PS3|VITA Thread: Vita $249 | PS3 BF3 Tonight PG727 | Black Ops 3rd Map Pack PG726 | Dust514 PG723

so microsoft knows people "mod" xbox 360s and they get "Free" games and whatever but have blocked them from playing online

sony gets "jailbroken" for essentially the same reason people getting "free" games....couldnt they have just blocked these people from playing online

why care about it? when microsoft still has hardcore fans who purchase games by the millions and sony does too...its the poor ones who do all this free game stuff

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

RKO2004 wrote:
Yo man these hackers are lame as hell. Why would you punish people trying to play their games online? Why would they even mess around like that with so much valuable information at risk? Morons.

It's not that they wanted PSN users to suffer... They did it to prove a point to Sony for going at the kid that hacked the PS3. They felt like Sony was wrong for it, so they attacked. Sony pulled the plug on PSN and their music service as a responsible security precaution. The hackers didnt pull the plug on PSN. It was a necessary precaution.
The hackers essentially punishing people who want to play games though. Little man shouldn't have been spouting off for E-Praise. Not saying Sony should have went all out but in a way, I'd be pissed if someone was trying to exploit my business for props. 

My point is, it wasnt the hackers direct intent to shut down the PSN. I heard something about Microsoft unblocking a lot of blacklisted Xbox's from Live. Any truth to that? If it's true, that lets you know what kind of threat these kids are.

RKO2004 wrote:
Yo man these hackers are lame as hell. Why would you punish people trying to play their games online? Why would they even mess around like that with so much valuable information at risk? Morons.

It's not that they wanted PSN users to suffer... They did it to prove a point to Sony for going at the kid that hacked the PS3. They felt like Sony was wrong for it, so they attacked. Sony pulled the plug on PSN and their music service as a responsible security precaution. The hackers didnt pull the plug on PSN. It was a necessary precaution.
The hackers essentially punishing people who want to play games though. Little man shouldn't have been spouting off for E-Praise. Not saying Sony should have went all out but in a way, I'd be pissed if someone was trying to exploit my business for props. 

do you not realise how business works? if Sony offer a service which isno longer available (due to whatever means). The customers who wantedto use that service will look for alternatives. Thus in the long run itdoes hurt Sony, just sucks it has to happen by pissing off the innocentusers. but the target is Sony.

Sony deserve all the **** they get in my opinion, and of course thiswon't take down Sony as a company (not sure why anybody would think itcould). It will possibly harm their Playstation division for years tocome however.

In other words: get an xbox

this is lame as hell.  even though they said a week, i say two. def not expecting anything by sunday. 

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

do you not realise how business works? if Sony offer a service which isno longer available (due to whatever means). The customers who wantedto use that service will look for alternatives. Thus in the long run itdoes hurt Sony, just sucks it has to happen by pissing off the innocentusers. but the target is Sony.

Lol yes I understand the business but all this is lame. Dude was looking for props and Sony went in. I just want to play the game I PAID for.
My point is, it wasnt the hackers direct intent to shut down the PSN. I heard something about Microsoft unblocking a lot of blacklisted Xbox's from Live. Any truth to that? If it's true, that lets you know what kind of threat these kids are.
It may not have been their intent but damn it I've have not been on Black Ops in so long.
tired.gif

I'm also not feeling these hackers being anywhere near my billing info or anyone else. If it falls in the wrong hands...
sick.gif

Everyone in this thread mad, but fail to realize it actually is a blessing. Get involved in more activities, try something new, and eliminate excuses for being fat.

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

Everyone in this thread mad, but fail to realize it actually is a blessing. Get involved in more activities, try something new, and eliminate excuses for being fat.
No. I'm trying to hit 425 by Next summer.

No. I'm trying to hit 425 by Next summer.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

True for the most part, but it's annoying that I just lost the thing that helps me wind down after a long and stressful day at work. It's frustrating, especially with more developments coming up on the negative end. 
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

what in the %#!# is going on!? i rarely play my ps3 but this #@%*% ridiculous!! thnking about switching to xbox. i need my online gaming fix every once in a while. and yes IAS.

30rtzzo.jpg

I walked all over downtown LA, bought a bunch of books for cheap, and got hustled in pool by a girl today. It feels good to have more free time.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 2sappy

I walked all over downtown LA, bought a bunch of books for cheap, and got hustled in pool by a girl today. It feels good to have more free time.
pimp.gif

did you smash?

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

so microsoft knows people "mod" xbox 360s and they get "Free" games and whatever but have blocked them from playing online

sony gets "jailbroken" for essentially the same reason people getting "free" games....couldnt they have just blocked these people from playing online

why care about it? when microsoft still has hardcore fans who purchase games by the millions and sony does too...its the poor ones who do all this free game stuff

They did try. The 3.60 update was to stop them from playing online but all they had to do was run a program on the pc and changed some network settings on the ps3 and you were back online. Then they made the Rebuf CFW and they all had developer rights getting everything they wanted from the psn store free. It's crazy what these hackers can do
eek.gif

'Anonymous' hackers to Sony: It wasn't us
Friday, May 6, 2011 08:49 PM
BOSTON, May 5 (Reuters) - The Internet vigilante group Anonymous denied responsibility for a cyber-attack on Sony Corp's networks that exposed the personal data of more than 100 million video gamers.

"Let's be clear, we are legion, but it wasn't us. You are incompetent Sony," the group Anonymous said on its Blog (anonops.blogspot.com) on Thursday.

Anonymous is a grassroots cyber-vigilante group which in December launched attacks that temporarily shut down the sites of MasterCard Inc and Visa Inc using simple software tools freely available over the Internet.

Sony spokesman Dan Race declined to comment on Anonymous' latest press release, citing an ongoing investigation.

The group's denial came a day after Sony charged that Anonymous was indirectly responsible for the attack on the Japanese electronics giant's networks. Sony made the accusation in a letter to members of Congress conducting an inquiry into one of the largest computer breaches in history.

Sony said its video game network was hacked into at the same time it was defending itself against a major denial-of-service attack by Anonymous. A denial-of-service attack makes a server or system unavailable by overwhelming its network with Internet traffic.

The attack that stole the personal data of millions of Sony customers was launched separately, right when the company was distracted protecting itself against the denial-of-service campaign, Sony said.

The company said it was not sure whether the organizers of the two attacks were working together.

Barrett Lyon, a security expert who specializes in helping companies defend themselves against denial-of-service attacks, said he believes Anonymous is at least indirectly responsible for the Sony hacking.

"At the very least they planted the seed that focused nefarious intention toward Sony," he said.

"It could have been something that the Anonymous group started, but really couldn't stop," he added. "They work like a lynch mob, and it just takes one crazy person to keep going." — Reuters

omfffffffffiiiiiinnngawwwdddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hgudctyk,jgtfdcxkiycfvdcxcvuikhilynugkjmgdcju.hykicgtxul

Originally Posted by Noskey

30rtzzo.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Anonymous is full of %%!#. GeoHot opened the floodgates to ruining the PS3 and he was rightfully brought to trial. I'm disappointed that Sony didn't seek tougher charges. They let him off scot-free.

Boys on here like there system stuck in the ice age this is trash for real. They haven't gotten the online back on and they're planning another attack... Glad I'm ballin and got both and only really play online don't really play stories and most my friends too... Xbox live clowns psn... Just because taking forever to get bak on..

Back
Top Bottom