PS3 No Sound from HDMI last 2 months HELP PLEASE!

So I have a Samsung hdtv thats been working fine with my ps3 for the last couple of years.
I recently connected my macbook to my tv's 2nd HDMI port by using an Appleport-->DVI adaptor and a DVI-->HDMI adaptor.
When i watch a movie on my computer using the tv, sound only comes from the laptop speakers. I was told thats because of the compression or something due to the DVI adaptor.
But now my PS3 also has no sound on my tv going on 2 months now (works fine on living room tv). I was told to try to only have one HDMI port plugged in at a time to see if it worked but still nothing. Has this happened to anyone?? Any ideas folks?

So I have a Samsung hdtv thats been working fine with my ps3 for the last couple of years.
I recently connected my macbook to my tv's 2nd HDMI port by using an Appleport-->DVI adaptor and a DVI-->HDMI adaptor.
When i watch a movie on my computer using the tv, sound only comes from the laptop speakers. I was told thats because of the compression or something due to the DVI adaptor.
But now my PS3 also has no sound on my tv going on 2 months now (works fine on living room tv). I was told to try to only have one HDMI port plugged in at a time to see if it worked but still nothing. Has this happened to anyone?? Any ideas folks?

That's really weird... have you tried switching the ports?
Could be an issue with your TV. Maybe Google the model number, see if anyone has had similar issues.

That's really weird... have you tried switching the ports?
Could be an issue with your TV. Maybe Google the model number, see if anyone has had similar issues.

Check the settings on the TV and ps3...maybe something automatically crossed over when you connected your laptop

Check the settings on the TV and ps3...maybe something automatically crossed over when you connected your laptop

I has this same problem last year with my HDMI. It's something you need to do in your settings.

Took me and my pops like a week
roll.gif

I has this same problem last year with my HDMI. It's something you need to do in your settings.

Took me and my pops like a week
roll.gif

you'll need to reset your hdmi ports, mine was as easy as turning the television off and unplugging it for an hour or so (the 30 seconds they suggest is never enough) then holding the power button for 10 seconds, and finally going to settings and selecting "restore factory default settings"

give me your tv model number, maybe i can find out how to reset yours.

you'll need to reset your hdmi ports, mine was as easy as turning the television off and unplugging it for an hour or so (the 30 seconds they suggest is never enough) then holding the power button for 10 seconds, and finally going to settings and selecting "restore factory default settings"

give me your tv model number, maybe i can find out how to reset yours.

I am not familiar with Appleport, but as far as I know, DVI does not transmit sound. Therefore, even though you are converting to an HDMI input, the sound cannot be converted. You have to find a seperate way to run sound from your laptop to your TV.

I had a similar but different situation when I first bought my PS3 at launch. At that time I had an old HDTV that did not have HDMI inputs. I had to run a DVI to HDMI cable to run the picture and run a seperate optical toslink cable from PS3 to TV. It was a pain.

I am not familiar with Appleport, but as far as I know, DVI does not transmit sound. Therefore, even though you are converting to an HDMI input, the sound cannot be converted. You have to find a seperate way to run sound from your laptop to your TV.

I had a similar but different situation when I first bought my PS3 at launch. At that time I had an old HDTV that did not have HDMI inputs. I had to run a DVI to HDMI cable to run the picture and run a seperate optical toslink cable from PS3 to TV. It was a pain.

i had the same problem, after checking the settings and everything, it was the hdmi cable, had to replace it and everything worked fine

i had the same problem, after checking the settings and everything, it was the hdmi cable, had to replace it and everything worked fine

Originally Posted by knuckles2k5

Same.  It happened to me as well. Good thing I have a stock of HDMI cables from monprice. 

Originally Posted by knuckles2k5

Same.  It happened to me as well. Good thing I have a stock of HDMI cables from monprice. 

Thanks guys. I'll keep at it. As far as I know it is a problem with my television, NOT the cables since my PS3 works on the HDTV in my living room.

damnitsme: I am at work at the moment but I will look into how to reset my TV, this might be the solution I'm looking for. I'll also send you the info as soon as I get it... maybe you'll find something I missed.

Thanks guys. I'll keep at it. As far as I know it is a problem with my television, NOT the cables since my PS3 works on the HDTV in my living room.

damnitsme: I am at work at the moment but I will look into how to reset my TV, this might be the solution I'm looking for. I'll also send you the info as soon as I get it... maybe you'll find something I missed.

Back
Top Bottom