Post Your Unpopular Music Opinions

Was never a Jay fan always thought he was second best of the generation....just was always consistent. Pac Big and Pun were all >>>> Jay, DMX in his prime > Jay...Eminem in his prime was >> Jay, Kanye in his prime >>>, Jay was just always around...

I'm more excited for the Joey Bad album then Kendrick

People really got polarizing feelings about drake...dude makes good...easily listenable music. Stuff you can throw on at all times with anyone around and it groves....i like him but i ain't caping or hating....just enjoy dudes music

The game misses kevin gates

I think aesop rock is the greatest rapper ever. His bars should be studied like TS Elliot poetry in a class room somewhere

How waw it the end? Guys were just hitting their primes especially Jay and X. Ja was just getting started same with Bleek and Beans.
Specifically Dame, but more than that I'm speaking in terms of laying the foundation for the Future of those Crews, Labels and Artists alike.

It was then that the Spark was ignited to overthrow Dame and his, anything.

In terms of popularity mostly everyone involved in that tour (on the Artist side) benefited immediately following but, lines were drawn and the Blueprint was laid.

Jayz future reign wasn't inevitable, before that tour.

He was just smart enough with the Hustle to finesse his way to the TOP of all of it, not some side piece, and of course he had the talent to go along with it.

Last edited:
J Cole and nas are talented writers but boring artists. Especially nas. He picks horrible beats to make it worse.

I like Jay, but I'm not a super fan, but his longevity is impressive than a muf. I first heard dude on video soul 'ain't no'. I was in like 7th grade. Now I'm a grown a** 33 y/o man and son still might drop a hit tomorrow.

There are too many cats to keep up with. Rap has downgraded over the decades imo, it was much more impressive in the 90s to me.

I won't name names but some cats just know the recipe, meaning, they know the persona to emulate and the words to say to get a buzz and sell records.

I'm a big andre fan but the fact that he never dropped a solo rap album means something. Idk if he's uninspired, which I understand, or indecisive, but it means something. Son would go platinum in a day if he dropped.

Down south rap is heavily slept on, there are rappers from my home state (Alabama) that should've gotten deals before many of these new cats.

I think NT has enough juice to propel an artist to the top. If we had an American Idol to type thread where we voted who we'd push, I legit think we'd launch as new star. Not really unpopular, but it's something that was on my mind.

Dolph and gotti should squash the nonsense and put out a tape together. Joint should be so flames that it wouldn't make any sense.

Last edited:
I think Bubba Sparxxx "Dark Days, Bright Nights"(2001) is one of the best albums that came out in 2001.

ill how much love Murda Ma$e receives here on NT. This has got to be top 5 best Murda Ma$e verse form me

1+

Whole track is :pimp:

Wish i had reps left. Havent bumped this in a minute

But to keep theme of the thread...

AZ> Cormega> Nas

And i fw with all 3

Last edited:
I think Kendrick Lamar is a great artist and rapper but i'm convinced that dude maybe the most overrated/overhyped rapper of all time

top 5
eyes.gif

I think Kendrick Lamar is a great artist and rapper but i'm convinced that dude maybe the most overrated/overhyped rapper of all time

top 5:rolleyes

My thing with him is, as much as I believe he is an incredible rapper/lyricist, that hasnt always translated into great music. To some hip hop fan, lyrics are the end all and what makes a song good or not. To me, it is only part of it. Kendricks new album is nice, but not all of Kendricks music is good.

My thing with him is, as much as I believe he is an incredible rapper/lyricist, that hasnt always translated into great music. To some hip hop fan, lyrics are the end all and what makes a song good or not. To me, it is only part of it. Kendricks new album is nice, but not all of Kendricks music is good.

I agree with both, I think KRIT should be bigger than he is. But who am I, I'm the guy who thinks that Solange makes better music than her sister.

I agree with both, I think KRIT should be bigger than he is. But who am I, I'm the guy who thinks that Solange makes better music than her sister.
But she does though..

eyes.gif

Last edited:
But she does though..

:rolleyes

She does and I caught bs in this here thread because I posted an unpopular opinion that was against a popular artist, but Solange does, it is more creative to me and Seat at the Table was pretty damned good in my unpopular opinion.

top 5:rolleyes

This is why Tribe is GOAT and Outkast is a close second.

Everything is good.
Sound.
Flow.
Style.
Art.
Message.
That's Good music to me.

When it comes to caressing the beat, QTip is unreal.

Breathe and Stop, for example, I can't tell where the lyrics end and the beat starts. Just one good piece.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom