Post Your Unpopular Music Opinions

-Joe Budden is one of raps biggest herbs.
-Wale is one of raps biggest herbs.
-Rick Ross's appeal died out.
-Chief Keef influenced Kanye more than Kanye is going to influence Chief Keef.
-2 Chainz > Future in headphones. Future > 2Chainz in the whip.
-Waka (although I don't listen to him) is one of the most brilliant rappers as far as marketing.
-SpaceGhostPurpp is a teenage girl.
-The Weeknd is the Jay-z of male R&B (if the stories are true).
-Since the release of House of Balloons, everything he's done pales in comparison.
-Tupac's music as a whole was very wack and doesn't appeal to me at all. He was more of a star than a rapper.
-90's West Coast production (Dopeman, Real Muthaphukkin' Gs, etc) is absolutely beautiful music.
-"I'm so Tired of Being Alone," "Love and Happiness," and countless other Al Green songs are perfect for ANY occasion. You can play it during a love scene or a funeral and makes you feel some type of indescribable way.
-Gobstopper and Last Donut of the Night are Beethoven-like.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Kendrick Lamar is a great lyricists, and has some REALLY good songs, but he over-raps sometimes mostly, and that takes away from the listening pleasure. Wale does this as well sometimes. They overdo it.
I agreed with most of you post but, this one stood out to me because I knew I wasn't the only one thinking this. Regardless dude is solid & will never receive a dime from me.

- The UK music scene is #$%! on ours right now.

- Frank Ocean is very talented but I felt like Nostalgia, Ultra was overrated.

- Melanie Fiona had two good albums but doesn't have the marketable personality to go with the music. Nothing about her stands out at all.

- The xx album was good but not great.

- The internet has caused everyone to label something they like as "amazing", "brilliant" or at worst "classic" I understand we all have different tastes but I just find it hard that you find every single new album or song from an artist you like "amazing".

Originally Posted by 8PM at MSG

- The UK music scene is #$%! on ours right now.

- Frank Ocean is very talented but I felt like Nostalgia, Ultra was overrated.

- Melanie Fiona had two good albums but doesn't have the marketable personality to go with the music. Nothing about her stands out at all.

- The xx album was good but not great.

- The internet has caused everyone to label something they like as "amazing", "brilliant" or at worst "classic" I understand we all have different tastes but I just find it hard that you find every single new album or song from an artist you like "amazing".
QFT. Was joking with my friend saying Melanie Fiona needed to have some nakes leaked, get a crazy bf or release a sextape 
laugh.gif
 I loved The MF Life though.
Oh and The Weeknd is tremendous as far as R&B goes. I love his music. It's something we haven't seen in R&B music ever. So blunt with his tales of his boys and women and dark in general. And he describes it in such a vivid manner, dope writing. 

I really don't find Jay-Z's music to be entertaining. His flow don't do it for me.

Originally Posted by Antidope

Nice bump. 
I think Tupac is wack. I've never had a Tupac song in my ipod or itunes and never will. His appeal is tremendously overhyped because of his passing.

Nas is trash. I've said it in threads before and I'll say it again. Its all psuedo-intellectual, hypocritical, mish-mash struggle bars.

Andre 3000 is wack. I've already made a thread about this before so I dont feel like explaining it.

JAY-Z is not only the best rapper ever, but the best musician ever. To me Rap is the best form of music ever, and JAY-Z is the best rapper ever, so he has to be the best musician ever.

Rap is really the only genre of music I listen to, the rest of it does not appeal to me.

90s West Coast was also very wack. 

The top Mainstream rappers>The top underground rappers.

This whole "He spits real hip hop" thing needs to die fast. You being outside the box=/= you being nice. That means you Odd Future.

Drakes the best artist of the new era. He seems to be the only one that knows exactly what he wants to do with his talent set and uses it to perfection damn near every time.

Lupe Fiasco is over rated.

Stack Bundles would have been huge if he didnt die.

KanYe held WTT back.
Kid, you had to be born in '96 to even have any of these opinions you've just stated. Jesus zombie Christ. 

Nice bump. 
I think Tupac is wack. I've never had a Tupac song in my ipod or itunes and never will. His appeal is tremendously overhyped because of his passing.
i won't talk about you saying he's wack because that's your opinion, but you do know that his impact and appeal were CRAZY when he was alive right? like skeezers LOVED that dude and dudes everywhere were attached to his every word. It was very clear that he was on top of the rap game by the time '96 came BEFORE he died. 

Originally Posted by niquefreak94

Nice bump.
i won't talk about you saying he's wack because that's your opinion, but you do know that his impact and appeal were CRAZY when he was alive right? like skeezers LOVED that dude and dudes everywhere were attached to his every word. It was very clear that he was on top of the rap game by the time '96 came BEFORE he died.
This is post is very true.

Have you ever heard the song "Ether" by Nas?
That's Tupac saying F**k Jay-Z.

I'm just saying.

I like jay too.

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

Nice bump. 

Nas is trash. I've said it in threads before and I'll say it again. Its all psuedo-intellectual, hypocritical, mish-mash struggle bars.

Andre 3000 is wack. I've already made a thread about this before so I dont feel like explaining it.

JAY-Z is not only the best rapper ever, but the best musician ever. To me Rap is the best form of music ever, and JAY-Z is the best rapper ever, so he has to be the best musician ever.

Rap is really the only genre of music I listen to, the rest of it does not appeal to me.

90s West Coast was also very wack. 

The top Mainstream rappers>The top underground rappers.

This whole "He spits real hip hop" thing needs to die fast. You being outside the box=/= you being nice. That means you Odd Future.

Drakes the best artist of the new era. He seems to be the only one that knows exactly what he wants to do with his talent set and uses it to perfection damn near every time.

Lupe Fiasco is over rated.

Stack Bundles would have been huge if he didnt die.

KanYe held WTT back.
Kid, you had to be born in '96 to even have any of these opinions you've just stated. Jesus zombie Christ. 
I was born in 89. This isnt a troll post either, and I catch heat all the time when convos relating to these people come up. But this is what always happens, its like I'm supposed to like these guys just cause, and I dont then theres something wrong with me. If you ask me, thats the zombie mentality. At the very least I respect what those people have done for the hip-hop genre and concede the fact that they have to be worth something to garner as much fans as they have, I just think theyre wack.

Nice bump. 
I should have been more clear. I meant in regards to his musical appeal. I remember him being larger than life back then and everyone and their mom was enamored with him, even my parents. I just wasnt. What I was getting at is that his skills as a rapper are and were tremendously over hyped and if he was allowed to finish on his own terms what we would have saw was a massive drop off and elimination from the best rapper of all time discussion. I respect what he did I just dont like his music at all.

Originally Posted by rice boy 45

Nice bump.
This is post is very true. 

Have you ever heard the song "Ether" by Nas? 
That's Tupac saying F**k Jay-Z. 

I'm just saying. 

I like jay too.
Yeah I knew that. For the record Ether was wack. There was 0 sting to that record and corny jokes like "Gay-Z" and "Cockafella". Super Ugly was better. The collection of JAY-Z disses in that beef >The collection of Nas disses.

- Tupac was garbage as a lyricist.
- Kanye West is one of this generation's best (and one of my favorite) artists, but is stupid overrated as a rapper and producer. As a visionary, him > everyone.
- Drake is probably the best thing that urban music has going right now.
- I don't understand Stalley's appeal.
- Every song on a trap beat is the same song. Future, Tity, Rawse, Yo Gotti, etc., have been rapping over the same beat for 2 years.
- Besides Illmatic and It Was Written, Nas albums have generally been garbage.
- Wu Tang really didn't make anything that hot save for 36 Chambers, Cuban Linx, Liquid Swords, and Ghost's discography.

Likely more to come.

Originally Posted by J A M E S

- Kanye West is one of this generation's best (and one of my favorite) artists, but is somewhat overrated as a rapper and producer. As a visionary, him > everyone.
- Drake is probably the best thing that urban music has going right now.
- I don't understand Stalley's appeal.
- Every song on a trap beat is the same song. Future, Tity, Rawse, Yo Gotti, etc., have been rapping over the same beat for 2 years.
This

Big L was the illest lyricist that came out of harlem
Tupac was definitely overrated as a lyricist. Good dude, but those plain lyrics are ugh.
I'd like to see kendrick lamar front lining for hip hop representing the west like dre, snoop etc.
Dubstep is 2012 music, i hate it, and the people that listen to it. it all sounds the same.

Bigge>Tupac
NY>Cali

Kendrick Lamar isn't going to blow up, but I'm glad, he's been steadily dropping  
pimp.gif
 song after 
pimp.gif
 song

He's the best rapper around today

Big K.R.I.T. is a problem, dude is a incredible producer and awesome rapper and he directs too? 
30t6p3b.gif

A$AP Rocky is wack

Kanye fell off after College Dropout

2 Chainz is actually....alright

300 Bars and Runnin will forever be the greatest diss song ever.

Joey Bada$$ is the best thing out of NY right now.

Deftones SUCK

Big KRIT is nice as hell

Yelawolf is OD overrated

Kanye has been all downhill since College Dropout, most of his appeal is related to him as an entertainment personality

Hiphop will never experience anything like the Wu-Tang Clan ever again

Wiz Khalifa is incredibly garbage

I honestly have ALWAYS thought both Tupac and Biggie were crazy overrated

ATCQ and the Fugees (as a group) dont get enough recognition for the great music they've made

Regrets is Jay-Z's best song

There isnt nearly a big enough emphasis on lyrics in hip hop today, which has allowed alot of these garbage rappers to flourish.

Nirvana made some great music, but pale in the shadow of the great rock groups of those years (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against the Machine, Sublime, Foo Fighters)

Aside from mid 90's hip hop, late 90's alt rock is the music I most enjoy

Originally Posted by solarius49

Nirvana made some great music, but pale in the shadow of the great rock groups of those years (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Rage Against the Machine, Sublime, Foo Fighters)
And Pearl Jam>>>those bands minus RATM

Originally Posted by ErickM713

Bigge>Tupac
NY>Cali
^This... and I'm from Cali

Nirvana, The Ramones WAY overrated.

Metal takes more skill than Rap. Lover of both so come at me bros

Yeah I knew that. For the record Ether was wack. There was 0 sting to that record and corny jokes like "Gay-Z" and "Cockafella". Super Ugly was better. The collection of JAY-Z disses in that beef >The collection of Nas disses.

HEY!! GUYS LOOK!!!

HEY!! HEY!! LOOK AT WHAT HE SAID!!

HEY!!

i think Santigold makes the best damn music ive ever heard (slight exaggeration). Immensely underrated.  Her voice + her production = 
pimp.gif

- British Rock Bands > American Rock Bands IMO.

- I've never been able to get into M.I.A.

- I'll never be able to fully immerse myself with electronic music. Too many sub-genres and so on.

- Meek Mill needs to spit more story telling tracks. He's actually solid in that area but doesn't do it enough

- Joey Bada$$ has talent, but I rank his mixtape as good, not great. There's still work to be done on his behalf.

- Eminem is the greatest/most complete rapper ever. Freestyling, storytelling, word play, diss-songs, hooks, flow/riding the beat, lyricism.. I get if you don't like his content, but your cant deny his raw talent.
- Immortal Technique and Jedi Mind Tricks are vastly underrated.

- BIG and pac are disgustingly overrated. I think people put them in their top 10 just to avoid the backlash.

Some of these opinions got me wanting to off some of y'all
laugh.gif
Mine:

Big Sean is the most unique artist in the game rt now; son's flow is
eek.gif
and he doesnt get enough credit for it. Top 3 flows in the game right now and his delivery is unique.

Rick Ross is redundant right now bc God Forgives I Dont has all the crazy tracks. Im calling that this album will be a classic

Tyler the Creator is top 5 in the category of producer/rapper right now. Reminds me of a less cool skateboard P

Jay-Z's flow is still #1 but his BP1, RD, Black Album flows>>>> now. Dude went hard on WTT too I guess
laugh.gif

Lupe's soul has been gone since 2008, shouldve made that shining down song w/Matthew Santos his first single

MBDTF was a great album only if you understand where Ye's mind was at the time. His breakup with Amber was heavier than we think and dude was going through a transition in his life. 808s was how he coped with his mother's death, and MBDTF was how he coped with the whole Amber situation. Dude's Mind was spinning for both these albums and thats why I love them. CDO, LR, and Graduation were all normal Ye tho
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom