post your unpopular pop culture opinions VOL..JIMMIES WILL BE RUSTLED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hometown thing but in NYC it is a thing for some NYCers to simply dislike their team and not be a fan despite loving the sport. The Knicks for example, it's almost a pride thing for them to say they never been a fan of the Knicks simply cuz that's are only bball team.

It's always either or with Yankees and Mets, Jets and Giants. Even for hockey with Rangers, Islanders, and Devils.

Always look at born and raised NYCers talking about their fans of the Lakers or Eagles/Cowboys sideways though.

I never understood people not rooting for their hometown or state team. I could understand if you grew up watching another team, but other than that it's always been strange to me.

Football and basketball are the only sports that matter to me. I tried watching baseball, that **** is just boring with no action.

Football > Basketball

Especially this year. This NBA season hasn't been good at all. Every year the NFL is great. At the college it's not even close.

Last edited:

Explaining football to someone who's never watched is a mouthful.  There's plenty to not understand, even some pro players don't know all the rules.  I.E. McNabb and Co, letting the clock run on in OT to play 2nd OT in a regular season game.

Basketball rules: dribble or pass, shoot ball into basket.  Easy.
Cool, but it's still a pain to watch which is what we're talking about.
You said nothing hard to understand about football, when in fact there are several.

I do hate watching sports with commercials EVERY 5 minutes.  **** is annoying.  At least with soccer, hockey, tennis, you dont get commercials after every break

Explaining football to someone who's never watched is a mouthful.  There's plenty to not understand, even some pro players don't know all the rules.  I.E. McNabb and Co, letting the clock run on in OT to play 2nd OT in a regular season game.

Basketball rules: dribble or pass, shoot ball into basket.  Easy.
Cool, but it's still a pain to watch which is what we're talking about.
You said nothing hard to understand about football, when in fact there are several.

I do hate watching sports with commercials EVERY 5 minutes.  **** is annoying.  At least with soccer, hockey, tennis, you dont get commercials after every break
watching the same commercials over and over again is more entertaining than soccer and hockey imo

Hometown thing but in NYC it is a thing for some NYCers to simply dislike their team and not be a fan despite loving the sport. The Knicks for example, it's almost a pride thing for them to say they never been a fan of the Knicks simply cuz that's are only bball team.

It's always either or with Yankees and Mets, Jets and Giants. Even for hockey with Rangers, Islanders, and Devils.

Always look at born and raised NYCers talking about their fans of the Lakers or Eagles/Cowboys sideways though.

Double post.

Last edited:
Football and basketball are the only sports that matter to me. I tried watching baseball, that **** is just boring with no action.

Football > Basketball

Especially this year. This NBA season hasn't been good at all. Every year the NFL is great. At the college it's not even close.

NBA game with terrible teams>>>>> NFL game with terrible teams

Football > Basketball

this is not true, i would rather watch paint dry than watch a raptors game let alone one of the east bottom feeders play 

Yeah somebody said to the casual fan tho. A casual fan cares nothing about any of that, they just want to watch what's going down.

Football > Basketball

this is not true, i would rather watch paint dry than watch a raptors game let alone one of the east bottom feeders play 

No where near true :lol: the average Raiders vs Browns game will still provide excitement. There's no way I would want to be stuck with a Bobcats vs Bucks game

Last edited:

Football > Basketball

Nah. A bad NBA team puts in zero effort. A bad football team still puts in some effort, football is not a sport where you can BS. It's too physical.

I hate cowboys fans that were born and raised in the DMV talkin bout some " i got family in Dallas and visit all the time" or that they from Dallas originally. **** nigro we went to elementary school together.

Them cats that go against the home team just to troll. SMH

The last time I had subway, I had some chicken breast and it tasted like edible plastic.

Only place I go to for my sandwiches is Orleans & York.

Repped.

Subway is disgusting. :x

Submarina though... :nthat:

Skinny women are not attractive. Thick and athletic though... :evil:

Last edited:
I don't think it matters why you start rooting for a team as long as you're consistent.

LeBron as a kid liked the Yankees and Cowboys bc they were good but he's still repping Cowboys even though they haven't done anything of note since the mid 90s

I know one dude a Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees, Man United, Duke, Spain, Nadal, whatever womens NCAA team that went undefeated forever fan.  Dude is from the DMV.  His explanation is that he has family in LA and NY, but i'm pretty sure he likes those said teams/players because of the bandwagon 

Subways Chipotle Southwest Sauce>>>>>>>>>

They need to put that **** on shelves!

Subway is trash. Something's wrong when no matter if you order steak, chicken, turkey, or meatballs it all tastes the same

Although I really like Subway, all their subs do taste the same now that I think about it (except for the big pastami sub, by far the best Subway sandwich on their menu). but the southwest Chipotle sauce is the truth though and the creamy sriracha is banging as well.

I know one dude a Lakers, Cowboys, Yankees, Man United, Duke, Spain, Nadal, whatever womens NCAA team that went undefeated forever fan.  Dude is from the DMV.  His explanation is that he has family in LA and NY, but i'm pretty sure he likes those said teams/players because of the bandwagon 

:x and on top of that, he gotta be from here. Smh
Im a colts fan since 01. No one in my fam watched football. A lot of playoff heartache but you gotta stick to your guns. Plus I support the skins as long as they not playing the colts.

I gotta a homie thats stuck with the rams since the greatest show on turf days :lol: but respect tho.

I don't think it matters why you start rooting for a team as long as you're consistent.

This. I grew up watching old clips of Magic Johnson so I became a Lakers fan. Watching old clips of LT knocking the hell outta QB's made me a Giants fan.

Last edited:

LeBron as a kid liked the Yankees and Cowboys bc they were good but he's still repping Cowboys even though they haven't done anything of note since the mid 90s
Agreed with the first part. Grew up liking the Broncos for whatever reason and was a big Mark McGwire fan/had family in St. Louis so I was a Cardinals fan. Fast forward a few years and I started watching basketball and since I'm from the DMV I was a Wizards fan and then the Nationals came to town.

As for the second part, Lebron's about as loyal a fan as he is an NBA player. People still rep the Cowboys and Yankees that have no ties to them just for the sake of them being a popular team and can always point back to their championships. Lebron was also a Bulls fan in the 90s, dude literally picked the best team from each sport. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom