Post Your Unpopular Music Opinions

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fanasty was Kanye's second worst album

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

this asap yams song is 100X more entertaining than the new asap mob mix tape, son should drop them bums and go for self

Dope Man is Jay's most slept on song.

Nas's best material is The Lost Tapes. I love Illmatic but The Lost Tapes is just better IMO.

Last edited:
- I have no problem with musicians stepping outside the box and doing something different as long as the end product is actually good. I'll give them props for having the balls to step out of their comfort zone or going against the norm, but I'm not going to automatically label what they did classic or what have you just because its something different. It actually has to be GOOD, along with being different.

- Kendrick Lamar is most likely going to end up in the "rapper with substance and solid record sales" category similar to Lupe Fiasco, but I sincerely hope he surpasses that and becomes a real headliner. I like him more than I liked Lupe when he was at that same point in his career.

- That new ASAP mixtape has some :smokin production but it also confirms to me that Rocky is probably the only cat in the group worth listening to.

Jay-Z hasn't been great since American Gangster
Rakim is slightly overrated
Scarface is top 5 but regional bias blinds people
Drake will still be on top 10 years from now

I think having a large catalog of great music is essential to being considered an All Time Great of Music. 

Therefore, the Notorious BIG, is not an All Time Great (I know its not his fault, but that is reality).

--Hip Hop has fallen off and will NEVER recover or be what it once was
--There's nothing to say in hip hop that hasn't been said already... just update the drugs, technology and slang and it's the same ****
--Most rappers are suckers and liars
--New Orleans' style of production and delivery has had a HUGE influence on the game
--Early Ca$h Money (Juvenile's Solja Rags, BG's Choppa City) were two of the MOST GANGSTER albums to EVER come out

--There's nothing to say in hip hop that hasn't been said already... just update the drugs, technology and slang and it's the same ****

what is there to say in any other genre of music?

those types of comments annoy the **** out of me.

people say stuff about hip-hop sometimes that applies to all music. :lol:

but whatever i'm sure you'll have some work around response

Back
Top Bottom