QUESTION FOR MY MILITARY PEOPLE

So I took the ASVAB test a few days ago and my AFQT score is 86.  From what I understand this is a "good" score.  I heard this from the recruiter but they like to sell dreams so I take everything with a grain of salt. My question is would this get me a good Army job? Also, would I be able to shop my score around to different branches (Coast Guard, Navy, Air Force, ect.)?

Thanks in advance.

...i have never understood how people with 'good' scores willingly goto the Army.

....bruh, i piece of advice. your score....is YOUR SCORE. no branch owns it. you have the ability to go where ever you choose.....or not.

....another thing? dont focus on what job they can offer you. find out what you wanna do in the real world after you get out, prefereably one thats makes good money on the outside. THEN, find the compatible military job for it. try not to rely on the recruiter for %#!#. try at all costs to talk to someone currently in the military doing the job and ask them. get that information, and tell them what you wanna do.

picture-83.png

Originally Posted by Mr718

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Nope if 86 was your standard score
http://usmilitary.about.c...litary/l/blafqtscore.htm

what are you trying to do?

86 is my Percentile

I'm looking to do something with IT or avionics.

....go with IT. you can take that anywhere AND it pays well.

- avionics is sort of a dead end job, makes good money if you're near a base or dont mind working in the desert 12 months at a time. other than that those jobs arent that easy to come by.

...i was an Electronics/Calibration Tech. we calibrated and/or worked on the equipment avionics guys used to do their job.

Thanks for the advise.  I'm actually gonna take some time and look around at other branches and which has the most to offer after my 2/4yrs are done.

Mr718 wrote:
Thanks for the advise.  I'm actually gonna take some time and look around at other branches and which has the most to offer after my 2/4yrs are done.

...oh, keep in mind those comments were strictly about life/work AFTER the military. ANY job will do while your in, people just forget that that military time will end one day regardless, and they fail to prepare for it.

Avionics is cool....i guess. EYE wouldnt want to do it though. one just has to remember the aircraft equipment you'll be working on in the military wont be in the civilian world, unless you're near a base.

...sorry if im going over things i already said, just trying to make it crystal clear. do your research

Back
Top Bottom