post your unpopular pop culture opinions VOL..JIMMIES WILL BE RUSTLED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, just like in ten years after ten years of other shows coming out and people forgetting how they felt about the show at that moment, y'all going to think Breaking Bad and such werent that good. Wire held it down, now peoe saying 'breaking bad was way better' but they binge watched the wire a week ago when no one cared...People use to love Oz just like they liked the Wore, just like Martin, just like All In the Family...just like **** Van **** just like everything...

Half of the rating/greatness of a show is the actual show, other half is the hype, always has been always will be.

I remember liking it back then, but it seems extra cheesy now. I do get laughs out of the latter episodes though. Sometimes they did try to get too serious as well, like that episode where one of Laura's friends got shot, so Laura gets a gun somebody. Just seemed so random :lol:

:lol:

I remember that episode. I liked when Eddie got washed and Urkle popped a pill.

But yea I agree I liked it back then but watching it now it's corny.

Hated Carl

'Ive never laughed' is lame. You got a little meter tracking every time you laugh? You sitting there stale faced whole episode? A) as long as something keeps your attention to finish it out, then you enjoyed it B) dudes expecting to be laughing for the entire 24 min don't get 'setting up a joke' your not necessarily suppose to always laugh, your suppose to pay enough attention to understand the later joke.

Yup. Watched the entire show like this :stoneface:

Aside from the great Richard Pryor himself, Martin was one of the most versatile comedians in the sense that you almost, ALMOST forgot that it was still him playing his alter egos.
Yeah it was outrageous but dry humor and sarcastic wit isn't for everyone. That and Fresh Prince= Godmode

Of course comedy evolves but you better believe In Living Color laid the groundwork for skit comedy. That and SNL period.

Family Matters ruled TGIF. We looked forward to Fridays. It wasnt all Urkel either. It was actually well put together for that time.

Family Matters> Full House

Sidenote: New York undercover was the **** 2.

Last edited:
'Ive never laughed' is lame. You got a little meter tracking every time you laugh? You sitting there stale faced whole episode? A) as long as something keeps your attention to finish it out, then you enjoyed it B) dudes expecting to be laughing for the entire 24 min don't get 'setting up a joke' your not necessarily suppose to always laugh, your suppose to pay enough attention to understand the later joke.
there are plenty of shows that i have never laughed at, i tried watching always sunny and after sitting like 
indifferent.gif
 through an episode and a half i gave up and now i change channels as soon as it comes on. big bang is another one that 70% of the jokes are not funny, these are sitcoms full of short jokes and simple punchlines, theres no 24 minutes just to set up a joke.

south park does a good job of spending an entire episode just to set up a single joke though 

Steve Harvey has never been funny...
That tired *** show he had was the pits
Now Jaime Foxx was funny...
Hanging with Mr.Cooper>>>>Family Matters

Good Burger was a dope movie.

Aside from the theme song, The Kenan & Kel Show was wack. They were over the top.

That's So Raven was my ****

You couldn't and still can't tell me anything bad about Dawson's Creek. That was my show :pimp: still pissed at the ending :smh:

Omar Gooding and Jason Weaver had me rollin on Smart Guy, forget y'all :lol:

New York Undercover :pimp: I still watch it on Centric when they have marathons. Fox killed that show dead with the killed Torres off, and brought in Tommy from Martin as a main character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom