POST YOUR UNPOPULAR SNEAKER OPINIONS

When the hell did those come out?
eek.gif
The ultimate sleepers.

Earlier this year or late last year I forget. Jordan I '97 Retro. They're like a 1 fused with 13's, but in the perfect subtle way.

I copped my second pair last month because I made the first pair beaters. They're one of the most comfy pairs of J's I've worn. They straight feel like puffy tongue SB highs. Easily in my top 3 non-OG cw.
The description 
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

XX's > all these retros people are paying 300+ for
The AF1 is timeless, anyone who disagrees is just trying to rustle jimmies
the b'2rue's are one of the best jordans and nobody has heard of them

The 22's are the most comfortable thing to ball in.
The 11's are ugly as hell. Maybe it's because all I see is kids wearing em with very tight skinny jeans round here :lol:

the 11's are :smokin I think you guys are just saying this because of the hype and things people do over this shoe

Foamposite pro > foamposite one

AJ13 = AJ11

Besides the 18s and 19s everything after the AJ14s are trash.

Columbias are WACK. So are concords.

DB 9s are the 2nd best AJ DBs after the DB 3s.

Besides the 4s KDs line is complete trash.

SBs haven't fallen off. They're just not super hyped anymore.

Royal blue foams > any pair of Jordans

Royal foams are the only true Air Foamposite One. Anything else is a Pro without the swoosh.

Black cement IIIs = greatest Jordan ever. They go with everything.

Some shoes look better with a bit of wear.

The Penny 3s are wack.

Royal foams are the only true Air Foamposite One. Anything else is a Pro without the swoosh.

The Penny 3s are wack.
All this. I actually copped the OG Penny 3's, tried them on at home, and took them back to the store in 30 min time 
mean.gif

Last edited:
First off, no shoe is worth devoting more than an uninterrupted hour of effort for. ****** be standing in line for 24 for the CHANCE to subtract 200+ from their pockets.​
 ​
The D. Rose 2.0's are the only dope Rose shoe. It's a shame he's so injury ridden right as Ye comes to Adidas because I think Ye could cook him up some nice designs.​
 ​
KD's were pretty ugly before the 4's . . . I would have messed with those Pewter KD3's and *football team with a semi-racist name* KD3's if they ever came out.​
 ​
Lebrons were hit or miss depending on the color before the 7's. The only undeniable flamers in any color before the 7-11's (9's were kind of wack if it was a basic color, CW's saved that shoe) were the 4's.​
 ​
Jordans don't impress me anymore, but that's more to the over saturation rather than the shoes themselves. Regret selling my Bordeaux's everyday though.​
 ​
Foams should have stuck to basic colors.​
 ​
The Kobe line has relied on the same silhouette ever since the Kobe IV. Colorways saved the Kobe line. The 6's are a classic though. So fire. 8's go hard too.​
 ​
I want a pair of AJ XX8's . . . are they starting to go down in price yet? Were those popular enough to where they were selling out in the bright CW's?​
 ​
I gotta start keeping up with shoes again . . .​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Last edited:
The "Sneaker Bubble" will pop and the "shoe game" will lead to the same path as baseball cards, comics, and stamps.

I can't wait for this to happen man :smh:
Like, I've been hoping for it damn near every day for the last year.

First off, no shoe is worth devoting more than an uninterrupted hour of effort for. ****** be standing in line for 24 for the CHANCE to subtract 200+ from their pockets.​

Foams should have stuck to basic colors.​

I want a pair of AJ XX8's . . . are they starting to go down in price yet? Were those popular enough to where they were selling out in the bright CW's?​

All of this. A few colorways went down in price (check this month and last month's Outlet thread), but the fact that I passed up getting the Black/Volt joints for $175 pains me inside.

The Penny 3s are wack.

All of this. All of it.

low top brons > high top

BC3s > low top 11s > Carmines > every other Jordan shoe.

@Meek Meals
IMO Lebron 7's, Kobe 6's, and KD 4's were the best of those lines.

But I don't think it's that unpopular of an opinion.
I agree, except replacing the Lebron 7's with the Lebron 8's

Kobe 6's and Lebron 8's . . . 2010-11 Nike Basketball wave . . .
nthat.gif
. . . I remember the Solar Reds and Sprites were SITTING online . . . and I ain't bite
mean.gif
Afraid to look at prices now

Nike VC 2 is a top ten Nike Basketball shoe of all time.

The Lebron line has classics

Kobe V is wack

I remember the Solar Reds and Sprites were SITTING online . . . and I ain't bite :smh: Afraid to look at prices now

mcnulty-kicks-desk-o.gif

Wasn't even like I slept either my __... I just kept putting ordering them off :smh:

Next thing you know, my 10.5 and the next best thing (size 11) were ghost one day. Resale prices are :x on both of them. :smh:

Last edited:
The AJ1 is the most overrated shoe ever. There are so many misconceptions about this shoe its a joke.

Thanks to Scoop Jacksons misinformation a lot of people think the AJ1 was the first show to retail @ $100 in 1985.... they werent. The AJ1s MSRP around $80 in 1985 but most stores sold them for $60 or less because nobody was paying that kind of money for a ROOKIES shoe... especially some Nikes which were seen as very boring at the time. People see the legacy of Jordan today and somehow assume it was like that since the start.

Secondly... the AJ1 was nothing more than a one-off model Dunk. It wasnt even intended to be MJs shoe, but the deciding factor that pulled MJ over to the Nike side was the fact that nike waas the only brand willing to give him his "own" shoe. I put own in quotes because they werent a shoe designed for MJ... they were a shoe that had already been designed. At the time Nike signed MJ they did not have the time to design, weartest and manufacture a new shoe... so instead they used a pre-existing shoe they were going to release in 1985 and replaced the logo on the ankle with the Jordan Wings Logo.

The shoe used was the Nike Air-Hoya, a simplified version of the Dunk. In the mid 80s Nike had a special relationship with Georgetown and would usually give them sneakers that were similar but slightly different than the rest of the Nike sponsored NCAA teams. The shoe slated for 1985 was the Air-Hoya, a very cheap and simple looking blue and grey sneaker taking many design queues from the Dunk. After the contract was finalized Nike figured the easiest and most cost effective way to appease MJ and release his own shoe was to use the pre-existing molds for HOYA and simply swap the logo on the ankle. Nike did this and the Air-Jordan was born.

Even though the AJ1 had an "Air" designation and the Dunk didnt I still feel likethe AJ1 is a less premium shoe and made considerably cheaper than the Dunk. I say this because the sole and midsole on the AJ1 have less detail than the Dunk and the tongue of the AJ1 is much cheaper looking and less durable due to the lace stabilizer being cut directly into the tongue instead of stitched on. In the old NikePark days there was also a considerable amount of debate as to whether the AJ1s even had Air-Sole units in them at all.

Back
Top Bottom