Question: Shaving

How do you guys shave?
1. Do you start from the top and shave down?
2. Do you start from the bottom and shave up?
3. Do you start from the left and shave to the right, or vice-versa?

Question is.. is there anything wrong with starting from the bottom and shaving up?
nerd.gif

It depends on the occasion

Regular days ...i just trim down with my T-liner

Weekends...I'll trim with the T-liner, and then shave down with a razor

On Special occasions...I trim with the T-Liner, shave down, and then shave up to be real smooth

Not gonna lie, when i'm real smooth its just as good as a feeling as getting a fresh cut, but i be getting lazy lol

There shouldn't be a top/down/etc. but rather with or against the grain. Shaving with the grain will give you less irritation but will obviously get lessof the hair.

I always shave with the grain, and that's good enough for me. If I want it as smooth as possible, I'll re-lather and go against the grain verycarefully.

I'll usually do either side of my face first, then the other, then finish with the mouth and chin area.

Side to side. If you go up its super irritating and itchy and i dont want it to like im playing with myself in public. People will think i got something.

Always go with the grain if you are using a razor blade. Really look at your face and neck because for most of your shave you will want to shave downwardbut it can get tricky on the neck because for me and lots of guys, the hair growths sideways, up and diagonal on the chin.

Pay special attention to whether or not the lowest neck hair grows up; because mine does and when I was younger and shaved down, I was going directly againstthe grain and causing ingrown hairs, which cause ugly rashes and blemishes on the bottom of my neck.

You do not have to go perfectly with the grain but just be aware the fact the direct that your facial hair grows does grow at various angles and you want toavoid going directly against it because of the fact that you will get ingrown hairs and it will look bad.

First going down.

THen I re-lather and shave against the grain. If necessary I'll do it again because I have a thick !@% beard. but you have to be EXTRA CAREFUL when shavingagainst the grain. NEVER I MEAN NEVER try to do it fast because you'll irritate your skin, ingorown hairs etc.

BTW I use the Art of Shaving...LOVE THAT +@#%! Badger Brush FTW!!

Originally Posted by GIveMEshoes

First going down.

THen I re-lather and shave against the grain. If necessary I'll do it again because I have a thick !@% beard. but you have to be EXTRA CAREFUL when shaving against the grain. NEVER I MEAN NEVER try to do it fast because you'll irritate your skin, ingorown hairs etc.

BTW I use the Art of Shaving...LOVE THAT +@#%! Badger Brush FTW!!

hmm.....do we have another DE shaver here? I use a razor styled from the ones in the 50s, the ones where you have to load an actual blade in it. Yes, a badgerblade with a good soap makes very good lather. If I want a BBS I'll go for multiple passes. I'll go with the grain (down), against, (up), and across(left and right). Repeat as needed but you might receive irritation from a Mach3, due to the amount of blades.

Back
Top Bottom