Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained (a Spaghetti Western) scheduled for release Christmas 2012

That just made me think twice about seeing this in theaters.

I'll say this much. When Django gets to ******g people up near the end, the white people in the crowd started getting a little anxious. Literally and figuratively, the tables turned in the film and on the audience.

It's an experience. Not everyone will have the same one, regardless of their race or background. There will be moments you love, moments you feel anxious and moments that you know aren't hitting you or the people around you the right way. This is the realest audience film I've ever seen, and I think you should at least go and see it to find that out for yourself, instead of taking other people's experiences to heart.

Fair enough points. I shall.

If I see this again it will be in my home. The humor could be "smarter" but the average dummy in the theater doesn't make it easier. Imagine watching chappelle in front of 100 strangers majority white. When I went it was mostly black and Latino
Thats exactly what crossed my mind when I read that post.:lol:

Last edited:
I always laugh at inappropriate or offensive stuff :smh:. I'm a minority though, don't know if it makes it better. If people laugh, then people laugh. It's difficult to be politically correct when you find something funny.

As do I. I'm always that guy in the crowd at the movie laughing at some offensive **** but this was different. When you hear a group of people laughing at the n word or when the leo and his crew are belittling the slaves, it's definitely awkward and infuriating. I told my girl, I wish we could have just redboxed this. I think we would have enjoyed it more.

Yeah I agree Inglorious Bastards was a lot more interesting to me.

I really like the last 20-30 minutes of the movie but besides that I got bored with it. I honestly expected a lot more, from all the hype it's getting.

It was just a good movie to me.

same.

after the insanity of the "big shoutout" scene I lost interest.
I don't know if he was sarcastically paying "homage" to western movies.

As do I. I'm always that guy in the crowd at the movie laughing at some offensive **** but this was different. When you hear a group of people laughing at the n word or when the leo and his crew are belittling the slaves, it's definitely awkward and infuriating. I told my girl, I wish we could have just redboxed this. I think we would have enjoyed it more.

yea I think I'll wait to see it when I can rent it

i wonder if anyone has made comparisons to posse...and i wonder what ppl opinions are in terms of similarities differences and would their opinions be different if the movie was more on the lines of a posse?

I'm going to see the movie tonight, but I figured there would be alot of white people going to see this.  Alot of white people love to see black people looking bad, they really enjoy stuff like that.  For some reason, it makes them feel better. 
I can't front though....there were certain parts in the movie where I felt Spike's comments hit home.
Once I see the movie I will probably have a better sense of what Spike was trying to get at, but I'm sure I will probably see Spike's point of view given his knowledge of Hollywood and the images they allow to get out and be displayed. 

The scary movie 5 trailer was more offensive than anything about DU. Black woman screamIng ***** 10 seconds into the trailer. Black guy stealing stuff 20 seconds after that. Smh

The scary movie 5 trailer was more offensive than anything about DU. Black woman screamIng ***** 10 seconds into the trailer. Black guy stealing stuff 20 seconds after that. Smh
lmao
when I saw Kat Williams was complaining, then I see he's in that new Scary movie spinoff, I had to :smh:

:rofl: I was stonefacing so hard, so there are 2 haunted house parodies coming out?

LOL @ people saying this movie made black people look bad, if anything it made white people look horrible. :x

I am kinda curious to know what part of the country some of yall are in that talk about the viewing audience reactions.

I am in Louisiana of all places and saw this movie among a mixed crowd. People laughed at the funny moments and got quiet during the serious ones. I did not notice anybody OD laughing at parts that they "shouldn't have".... which i am assuming includes some of the mass n-word droppings throughout the movie.

Matter of fact if that's not it, what exactly are parts that they "shouldn't have" been laughing at?

I saw someone reference part of Don Johnson's scene, his intro into the movie from his porch probably, right? That was in line and funnier than anything Tyler Perry has ever made in terms comedy to me... and basically an accurate description of the time period. But some of yall feel like (white) ppl shouldn't have laughed? Why? Should there have been universal shaking of the head in disappointment at that part?

I am black and dont understand the urge to not watch this around white ppl... only thing i could see making me upset among them is them finding humor in two or maybe three scenes.

It can't be gut bustingingly funny....and an accurate description of the time.

Wasn't nothing funny about mass rape and forced sexual servitude.

That's what I was getting at.

It's not that people should have shook their head at a comedic scene but morseo that the paradigm of rape should have never been portrayed in a comedic light in the first place.

Imagine if the "Mandingo fight" or the dog scene was injected with one liners and slapstick humor, wouldn't have been appropriate.

The African woman's struggle shouldn't have been marginalized in that way either.

And there wasn't a white person in the entire theater when I saw the flick, so white patrons didn't affect my viewing experience.

But I was about to get into it with some cackling black idiots being loud and ignorant. Screaming out " I woulda raped that n_er b_..." and other disgusting statements in the midst of black elders and people trying to take in the film.

Made my stomach turn watching the fight scene and knowing that I might have to square up with some fools with my same skin color for trying to disrespect everyone in the theater.

The lack of true Black historical and cultural reinforcement is partially responsible for creating numbskulls like those dudes and though Tarantino is not responsible for that and he seems to try to make art with integrity....I can understand why someone like Spike, who has been a torchbearer for black cinema, would be rubbed the wrong way by this film.

Last edited:
Movie was awesome!!! :wow:, some of the white people looked a lil uncomfortable in my room at the end though :lol: but wow, definitely gonna see it again. Y'all weren't lying about Sam being over the top, those prosthetics he had or whatever bothered me a little kinda like JGL in Looper but still movie was fantastic :smokin :smokin :smokin

This movie opened the door...I thought abe Lincoln vampire hunter was over stepping boundaries. After this nothing will be off limits on terms of taste.

This movie opened the door...I thought abe Lincoln vampire hunter was over stepping boundaries. After this nothing will be off limits on terms of taste.

The filmmaker is on trial as much as the film, when they try and get over something like this. There are only like...3 or 4 directors who could do this and not get their heads chopped off. This opens the door to no one.

Back
Top Bottom