cosmetic mods most that aren't worth mentioning but basically to literally black it all out. Performance mods I've done are longtube headers(jetcoated), custom grind cam(aggressive), oil catch can, replaced the lifters & that deleted the MDS setting on my engine, meatier rubber in all 4 corners, timing chain & few others. I'm still not done...aim is to make it a fully built N/A 392 so another 20 grand ought to do it, lol but little bit at a time. Cut into yours- stock is cool but it can be cooler when modded, lol. What car do you have? Your list is a good start. Start off small & take it from there. Shoes are a drug man, I hear you on that.

It’s hard for me to make my mind up. The amount of money it takes to properly mod our cars. Whether we stroke the engine out to 411,426,454 or redo the internals and slap heavy boost on it.
It’s like just buy a Hellcat.
I know there’s the whole “built not bought” community but our cars are hard to mod and get over 550-620HP “safely”. If I did my full research prior I would’ve kept my 17 Daytona and just modified it.
5.7s have a lot of unlocked potential and it’s easier to mod vs the 6.4 but eventually the cost would get higher depending on the numbers you want to hit.
When I got this car it was initially to get into drag racing a bit more but, between Covid and other things that came crashing in my life the last two years it took a major backseat.
One of my guys got his motor stroked to 411 and slapped twin turbos on it. Took some time to get it done for sure. I believe it was from MMX. Very long story less long, they sent him the wrong rod or ring and it blew up on him. The company honored the 30k mistake and fixed it. Now I’m not saying I need 1425HP(which is where his scat is) but I know once you’re bitten by the power bug it’s a never ending cycle.

I've done a bunch of cosmetic mods most that aren't worth mentioning but basically to literally black it all out. Performance mods I've done are longtube headers(jetcoated), custom grind cam(aggressive), oil catch can, replaced the lifters & that deleted the MDS setting on my engine, meatier rubber in all 4 corners, timing chain & few others. I'm still not done...aim is to make it a fully built N/A 392 so another 20 grand ought to do it, lol but little bit at a time. Cut into yours- stock is cool but it can be cooler when modded, lol. What car do you have? Your list is a good start. Start off small & take it from there. Shoes are a drug man, I hear you on that.

Traded in my Tesla Model 3 for a 2022 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison Edition. Really wanted a Rivian or F150 lightning, but I'm too impatient to wait, and I'm not paying a huge markup for the ones that are available. Got it for $4k under list. Put on some new rock sliders and a tonneau cover so far.
IMG_7449.JPG
IMG_7450.JPG

Traded in my Tesla Model 3 for a 2022 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison Edition. Really wanted a Rivian or F150 lightning, but I'm too impatient to wait, and I'm not paying a huge markup for the ones that are available. Got it for $4k under list. Put on some new rock sliders and a tonneau cover so far.
IMG_7449.JPG
IMG_7450.JPG
Can't wait to see it dirty!!!!!

IMG_7449.JPG
IMG_7450.JPG
Bro I got the same truck but mines a 2021. Dope!

Attachments

• 2B7DEA47-2DCF-467E-9C3A-1CB0A75EFE0C.jpeg
    2B7DEA47-2DCF-467E-9C3A-1CB0A75EFE0C.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 57D3FAEE-D125-4750-850A-3B0A914FAFA7.jpeg
    57D3FAEE-D125-4750-850A-3B0A914FAFA7.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 108
IMG_7449.JPG
IMG_7450.JPG
not bad mate, congrats papi :fire

i like kibbetech take onthe colorado
1669705333169.png

It’s hard for me to make my mind up. The amount of money it takes to properly mod our cars. Whether we stroke the engine out to 411,426,454 or redo the internals and slap heavy boost on it.
It’s like just buy a Hellcat.
I know there’s the whole “built not bought” community but our cars are hard to mod and get over 550-620HP “safely”. If I did my full research prior I would’ve kept my 17 Daytona and just modified it.
5.7s have a lot of unlocked potential and it’s easier to mod vs the 6.4 but eventually the cost would get higher depending on the numbers you want to hit.
When I got this car it was initially to get into drag racing a bit more but, between Covid and other things that came crashing in my life the last two years it took a major backseat.
One of my guys got his motor stroked to 411 and slapped twin turbos on it. Took some time to get it done for sure. I believe it was from MMX. Very long story less long, they sent him the wrong rod or ring and it blew up on him. The company honored the 30k mistake and fixed it. Now I’m not saying I need 1425HP(which is where his scat is) but I know once you’re bitten by the power bug it’s a never ending cycle.
If it's going to be worth your while it's going to cost some bank for sure. Right, a lot of people say "just buy a Hellcat" which is great with the #'s backed by a factory warranty but when you mod your car is pretty much 1 of a kind. Going to car meets & seeing a bunch of stock hellcats just painted different colors is 🥱essentially they're all the same exact car. Modding adds personality like my car sounds better than any stock Demon/Hellcat.

Adding boost to 392s is not a good idea hence why I'm staying N/A + if I wanted forced induction I would've just gotten a Hellcat. Your Daytona had the 392 or 5.7? You sold it? And yup, the higher # plateau you're trying to hit the more it'll cost. Engine modding is not cheap man, my build, although not huge by any means still by the end of it with the small miscellaneous things, jet coating, dyno runs & tuning + all the other stuff was 11g. And if I want to continue to get it "fully built" properly that will be another 20.

How did your friends motor hold up after being stroked out before it blew up? I'm going that route when I'm ready to continue beefing up the engine. His Scats at 1,425HP? :wow: Goddamn! Any Youtube videos of his car? I'd love to see it. Power bug has a mean bite, once you start you just can't stop. The way I see it mod away BUT mod to your cars & it's engine's limits. Not worth trying to push past that 👍.

speaking of mods...flashed a stage 1 OTS tune on my F82 last night. i definitely feel the power increase on the butt dyno.

i 100% agree with zmaqbool zmaqbool modding is more about giving your car your own personality, vs being an out of the box generic IMO.

Back
Top Bottom