Promise rings YAY or NAY

Originally Posted by dreClark

Tell here you promise to put a ring around her eye if she every suggests some stupid *#@% like this again.

laugh.gif

But no to a promise ring. Sit down and talk about your plans and your future, a promise ring doesn't mean much. The relationship is still youngrelatively speaking.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

I've been with my girl for over 5 years and would really have to re-evaluate my relationship if my girlfriend asked for a ring to show that I'm committed to her. If she already knows that he loves her and makes her happy why does she need something material to show for it? My girlfriend knows how I feel about her, where our relationship is, and where it's going and she's NEVER asked for me to do something to prove it. Like I said, that shows either shes, a) insecure or b)materialistic. What does it really say about your girlfriend and your relationship if you have to buy her something just to make her happy and shut her up? I'm sorry but that's not the kind of girl I'd want to be with. You have a horrible mentality when it comes to relationships. If he was to worry about the "demise" of his relationship because he doesn't buy her jewelery to show he's committed then he needs really think about what kind of relationship he's in.
We all gonna have different views on this subject. That's fine.

Mines is that the majority of women are indeed materialistic, insecure, and that after all the debating/communicatingyou can go through, they're still the most hard headed creatures of emotion that will find a way to get what they want one way or another. Especially ifyou've been with her for a good portion of a decade. Almost all of them get that way after a while, no matter how 'perfect' and'understanding' you may think she is.

If you found one that is totally eye to eye with you on your views then I can't do anything but congratulate you. Don't we all wish we could findsomeone like that? But I'm never gonna believe that any woman will remain that 'understanding' & 'communicative' forever.

She will change.

And I have a realistic mentality when it comes to people and relationships, not a horrible one.

CasperJr wrote:
do you realize the mean reason for dating? its not to get the booty its to find somebody to spend the rest of your life with..........is it my fault i just happen to find that person when i was young

Wrong. the whole "dating" process is actually to help you learn more about yourself and your likes and dislikes, so that when you areready to take that step into marriage, you know YOURSELF well enough to know its the right move with a particular type of person. Without this, by the time yourealize you have a different view of what you actually like, which WILL happen, it will be too late b/c you probably will be married or she'll be knockedup.

Like I said, if you feel she is truly your soulmate, you would have no problems marrying her. You wouldn't question getting her this "promisering". This whole topic wouldn't even have been an issue b/c "soulmates" have a certain type of understanding between them and within theirrelationships that you don't seem to be displaying here.

Trust me. the two of you WILL be different people when you're 25+. Its a part of life. we evolve, we change. and if you missed out on that initial processand testing out (not necessarily the booty), but just having relationship experiences with different people, you will be left at a disadvantage. B/C when theADULT relationship problems come about with this girl, you will not have a history of relationship management to work from. Because she is all you know.

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

I've been with my girl for over 5 years and would really have to re-evaluate my relationship if my girlfriend asked for a ring to show that I'm committed to her. If she already knows that he loves her and makes her happy why does she need something material to show for it? My girlfriend knows how I feel about her, where our relationship is, and where it's going and she's NEVER asked for me to do something to prove it. Like I said, that shows either shes, a) insecure or b)materialistic. What does it really say about your girlfriend and your relationship if you have to buy her something just to make her happy and shut her up? I'm sorry but that's not the kind of girl I'd want to be with. You have a horrible mentality when it comes to relationships. If he was to worry about the "demise" of his relationship because he doesn't buy her jewelery to show he's committed then he needs really think about what kind of relationship he's in.
i dont know if you got lost some were down the line or you just assuming both are bad she doesnt need thering she wants wat the ring will mean(engagement/marriage)

Wrong. the whole "dating" process is actually to help you learn more about yourself and your likes and dislikes, so that when you are ready to take that step into marriage, you know YOURSELF well enough to know its the right move with a particular type of person. Without this, by the time you realize you have a different view of what you actually like, which WILL happen, it will be too late b/c you probably will be married or she'll be knocked up.

Like I said, if you feel she is truly your soulmate, you would have no problems marrying her. You wouldn't question getting her this "promise ring". This whole topic wouldn't even have been an issue b/c "soulmates" have a certain type of understanding between them and within their relationships that you don't seem to be displaying here.

Trust me. the two of you WILL be different people when you're 25+. Its a part of life. we evolve, we change. and if you missed out on that initial process and testing out (not necessarily the booty), but just having relationship experiences with different people, you will be left at a disadvantage. B/C when the ADULT relationship problems come about with this girl, you will not have a history of relationship management to work from. Because she is all you know.
wrong if you need to date to find out more about yourself then you are a lost soul that needs alot more then dating to find yourself. i knew at avery young age wat i was looking for in a woman and i found it while everybody else was running around chasing booty im srry that you didnt and have to datearound to see wat you like and dont like.

when did i ever say i had a problem with marrying her?.............i didnt i said its to soon to marry and im not questioning if i should get her a promisering i was asking for yall opinion on promise rings have you been reading wat ive been sayin?

once again this topic has been made to see you guys opinion on promise rings not if i should get her one or not

did you even think about wat you typed at wat point does one face adult problems.............im going to assume you will say 25+ if thats the case it doesntmatter if ive been with 1 girl or 1million up until that point
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
cuz we wasnt going thru adult problems yet

at the end of the day when we run into them adult problems that you speak of we will face them the same way we face the others together

go play Dr. phil with someone else

CasperJr wrote:

wrong if you need to date to find out more about yourself then you are a lost soul that needs alot more then dating to find yourself. i knew at a very young age wat i was looking for in a woman and i found it while everybody else was running around chasing booty im srry that you didnt and have to date around to see wat you like and dont like.

when did i ever say i had a problem with marrying her?.............i didnt i said its to soon to marry and im not questioning if i should get her a promise ring i was asking for yall opinion on promise rings have you been reading wat ive been sayin?

once again this topic has been made to see you guys opinion on promise rings not if i should get her one or not

did you even think about wat you typed at wat point does one face adult problems.............im going to assume you will say 25+ if thats the case it doesnt matter if ive been with 1 girl or 1million up until that point
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
cuz we wasnt going thru adult problems yet

at the end of the day when we run into them adult problems that you speak of we will face them the same way we face the others together

go play Dr. phil with someone else

i didn't say u need to date to find out about yourself as a person. You need to find out your likes and dislikes when it comes torelationships in general.

I'm not going to get into the "Dr. Phil" psychology of what it is that I am telling b/c you obviously will not be able to comprehend it yet.Obviously due to the fact that you started a thread regarding your apprehension towards getting her a "promise ring", yet you want to separate thatfrom the issue of marriage, which is what a "promise ring" is directly related to. (by your own words)

Regarding these "adult situations" you will face together. If you are still together, Good luck with that because any "Adult" would tell you they wouldn't waste their time on no childish nonsense like "promise rings"

Just pick her up something from the gumball machine and call it a day.

Originally Posted by eight2one

damn how did you make thru those years??? Most couples that age dont last
G i couldnt even tell you we was talkin about this a few months ago and it dont even seem like its been that long

Originally Posted by CasperJr

Originally Posted by eight2one

damn how did you make thru those years??? Most couples that age dont last
G i couldnt even tell you we was talkin about this a few months ago and it dont even seem like its been that long
laugh.gif
Time flies doesn't it. Six years makes myrelationship seem like no time (2.5 years)

Go with the necklace. Its not a ring but you could also deliver the message of "one day I will marry you, just give me time to make things right".

Edit: It sure is some "tight" people in here
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CasperJr

but let me clear this up she wants a engagement ring im not ready for that so i was goin to get her a promise ring

this is key. she wants an engagement ring and you gonna give her a promise ring
laugh.gif
i dont think that will work out all too well.

i don't understand promise rings. nothing is promised. anything could happen.

i remember my dude getting his girl a promise ring and got caught in the moment when she was like "
eek.gif
" and started crying and this dude got on his knee's and proposed. then acouple days later said he made the biggest mistake of his life and deaded her a month later

Back
Top Bottom