Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained (a Spaghetti Western) scheduled for release Christmas 2012

No you can't.....actually most movies have nothing to offer on a second viewing. Once you can comprehend the plot most movies these days are straight forward.

Tarantino is very intricate with his cinematography. He has tons of different "fetishes" that he puts in all his movies and they can slip by in the first viewing.

You mean Robert Richardson, the Cinematographer, is "very intricate with his cinematography." 

And you're right, because most movies do not have subtext, symbolism, or any depth whatsoever. Because Django was soooo profound.  

Ok bro....i guess you pick up everything the first time through in every movie you see and are able to soak in a full Tarantino flick in one viewing congratulations you are way smarter then me.

Anyway....his reoccurring foot fetish shots from the kill bill move the big toe, to the awkward stuntman mike scene in death proof and the low shots he took in Django of Kerry Washington when she is in the bed and Django walks in the door and he pans down and slows at the feet. To the distraction scenes in tense moments like the "creme" scene in inglorious bastards and the beer scene in django. I wasn't able to fully appreciate them the first time through and pick up on the timing and purpose within the film.

Ok bro....i guess you pick up everything the first time through in every movie you see and are able to soak in a full Tarantino flick in one viewing congratulations you are way smarter then me.

Anyway....his reoccurring foot fetish shots from the kill bill move the big toe, to the awkward stuntman mike scene in death proof and the low shots he took in Django of Kerry Washington when she is in the bed and Django walks in the door and he pans down and slows at the feet. To the distraction scenes in tense moments like the "creme" scene in inglorious bastards and the beer scene in django. I wasn't able to fully appreciate them the first time through and pick up on the timing and purpose within the film.

No, man, I do not pick up on everything the first time through in every movie. I, too, enjoy watching movies a second or third time and picking up on things that I did not catch the first time. My point was simply that your initial comment ("It was cool to pick up on the little things this time around that i missed on the first viewing.") lacked insight. It was a bland comment that could be used when describing any movie. Thank you for expanding on your comment and expressing a more insightful thought. It was worthy of conversation. Good day. 

Why not just say this after my first comment to start a conversation instead of deciding to be abrasive? Your response to my comment added less to the topic then my original comment. A little hypocritical if you wanted to know what i picked up the second time through why not ask? Or maybe add what you enjoyed about the movie to spur an actual conversation.

Why not just say this after my first comment to start a conversation instead of deciding to be abrasive? Your response to my comment added less to the topic then than my original comment. A little hypocritical if you wanted to know what i picked up the second time through why not ask? Or maybe add what you enjoyed about the movie to spur an actual conversation.

I didn't want to know. I actually could care less. I simply wanted to point out that your comment was lacking. How did I contribute? I forced you to elaborate on your otherwise mediocre thought. If anything, a little gratitude on your end would be in order. 

If you couldn't care less then why come in and even comment?

Thanks bro...i really appreciate it in all honesty, from the bottom of my heart like seriously....you have benefited this forum and myself greatly today with your undying need to provoke and incite thought. Without you and your contribution to both my thought process and my grammatical blunders there would have been no way i would have ever thought of posting what i did prior. For that i am forever in your gratitude and to show my appreciation i have done all i can and repped every response you made in this thread.

Last edited:
Did anyone else think that the woman that was part of that gang with the bandana covering her face was going to be revealed as a cool cameo? I was waiting for it but it didn't happen.

I was waiting for this as well.

FINALLY saw this movie. LOVED it.

And I cannot see Will Smith fitting in this film at all, very happy it ended up being Jamie.

It's been mentioned, but originally her character had more to her... her face was partially missing underneath the bandana. But they didn't film any of it because of time issues.

I liked all those tracks that you guys listed.

My favs. were.

The Braying Mule

Freedom: best track of the ost

Unchained (The Payback/Untouchable) :great hype song

Un Monumento

Who Did That to You?

I might as well just list all the tracks at this point.

this is my **** ... would make a fire beat

*EDIT* was listening to the soundtrack & noticed there's skits with dialogue that's not in the theatrical release ... there's gotta be more footage kicking around ... does the Blu-ray have deleted scenes?

Last edited:
Movie was great...
pimp.gif

I refuse to watch Roots again in my life. 

On second thought, the movie deserves a deeper analysis from myself. But what a pass by Melo to K-Mart...  I feel as if Quentin is one of the best directors of our generation. His attention to detail, his microscopic approach to all matters cinematic is what makes him one of a kind. 

I thought the depiction of slavery had to be cinematic in a sense, and the Roots depiction never sat well with me due to the host of inaccuracies that I felt were presented. Even on the part of Alex Haley, not to mention the direction of the mini series. 

I enjoyed the dialogue in this movie, and the role of the German bounty hunter added a nice touch to an other wise great mixture of characters. Calvin Candie looked so dumb when he told him about Alexander Dumas. 

Last edited:
Just finished watching it. Not a huge Tarantino fan, but I really enjoyed the movie. It was hilarious at times. Dr. Schultz, Candi, and Steve stole the show.

Back
Top Bottom