Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained (a Spaghetti Western) scheduled for release Christmas 2012

30t6p3b.gif

Cant wait for this. I'm about halfway through the script right now, but I'm not sure I want to finish it. The story's great so far though.

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Tarantino is one of my fav directors but dude is so overrated...like beyond belief.

He's one of your faves, yet he's overrated? You statement is flooding with contradiction. 

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by keithsweatsjordans

Did you type that with a straight face?
I don't see the problem with his opinion. Dude is overrated to say the least. Around this forum at least. There are by far better directors out there that have had a bigger impact on film than Tarantino. 
If Tarantino is high up on your list of directors, thats cool, but don't be surprised when you don't see it on majority of peoples list.
I get your opinion thing but name a director in the modern era who has made an impact on cinema the way Tarantino has? In the era of CGI and huge budgets, Tarantino has constantly made hits without a ton of effects and very compelling storylines. Not to mention dude said he was one his favorite directors so I don't see how you could also find him THAT overrated. I'd love to hear 5 directors in the modern era who have had a FAR bigger impact on cinema than he has. Hell, even most A-list actors put him way up there. Shouldn't that say something?
Maybe it's my lack of knowledge of the man and his work that doesn't let me give him proper credit. I never found his films too entertaining. I've only seen 3 actually; Inglorious Bastards, Pulp Fiction, and Resvoir Dogs (why you no tip?) and I had to turn off Kill Bill because it was ridiculously boring. And yes, I suppose it does say something that I'm obviously unaware of. These are still alive and kicking;
Steven Spielberg

Martin Scorcese 

Paul Thomas Anderson

Clint Eastwood

The Coen Bros.

David Lynch

Lars Von Trier

Off of the top of my head. Don't know if you'll consider the last two as mad influential (maybe just Lynch?), but to me they are. I love their styles and scripts
pimp.gif

Oh and of course James Cameron and Nolan... not really Nolan actually.

Originally Posted by caleekicks

Originally Posted by CripwalkinK

Tarantino is one of my fav directors but dude is so overrated...like beyond belief.

He's one of your faves, yet he's overrated? You statement is flooding with contradiction. 
He said QT was one of his favorites but it doesn't mean he has to think that Tarantino is the greatest of all time; like some dudes have already called him in this thread.

Originally Posted by jdi23

When I saw Will Smith and slave together my mind didn't think rebel freeing other slaves.
laugh.gif
. Idris would have seem perfect for it. Too bad he passed or was passed on.

this..

and on smith:

Just last month, a story circulated around Hollywood that Quentin Tarantino was desperately pursuing Smith as the lead for his next movie, Django Unchained, in which a freed slave teams up with a German bounty hunter to find his wife and ends up killing a bunch of plantation owners along the way.[sup]17[/sup] Supposedly the script is incredible. Supposedly Smith's agents at CAA and even his manager begged him to play Django. And supposedly, Smith turned it down. He didn't want to risk what he had. He didn't want people to meet Angry Slave Will Smith. He didn't want to mess with a sure thing.

http://www.grantland.com/...view/full/the-movie-star

Wow...for a film releasing in a couple months, how long does filming take if their are still rumors circulating over who's playing what role?

Originally Posted by Caerus

Wow...for a film releasing in a couple months, how long does filming take if their are still rumors circulating over who's playing what role?
December 2012 bro.

Will had his kids success to think about, it's a shame when black actors have to make a decision like that, Will should have taken the part, I think I would rather see him than anyone else, even sounds like the role was written with him in mind. Kinda wish people cold separate his work from his image.

yeah Tarantino is that dude. They are suppose to be shooting it here in Atlanta. My homie is Taratino's biggest fan and is really trying to break into the industry. Hopefully he can find some on set work when they come.

some more tarantino news beside django

kill bill 3 (which will have a different name) will be released 2014.

I am a Tarantino fan but not a big Jamie Foxx fan. I wish him luck in this role but I am a little skeptic

Christopher Waltz though...as a good guy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by D0nny Donowitz

Read the script in April & i am eagerly anticipating this 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
it was a pretty good read, sam jackson gonna wild out in this

Oh man, now I have something to look forward to before the world ends
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Tarantino is one of my favorite actors, and with the success of Inglorious Bastards, I can see him continuing his hot streak.

I know a lot of us don't like Jamie Foxx, but the man did win an Oscar for Ray....just saying
nerd.gif

Waltz and DiCaprio in the same movie = recipe for success.

Lastly, Will definitely should have accepted the role - like seriously what was his last 'Oscar worthy' roll he played? Pursuit of Happiness? =/

Edris would have killed the role too.

Originally Posted by jumpman247

Originally Posted by Caerus

December 2012 bro.
Ahh, for some reason thought it was 2011 
laugh.gif

Good look

Back
Top Bottom