Pretty interesting ESPN article about touching the top of the backboard...

that 7'7 dude from UNC asheville can do it
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by B1LLY HOYLE

When KG arrived in Minnesota for a pre-draft workout...it was said that he did it too...on request.

laugh.gif

Evidence?

NEVER that of course.

This is true... Well, I heard the different version..

He was asked why he's good enough for NBA. He answered: because he can touch to top of the board.

Then when asked for evidence, he showed it...

Not even close. Yao Ming doesn't evne have average length arms for his height, Tayshaun Prince has a longer wingspan and obviously Yao doesn't have a40 inch vertical.

As of right now, James White and Doug Smith can, or can officially come the closest. Don't tell me anyone else without some sort of video or pictures orsomething

James White nearly touches top of glass 13ft
Uploaded by bigdawgdl

Originally Posted by sw33nskill

Im surprised that no one said AUT or mr 720 or whatever his name is now...

Because isn't Air Up There only like 6' or something. But damn, James White got real close in that vid up there

According to DraftExpress, Eddie House has a 38.5" very
eek.gif

I didn't know son could get up that high.. that however was 8 years ago!

Anways, I think James White can do it! Or has his vert decreased over the years? Surely some Olympic Long Jump/High Jump athlete can get 13'

Edit: Kenny Gregory had a 45.5" vert
eek.gif

Ya'll wanna see some pretty good hopping abilities check out Stefan Holm doing some Hurdle Training for the High Jump.

High Jumper's can just about out hop anyone on the planet.
Look for images of Javier Sotomayor or Valeray Brumel

brumel.jpg

eek.gif

Volleyball players have freakish verts too.

Remember that kid who played for Miami? Guillermo Diaz? He was from PR...a volleyball player who basically got forced into playing basketball by his HS becausehe could jump so high.

He's only 6'3" and of course there's no video evidence, but people said he snatched a dollar off the backboard.

There had been rumors of a "busted nut" (is that part of the knee or something?) that took place an hour before the jump, slowing James down, so amonth later we tried again, this time after practice with the Spurs in San Antonio.

laugh.gif

Kobe can't touch the top of no regulation backboard, maybe one of those awkwardly shaped rounded trapezoidal ones that be on the small courts in gyms, thecourts that run perpendicular to the big court, but he's not touching 13ft

Great, great post. Enjoyed reading that old sports illustrated article. I was a big fan of Sam Perkins game.

<>

i think dwight could do it, if he got 12'6 worry about placing the sticker and completing a dunk.

i bet he can go 6" with no other obligations.

Back
Top Bottom