QueensBridge Finest / 41st Side Albums.....Vol. Both Had Potential To Be Classics

Bend_The_Knee

formerly gotholesinmysocks
so much talent, greatness, classic albums from just that hood alone, i thought both albums would have been classic.
we will never see so much talent come out of one hood.

dont get me wrong, there were bangers on boh albums but at the end of the day they both fell short.

QBFinest:

Da Bridge 2001, straight outta qb, fire, self conscience, power rap, money.

41st Side:

cardboard box, crushed linen, let em hang, pain, we gon' buck, get back.

i still listen to both albums but when u got dudes like nas, cormega, mobb deep, cnn, nature to name a few and u got produces like large professor, alchemist, l.e.s, havoc, scott storch.

this is another reason why nas just works better when he's doing his solo projects.

discuss......

The QB Finest album is dooooooooooope
pimp.gif
Cormega is my favorite NY dude after GFK and Styles P

^^^wow another cormega fan on NT besides me
eek.gif

i thought i was the only one
laugh.gif

dude is nasty, too bad he wasted his whole career dissin nas

laugh.gif
Word, he's always had quality stuff, but with going so much at Nas, he put himself in a hole.

Had to look up the 41st album cause I never heard of it, Havoc & Alchemist on the boards
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
niiiice

I can't remember which one I heard back then (i'm leaning strongly towards "41st Side"),but that $%%! was a TRAGEDY (no Intelligent Hoodlum).

I mean don't get me wrong... I completely understand what cats were going for with this record and was excited because of how it LOOKED on paper... but when I actually heard it...
30t6p3b.gif
I WANTED to like it,but it just didn't live up to what I thought it was gonna be.

I haven't heard "QB's Finest" in it's entirety so I can't really speak on that.

Cormega is my favorite rapper of all-time.

I was just listening to Littles - The Feeding last week, wondering if I was the only person still listening to that.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

^^^wow another cormega fan on NT besides me
eek.gif

i thought i was the only one
laugh.gif

dude is nasty, too bad he wasted his whole career dissin nas

Not sure if srs

Son said Littles
pimp.gif
I always thought he was dope as well

Originally Posted by hugebird

Cormega is my favorite rapper of all-time.

I was just listening to Littles - The Feeding last week, wondering if I was the only person still listening to that.

actually, i have it but havent given my full attention to it. will do this week.
i've been listening to tragedy khadafi's still reporting album all day today

"Power Rap" is one of the greatest hip-hop songs ever.  Easily one of my favorite Prodigy-in-his-prime moments.  
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

41st side was kinda enh, but Alchemist came the f--- off on "We Gon Buck". Beat was sick.

that and cormegas verse.

i use to bump the 41st album HEAVY back then.
pimp.gif

i like it waay better than QBs finest.

Thats funny this thread popped up. Im here sippin listening on old Nas songs, forgot what a huge nas fan i am. Nothing like not listening to your fav artist work (lost tapes) for years and hearing it again, seems fresh again.

QB finest was cool, yeah you right thou album had mad potential.

Back
Top Bottom