Quick question about wearin Jordans to Prom/Graduation

I think it depends on your school but I remember that we could wear any shoes to Prom but Dress shoes had to be worn at Graduation.. BTW Me and My chick worn01 Blk/Red XI's to Prom...

Do what you want essentially and what's gonna make you happiest and most memorable regardless of popular opinion

i used to wear Jays to the dance...i was banned from graduation though
happy.gif

man i know you a got a pair....
wear your fusion 5s, the blue, yellow, and orange ones..

LMAO J/K

Originally Posted by ralphsody

man i know you a got a pair....
wear your fusion 5s, the blue, yellow, and orange ones..

LMAO J/K

Yea I was thinkin fusions would be hott for prom.
indifferent.gif
lol jk. I work at Finishline so I get see all the lames drooling over them. I think its hilarious how JBhas made the price of fusions soo high and people continue to buy them.

Okay look. In all seriousness, in this day and age proms aren't what most think they are. Actually, according to older people I know they haven'tchanged at all. But I digress, proms are not nearly as special for most as you guys think they are. Most proms are really just another dance where everyonepaid way too much for their outfit. Nothing different happens. It's not momentous. It's just another dance. They'll play hip-hop and there WILL bepeople bumping 'n' grinding. They'll just be doing it in rent-a-tuxs' and very expensive dresses.

Just wear J's if you want to. It's not a big deal. You'll look back on your prom and probably go "Damn, I shouldn't have even went. Thatstuff was wack. Oh well, I broke necks though!"

And about graduation, if you want to and won't get into trouble, I say wear some respectable ones (patent XI's, all black XV's, etc.) or rock dressshoes. All up to you.

(J's to a wedding or job interview, definitely a no-no though)

Originally Posted by kei akuma

Okay look. In all seriousness, in this day and age proms aren't what most think they are. Actually, according to older people I know they haven't changed at all. But I digress, proms are not nearly as special for most as you guys think they are. Most proms are really just another dance where everyone paid way too much for their outfit. Nothing different happens. It's not momentous. It's just another dance. They'll play hip-hop and there WILL be people bumping 'n' grinding. They'll just be doing it in rent-a-tuxs' and very expensive dresses.

Just wear J's if you want to. It's not a big deal. You'll look back on your prom and probably go "Damn, I shouldn't have even went. That stuff was wack. Oh well, I broke necks though!"

And about graduation, if you want to and won't get into trouble, I say wear some respectable ones (patent XI's, all black XV's, etc.) or rock dress shoes. All up to you.

(J's to a wedding or job interview, definitely a no-no though)

I completely agree. Im gunna rock my Jordans before life gets to serious to do it. Im thinkin about rockin some CDP XIs to graduation. I actually rocked someAqua VIIIs to my job interview and got hired on the spot. My boss is a Sneakerhead but it was verry predictable because it is Finishline.

I say you find some kicks that match your date's dress, it'll be hard but if you can find something i think it'll kill'em

I say you find some kicks that match your date's dress, it'll be hard but if you can find something i think it'll kill'em

I personally have no problem wearing J's to anything formal or semi- formal. I wore Jordan IV Bred's to my semi-formal. Made me stand out from the rest(in a good way).

Originally Posted by woody33

Yea thats originally what I had in mind. I was gunna try and get the Spacejams and beg her to wear a royal blue dress (school colors) but I just dont have thatkind of mula for a tux and Spacejams. I think the the XVIs will be nice and different. Dudes always rockin XIs to prom.

Originally Posted by joeman1515

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Originally Posted by chinasuperman21

i don't think j's are appropriate for such occasions...

It's just prom and graduation? Is it reallt a big deal? Prom is really just the last party before graduation. It's all teens anyway. It's not like you're going to a wedding in J's. That's just
smh.gif
Dude, you wear Jordans everyday...I know I don't know you...but you probably wear jordans everyday. Just opt out and get fancy for once. Jordans in proms/weddings is kind of bopperish.

bopperish??? r u serious?

I would wear dress shoes, but do you! I dont even think Im gonna go to my prom, it seems so freakin pointless and its expensive too. I just wanna get my doploma and keep it moving, everyone is tellin me to go though. Idc, but like I said, I wuold wear dress shoes not that I have any, and Im a junior if that matters
doploma?!? little ironic if you ask me
lol, i was on my phone, seee how i spelled "wuold" wrong too?

btw, yall think wearin Js to an interview at finishline like OP did actually boosts ur chances?

I dont care what anyone says here.

That is about the gayest thing you could do. Nothing says, "Im a tool" like J's at the prom.

-edit- ...and you guys are getting fooled by the prom. Why the hell are you taking a broad to a lame school party? And paying for everything too?! You should take her to the after party and handle there. It cost less and you get the same result.

Originally Posted by FudoAkira

That is about the gayest thing you could do. Nothing says, "Im a tool" like J's at the prom.

-edit- ...and you guys are getting fooled by the prom. Why the hell are you taking a broad to a lame school party? And paying for everything too?! You should take her to the after party and handle there. It cost less and you get the same result.
scored both ticket's free for mine
pimp.gif
pretty much the best free date you can pull

Originally Posted by FudoAkira

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/tool Tool- A person used to carry out the designs of another; a dupe. So Iguess I'm a "tool" because I'm wearing Jordans to prom? Well I guess your a "tool" if you carry out (wear) your Nike/Jordans. WhichI think is pretty funny thing to say on a sneaker website. It also sounds to me that your prom (if you went) was horrible. As for getting a "result"I'm going with my girlfriend and I'm pretty familiar with her "results" if you feel me. So I guess I'm gonna go to a "lame schoolparty" with a "broad" and I'm not gonna get any surprising "results". O well Ill deal with it.

It's just prom and graduation? Is it reallt a big deal? Prom is really just the last party before graduation. It's all teens anyway. It's not like you're going to a wedding in J's. That's just
smh.gif
Dude, you wear Jordans everyday...I know I don't know you...but you probably wear jordans everyday. Just opt out and get fancy for once. Jordans in proms/weddings is kind of bopperish.

I would wear dress shoes, but do you! I dont even think Im gonna go to my prom, it seems so freakin pointless and its expensive too. I just wanna get my doploma and keep it moving, everyone is tellin me to go though. Idc, but like I said, I wuold wear dress shoes not that I have any, and Im a junior if that matters

btw, yall think wearin Js to an interview at finishline like OP did actually boosts ur chances?

If your boss is a sneakerhead it might. But I understand what you mean. I definitely wouldn't wear sneakers to an important job interview that could affectmy career.

Originally Posted by Addicted2fresh

smh.gif

If your boss is a sneakerhead it might. But I understand what you mean. I definitely wouldn't wear sneakers to an important job interview that could affect my career.

how are you gonna drop 150 on shoes and then say a prom is too expensive and a waste of time??? that sounds ******ed..... and i just wore my cdp 11s with ablack tux with a red vest and tie for my schools prom show(Local places display their Formal wear) and my teachers liked it they thought it was cool so go forit... you buy jordans to wear them why not wear them when your gonna take the most pictures ever and if your really love the shoes show them off aha

they cant stop u from wearing what u want. what they gonna do kick u out of prom? not let u graduate. they cant do that

so he should go ahead and wear uncomfortable hard %%% shoes??? F that! Wear your freshest and mostcomfortable shoes you have bud. Its your prom and graduation. Not theirs
wink.gif

Originally Posted by AirThompson

You wont get in trouble @ prom nor graduation

my prom kids wore chucks. I mean even one kid had a Tux Tee shirt on...trust me you could wear hydros and get a way with it...but Im with most people...wouldntrock them to prom

Back
Top Bottom