Post Your New Eras*59-Fiftys*etc... VOL. INFINITY NOW W/ Henz0/Thunderchunk/Icy's FAQ ON PG.1

Eightone brown sugar
Eightone chppaz
Biggcity Let's go Astros pack 22WS patch. Copped all but the chopped. Theat bkue and gold with green UV is sooooo tough! Yall know hiw I fell about green UVs though. Remind me of the early fitted days I guess lol.
Screenshot_20231003_191618_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20231003_191630_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230930_132746_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230930_132845_Chrome.jpg
giphy (2).gif

donjuan513 donjuan513 or wallyhopp wallyhopp do either of you own a New Era fitted from the 70’s - 80’s with the leather sweatband? I have an eye on one, but am not sure how the sizing will be. I wear 7 1/4 in current models, but 7 3/8 in made in the U.S. wool hats.

donjuan513 donjuan513 or wallyhopp wallyhopp do either of you own a New Era fitted from the 70’s - 80’s with the leather sweatband? I have an eye on one, but am not sure how the sizing will be. I wear 7 1/4 in current models, but 7 3/8 in made in the U.S. wool hats.
I had one of those in the 90s when I was like 13 and it was the tightest damn thing I ever wore. I was so excited to get that 70s-style Red Sox cap (red crown, navy brim) from Cooperstown Collection and it turned out I could barely squeeze it over my head. On top of that the gatdam sweatband made my forehead break out in zits like crazy. **** those hats, for real....

I had one of those in the 90s when I was like 13 and it was the tightest damn thing I ever wore. I was so excited to get that 70s-style Red Sox cap (red crown, navy brim) from Cooperstown Collection and it turned out I could barely squeeze it over my head. On top of that the gatdam sweatband made my forehead break out in zits like crazy. **** those hats, for real....

I appreciate the feedback. I always wondered why New Era made a hat with a leather sweatband, doesn’t seem practical.

I'm on the hunt for a Milwaukee Brewers wool hat with a green uv, preferably without a batterman and it’s been a challenge.

I appreciate the feedback. I always wondered why New Era made a hat with a leather sweatband, doesn’t seem practical.

I'm on the hunt for a Milwaukee Brewers wool hat with a green uv, preferably without a batterman and it’s been a challenge.
Yeah, getting these on-field replicas of pre-90s styles can be tough to find. Might be worth contacting Mickey's Place to ask if this is wool/green UV/no batterman:

They have some 70s & 90s versions, too, but that's the only 80s I'm seeing: https://www.mickeysplace.com/page/1/?s=brewers&post_type=product

Yeah, getting these on-field replicas of pre-90s styles can be tough to find. Might be worth contacting Mickey's Place to ask if this is wool/green UV/no batterman:

They have some 70s & 90s versions, too, but that's the only 80s I'm seeing: https://www.mickeysplace.com/page/1/?s=brewers&post_type=product
Ironically I have that exact hat in my cart. I had planned to reach out and ask if it’s wool or polyester, which I have done on the Cooperstown hats before ordering.

I prefer the original release on the vintage hats because some of the details are different, more specifically with Brewers hats are the front logo.

IMG_1998.jpeg

I prefer the protruding patch, where I’ve noticed the Retro release will have a flatter logo.

The hat you posted from Mickey’s Place has the bolder logo, but for the all blue hat the retro release doesn’t have the same look.

Annnnd they just cancelled my order :smh:
Man, I'm still annoyed by this - I really wanted this one. I think this is the second time they've cancelled an order of mine due to stock issues, first time was a few years ago. Funny thing is I'm only seeing one of the caps from this pack (a Mets) listed anywhere for resale. I saw some other folks posting comments on HC's social posts about their orders getting cancelled, too. Something's fishy with this, grrrr...

Sorry can’t really help you. I own one Roman Indians with a leather sweatband. But that’s more of a reproduction replica. I would lean on them all being more tight than the shrinking wool era, so I would size up. Wearability may be a concern as the leather could be cracked/worn/dried out. I wouldn’t chance it unless the price was cheap enough.

2006ish, the brewers introduced their royal blue alternate mlb cap. I would honestly look into a made in USA grey under over anything mickeys place currently has unless you really want the yellow front crown or the older M design. If you’re lucky too around 2009 that same design was around in black nasty form.
The patch was on the left on on-field caps til like 2016, I believe.

https-3A-2F-2Fsouthsideshowdown-com-2Fwp-content-2Fuploads-2Fgetty-images-2F2016-2F04-2F55989560-850x560-691d108e66c3b812b3af97b01f9c2f79.jpg

The 2016 Cubs look like the first pics I can find with right side patches.
Yep. Post season 2016, new era introduced the visible side flag to the wearers left side and moved the ws/year patches to the right side. You’ll see a number of true to form reproductions with the patch on the correct left side. But if it’s a special color or random theme like the majority of hats are now, it seems like new era forces the side flag to be on any ‘new’ cap with any themed patch getting thrown to the wearers right side.
You’ll see the plain Jane ws05 white sox in retro form with the patch on either side. Sometimes it’s the lazy designer/shop who doesn’t care what they order,’other times it’s a requirement by newera. I own two Atlanta braves 2000 asg patches caps plain janes, with the patch on the right and one with it on the left.
Brand new customs post 2016 seem to all have this requirement to have a side flag on the left and any patch on the right. That’s the jist of it.

What size? I think I’m sitting on two circa 1992-1993 royal blue brewer on fields with the batterman but they have green unders. it was right before the switchover to the light navy and green/gold.

—-
Had the urge to buy more then decided to break out something I hadn’t ever worn before.
Broke out this brand new 2001 era Rockies cap for the first time today
287A9EE9-0A68-4A61-8DFA-84B33D20FAEA.jpeg

AD4719B6-00A7-4810-A6B0-646CA4ADE230.jpeg

The shape leans more towards low profile and the comfort element makes it seem like Ive worn this 300 times. The 1999-2006 new era had Unmatched quality

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom