Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Just a quick rundown of what I am seeing of the 12 so far:

All appear to feature flat embroidery, which for the most part is a great thing.

Rangers Red- Spot on match to a '95 era on field
Dodgers- Spot on match to a '95 era on field
Yankees- Spot on match to a '95 era on field
CA Angels- Spot on match to a '95 era on field
Braves- Spot on match to a '95 era on field
Twins- Spot on match to a '95 era on field

Indians- cap button should be navy blue. It's never been red.
Padres Navy- Shouldn't really have flat emb. on the logo for a 2000-2003 era cap
Pirates Black- Spot on match to a '95 era on field, except for the batterman, should be black and red
An. Angels- logo seems a touch small. cap button should be baby blue. Dont feel the logo should be flat either
Mets- cap button was blue when they had flat embr. so its a meshing of eras I guess
Tigers- cap button was blue when they had flat embr. so its a meshing of eras I guess

Just as I expected, they will be batting around .500 with all these inconsistencies. Considering some will be dropping $40, I thought I'd throw some info out there for you all to make informed decisions

Well...missed those wool hats. Wanted a pirates for sure. Think they will restock? I didn't even get an email about them....

They've literally only been posted for 3 hours, 2 when I made my first post. Unless it's super limited, I see no way full size runs were wiped clean.

What makes me optimistic that it was a soft launch with various sizes, is that i saw the Angels TBTC missing some sizes when that cap came out. Then 4-5 days later, all sizes back up.

I'm saving money but this is not the way to launch a product. I was ready to impulse buy five of em. Not a one available in my true size? Craptown

The inventory system is somewhat live. It shows there are 18 nyy 7 3/4s. Yet just three rangers. I just don't know man. Sort of a downer finding out this way. Back to trekking on eBay. And now IG knows. Game may be over for me

Last edited:
I copped a Yankees in the retro classic. I'll post pics when it comes in.

Just how I wanted to spend my birthday tomorrow. Refreshing the page every 10 minutes lol. Ebates deal ends in 20 minutes too. Typical

A red/blue 1997-2007 alternate phillies cap makes an appearance. Along with a royal blue KC. I don't think peoPls want totally obscure hats but that blue philly hat that they wore for one year is kind of a gem. If, I'd go grey alternate, baby blue, or their black crown. I see they're not going too crazy, yet.

The phillies features a flat logo, when it should actually be raised. It's interesting this hybrid approach they've taken. Slowly I am seeing more sizes magically pop up. The wait begins.

Last edited:
They've literally only been posted for 3 hours, 2 when I made my first post. Unless it's super limited, I see no way full size runs were wiped clean.

What makes me optimistic that it was a soft launch with various sizes, is that i saw the Angels TBTC missing some sizes when that cap came out. Then 4-5 days later, all sizes back up.

I'm saving money but this is not the way to launch a product. I was ready to impulse buy five of em. Not a one available in my true size? Craptown

The inventory system is somewhat live. It shows there are 18 nyy 7 3/4s. Yet just three rangers. I just don't know man. Sort of a downer finding out this way. Back to trekking on eBay. And now IG knows. Game may be over for me

they aren't limited, they just threw some of what they had up

no hats had a FSR, just very scattered sizes

really not in the mood to spend $40 on a hat right now especially online. Ill be happy if they get sold in all stores so I can try it on

they late to the grey brim white sweatband wave. it'll be easier to reup tho but i'll hold off till then.

Just how I wanted to spend my birthday tomorrow. Refreshing the page every 10 minutes lol. Ebates deal ends in 20 minutes too. Typical

A red/blue 1997-2007 alternate phillies cap makes an appearance. Along with a royal blue KC. I don't think peoPls want totally obscure hats but that blue philly hat that they wore for one year is kind of a gem. If, I'd go grey alternate, baby blue, or their black crown. I see they're not going too crazy, yet.

The phillies features a flat logo, when it should actually be raised. It's interesting this hybrid approach they've taken. Slowly I am seeing more sizes magically pop up. The wait begins.

Happy Birthday b! 8)

One of my recent pick ups. University of Washington hat. Any idea on dating this?

Looks like we lost all the photos if we uploaded them to the old NT. I guess we start over.

Found this little nugget locally
IMG_2795.JPG

IMG_2797.JPG

I truly only ever see made in China poly that lint and dust just loves. Not here. I want to say it's usually 95% made in China since this team has been around. Glad to see them still making stuff stateside

ruckus2115 ruckus2115 I saw your hat before the Nt switch over. That 5950 branding is very specific in MLB years dating from 1993 to 1996. So I would place the Udub hat within that same era

Attachments

• IMG_2795.JPG
    IMG_2795.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
For those who were interested in the retro classic hats on Lids More sizes populated during the down time/switch for some teams.

Was finally able to grab the Dodgers in my size. (7 5/8)
Can't wait for them to come in and check em out.

Looking at neweracaptalk, some guys mentioned logos being too small as well as colors being off. The big wahoo Indians hat has a thicker than normal white outline as well as a navy outline on the wahoo.

Totally contemplating waiting this thing out. Not impressed so far.

Got a link to the thread Wally?

Not familiar with the site really.

Interested to read up on it though.

For those who were interested in the retro classic hats on Lids More sizes populated during the down time/switch for some teams.

Was finally able to grab the Dodgers in my size. (7 5/8)
Can't wait for them to come in and check em out.

A lot of them used the Kids sized logos including the Dodgers.

Also, the Dodgers was made w/ the wrong royal blue color (i.e. not Dodger blue)

b20 eg8 b20 eg8 here is where I saw most of the info

It's just the little things that add up. They are already charging more than regular on fields, so the smaller missing details are sort of pathetic

Here are a few photographic examples that I put together
Rangers:
I overlayed two photos from lids, one of the regular on field, and one of the retro classic. The T is quite a bit smaller on the retro classic
2jg8287.jpg

Padres: Just an overall different shade of blue. It shouldnt be Yankee blue. Also the thickness of the logo is just too small and refined on the retro classic
zxtsn6.jpg

And a side by side of a 1995 era Yankees cap and a 2007 era Padres cap
wso6tf.jpg

-------------
Angels:

Here is a personal side by side of a 2000 era Angels cap and a 1995 era Yankees cap
1zfkbc6.jpg

Here is a shot of what the retro classic looks like
hwl

It should not be CA Angels navy/Indians navy/Yankee Navy/Tiger Navy etc... They seemed to lump all the blues together, including messing up the Dodgers colors

Indians:
1995 on field example:
2drs7qh.jpg

Retro Classic:
hwl

Seemingly nice flat logo. But check out the navy outline on wahoo.

A little history. Going back to 2002 when they went with the smaller wahoo head, they started having the navy outline around wahoo. Add that outline to the already larger than normal white outline, and it just looks like crap.

It's the same lack of detail that makes the cooperstown collection a laughing stock.

-------
Twins:
My favorite hat of all-time. I knew something looked wrong. The M is much too small on the retro classic. Here I overlayed the retro classic above the regular on field logo
2w2n3f5.jpg

Compare yourself. There is a BLACK MLB cooperstown Twins on lids right next to the retro classic. Overall, this is very disappointing

This actually feels like just a rehashed cooperstown collection collection. Not game changing at all.

^ like I said, they're using the kids-sized logos (i.e. the logos that go on the kids fitteds)

Anyone know the style name of these fitteds? Currently looking for The mets in a 7 1/2

Attachments

• IMG_2023.JPG
    IMG_2023.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 16
1c3m4m 1c3m4m Lids is saying those are a lids exclusive. Just called "Black on Red 59Fifty". Not many teams left at this point in time.

Bert. Bert. I can be the guinea pig on the indians on field. I saw a sz 8 pop up then drop off, then pop up. Both times conveniently when that Saturday 25% off sale had ended. But I'll have some impressions up next week when it arrives. More than a couple details being wrong, a flat large wahoo is years upon years in the making. I'd be a sucker not to give it a go.

So Lids is also dropping many rounds of their Ultimate Patch collection.. They got the angels right this time
hwl

They also got the Twins M the right size here
hwl

its funny what they choose to get right

Last edited:
No thanks, I hate patches with a passion.

only one ill tolerate is the OG American flag for 9/11 not the current plastic patch SMFH

Back
Top Bottom