Quick eBay Help!

I've been asked a few times by buyers to sell the items outside if ebay and strictly through paypal but I usually just tell them to stick to the script. I've been asked once again but I'm wondering what are the pros and cons of doing it that way. If the buyer seems legit with 100% feedback and is also a seller themself, then it's worth considering no?

As both a seller and buyer. I highly prefer dealing outside of ebay.

As a buyer,the money the seller saved on final value fees can be used to lower the price for me.

As a seller I'm willing to be more flexible price wise with the buyer. If we deal outside of ebay.

Either way that 10% final value fee is quite a bit, especially on bigger ticket items.

selling wise, as long as the buyer is PayPal verified and your shipping to a confirmed address your good to go.

Last edited:
FVF are such a pain in the butt. That's why you get those messages all the time. Protection doesn't change much.

Usually, people do it outside of ebay to decrease cost since you can transfer the saving of not having to pay ebay fees to the buyer. if he's not looking for a discount, then not sure what's in it for him.

FVF are such a pain in the butt. That's why you get those messages all the time. Protection doesn't change much.

Man they really are. PayPal and ebay double dip and the seller policies. Not being able to leave bad buyers negative feedback, holds on your money for new sellers, and not even being able to use the word "deadbeat" in your listing.

I would have no problem paying the final value fees if the service I was getting as a seller was more adequate then what I currently get but since it isn't I try and find ways around the fees.

I do this every single time I "buy" off of ebay now...usually for car parts. tricky part is that you can't send email addresses in ebay messages anymore, because they're trying to prevent it. when they ask for my email address where they can send an invoice, I usually hit them with the, "blahblah is the first part and it's google mail". people usually figure out it's gmail.

I prefer selling off ebay because of the percentage that ebay takes from the sale. I have high BIN prices on items that I know people won't buy at and just say in the ad message me and we'll work something through paypal. Just send them a detailed invoice and take plenty of pics while packaging the item just in case something happens. FYI if you end more than 1 item early on eBay they will charge you the final value fee for the item regardless of if it sold or not so you have to be careful about that.

i put in my ad all the time to message for payppal invoice offfer to cut down fees. Still some people want to pay the buy it now price. 

Back
Top Bottom