Protective Eyewear for basketball vol scratched cornea

Well it only takes once for me to learn my lesson. I suffered a scratched cornea from some hyper-active kid who thought he could steal the ball from me in a pick-up game. Spent a few hours in severe pain in the ER followed by almost 48 hours of not being able to open that eye despite the pain killers.

Does anyone wear or can recommend me quality eyewear for basketball, please? Preferably with prescription lenses. I have a weak astigmatism and while it hasn't bothered me unless I'm reading, it could help shooting better I suppose.

Originally Posted by infamousod

Well it only takes once for me to learn my lesson. I suffered a scratched cornea from some hyper-active kid who thought he could steal the ball from me in a pick-up game. Spent a few hours in severe pain in the ER followed by almost 48 hours of not being able to open that eye despite the pain killers.

Does anyone wear or can recommend me quality eyewear for basketball, please? Preferably with prescription lenses. I have a weak astigmatism and while it hasn't bothered me unless I'm reading, it could help shooting better I suppose.

anything prescription go through your eye doctor. They can get you some thing that doesnt look like rec specs. some thing along the lines that amare wears

i've had two corneal abrasions already but i haven't resorted to wearing protective glasses. anyway, you can wear Oakley M-Frames but those are pretty costly especially if you will require prescription. Recspecs would be a cheaper alternative buy they don't look as nice as the Oakleys.

Back
Top Bottom