post your unpopular pop culture opinions VOL..JIMMIES WILL BE RUSTLED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its an expensive habit but wiz & currensy got these dudes spending extra trying to fit in for some girl scout cookies etc when you can just go to the hood & get some kush, sour, haze, & reggie = mid, i hate when ppl say mid is an upgrade from reggie just to up the value :smh:

Thank you. I've been feeling this way for years now.

I don't care if a ***** is getting paid. If he sucks then he sucks.
Stop it. Now.
Name 5-10 rappers right now making good music. Who's names aren't Jay-Z, Eminem, Kanye West (he ain't even making god music anymore.), and haven't come from the 90's/early 2000's...

This whole "being lyrical isn't everything excuse is a cop out to let these subpar ****** come in a release this trash. Yeah lyrical technicality ain't everything, but LYRICS and the message/story behind them are.

And there are less than a handful of new ****** who are doing it on a decent level anymore.

****** making songs about the same **** on every album. Drakes whole damn catalogue is about how he wants to save ******g strippers and how he eats with italians. But this is who ****** are looking to for good music? This is the standard? Cause this dude can make catchy hooks and can hold a note?

**** that ****.

There's more to hip hop than being able to rhyme. And thats all most of these new ****** can do.

Jesus Christ.

Yes... I was rustled.

I got my cool back now though.

Last edited:
Just curious...

How do y'all who grew up on late 80s/early 90s rap define a rap artist?

I'm very interested in generational gaps.

Just curious...

How do y'all who grew up on late 80s/early 90s rap define a rap artist?

I'm very interested in generational gaps.
what i look for in a good rapper is the ability to excite me with his/her usage of the english language

whether by telling a story while staying within the flow of the beet or by coming with original new ways to rhyme 

lyrics >>>> production 

hate when these new school rappers come up with a half witty line and repeat it 67 times through out the song by making it a one line hook 

See, almost all of that that you posted was just ehhh at best to me :\
I don't think you've actually listened to enough 90s rap to even form that opinion. I think you should simply say you don't like the 90s rap you've heard and stop there.

It definitely does cover emotions and other aspects of life that we experience. You'd just have to really dig in the crates and listen to a lot of rappers and groups from 1990 to 99. So I'd say that was a gross generalization.

Last edited:
I don't think you've actually listened to enough 90s rap to even form that opinion.

1) This is just flat out wrong. I've probably listened to as much if not more 90's rap than most and own probably more LP's of 90's rap than most can/could account for. I still have a crate full of cassette tapes of 90's rap that I used to collect. S/O Slauson Swapmeet.

2) Do you know how many rap records came out in the 90's? As with any genre in any time period, It would be impossible to listen to everything, therefore a generalization on the genre would have to be made if one were to try and draw a conclusion about said genre.

I don't think you've actually listened to enough 90s rap to even form that opinion.

1) This is just flat out wrong. I've probably listened to as much if not more 90's rap than most and own probably more LP's of 90's rap than most can/could account for. I still have a crate full of cassette tapes of 90's rap that I used to collect. S/O Slauson Swapmeet.

2) Do you know how many rap records came out in the 90's? As with any genre in any time period, It would be impossible to listen to everything, therefore a generalization on the genre would have to be made if one were to try and draw a conclusion about said genre.
I'm not saying listen to everything or for you to take on the task. I'm saying because you haven't listened to everything let alone enough you can't make such a gross generalization to support your opinion about why you dislike 90s rap music. It's false and misleading. Also you're not drawing a conclusion of the genre, just a period in time of the genre. It's one thing to say Rock sucked in the 90s but it's a whole other unreasonable thing to say it sucked because it lacked the depth and reach to cover different emotions and aspects of life we all experience.

You can go ahead and belief 90s rap doesn't cover those aspects of life but it doesn't make it true.

I'm a bit lost on you collecting 90s rap music and now saying it just sounds bad to you but maybe that turn of the century rap really changed your opinion, at least sonically (**** maybe your speakers were busted?), especially the part about it being more versatile from a writing perspective. Wise Intelligent is rolling over in his bed.

Last edited:

Unlikely.

I'm not really sure about that, cause during Lil John's run, he was only a fraction of a lot of variety in the radio. Today's mainstream radio is basically a monopoly. Everybody seems like they're under the same label, using the same producers and recycling the same songs and beats over and over.

Agreed.I can't tell the difference from one song to the next.

Last one...(Rap/Hip/hop post 2000 until 2009)
The 90s rappers showed up post 2000 too. :D

90s>

1. Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt.II - Raekwon
2. The Ecstatic - Mos Def
3. The Blueprint 3 - Jay Z
4. Man on the Moon: The End of Day - Kid Cudi
5. Boy Meets World - Fashawn
6. Born Like This - DOOM
7. Never Better - P.O.S.
8. Strange Journey - CunninLynguists
9. Chamber Music - Wu-Tang Clan
10. Jay Stay Paid - J Dilla
2008 2008
1. Tha Carter III - Lil Wayne
2. Tronic - Black Milk
3. Late Night Cinema - Blue Sky Black Death
4. The Renaissance - Q-Tip
5. I Pledge Allegiance to the Grind Pt II - Killer Mike
6. Paper Trail - T.I.
7. Rising Down - The Roots
8. Untitled - Nas
9. When life gives you lemons... - Atmosphere
10. Madvilliany Pt 2 - Madvillian
2007 2007
1. Graduation - Kanye West
2. Kala - M.I.A.
3. Desire - Pharoahe Monch
4. Dirty Acres - CunninLynguists
5. American Gangster - Jay-Z
6. 8 Diagrams - Wu-Tang Clan
7. The Big Doe Rehab - Ghostface Killah
8. The Scenic Route - Panacea
9. The Offering - Killah Priest
10. Ear Drum - Talib Kweli
2006 2006
1. Fishscale - Ghostface Killah
2. Game Theory - The Roots
3. Hell Hath No Fury - Clipse
4. Food & Liquor - Lupe Fiasco
5. Hip Hop Is Dead - Nas
6. Donuts - Jay Dee
7. A Piece of Strange - CunninLynguist
8. Servants in Heaven, Kings in Hell - Jedi Mind Tricks
9. YoYoYoYoYo - Spank Rock
10. A Heap of Broken Images - Blue Sky Black Death
2005 2005
1. Late Registration - Kanye West
2. Be - Common
3. S.O.N.O.G.R.A.M. - One Be Lo
4. The Mouse and the Mask - DANGERDOOM
5. A Healthy Distrust - Sage Francis
6. A.W.O.L. - AZ
7. The Minstrel Show - Little Brother
8. True & Livin - Zion I
9. Reloaded - Smif-N-Wessun
10. The Documentary - The Game
2004 2004
1. Madvillainy - Madvillain
2. The College Dropout - Kanye West
3. No Said Date - Masta Killa
4. MM.. Food - MF Doom
5. The Pretty Toney Album - Ghostface Killah
6. A Long Hot Summer - Masta Ace
7. Connected - The Foreign Exchange
8. Legacy of Blood - Jedi Mind Tricks
9. The Grey Album - Danger Mouse
10. Street's Disciple - Nas
2003 2003
1. Speakerboxxx / The Love Below - OutKast
2. The Black Album - Jay-Z
3. Get Rich or Die Tryin' - 50 Cent
4. Rip the Jacker - Canibus
5. Southernunderground - CunninLynguists
6. Revolutionary Vol. 2 - Immortal Technique
7. Shadows on the Sun - Brother Ali
8. The Ownerz - Gang Starr
9. Boy in da Corner - Dizzee Rascal
10. Birth of a Prince - RZA
2002 2002
1. Phrenology - The Roots
2. God's Son - Nas
3. The Eminem Show - Eminem
4. Legend of the Liquid Sword - Genius / GZA
5. Blazing Arrow - Blackalicious
6. Quality - Talib Kweli
7. The Lost Tapes - Nas
8. The Fix - Scarface
9. Personal Journals - Sage Francis
10. Power in Numbers - Jurassic 5
2001 2001
1. Stillmatic - Nas
2. The Blueprint - Jay-Z
3. The Realness - Cormega
4. Disposable Arts - Masta Ace
5. Iron Flag - Wu-Tang Clan
6. Will Rap for Food - CunninLynguists
7. The Best Part - J-Live
8. Expansion Team - Dilated Peoples
9. Revolutionary Vol. 1 - Immortal Technique
10. Bulletproof Wallets - Ghostface Killah
2000 2000
1. Stankonia - OutKast
2. Supreme Clientele - Ghostface Killah
3. Masters of the Universe - Binary Star
4. Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030
5. Violent By Design - Jedi Mind Tricks
6. The Marshall Mathers LP - Eminem
7. Quality Control - Jurassic 5
8. Train of Thought - Reflection Eternal
9. Like Water for Chocolate - Common
10. Let's Get Free - Dead Prez

This website (besides the things it does right with charity) is mostly just filled with superficial idiots who idolize a Nike sign. Spending hundreds of dollars on shoes over and over again to be gaudy and show off in public. When in reality, 99.3% of the public could care less about what you wear feet.

While kids from Indoensia make your shoes for cents everyday and Nike exploits your intelligence by charging you 200$ for a shoe; apparently it's wrong or taboo to discuss fake shoes in here, you'll get banned. Why should you get banned? At least you're directly putting money into the pockets of the less fortunate. Rather than filling the pockets of those geezers in Oregon who won't supply jobs to our Americans, but sure as hell have no issue taking advantage of your feeble little minds.

Thus shoe culture is a joke, and if you're over 20 years old and still involved in this - please don't have children. Spare the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom