Quick question for beloved lakers fans and all basketball enthusiasts

When Kobe Bryant decides to retire and hang up the sneaks, which number do you think the lakers should or will retire???? #8 or #24
He has accomplished quite alot in his illustrious career in both numbers. For instance scoring 81 points, winning 3 rings, etc....in the #8 or becoming the youngest to score 25,000 points, passing jerry west in the all time lakers scoring list in the #24.  I apologize to any who think it's an irrelevant question but i'd like to see what others think of the topic.

Please discuss NT

#8...

3 rings & the 81 are huge accomplishments. Those 3 rings did a lot for the franchise at the time. That was when nobody was messing witht he Lakers during that 3peat.

Should retire #8 but I think he'll want #24 retired (if not both
laugh.gif
).

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

laugh.gif
).
I was thinking they might just do both as well but no way the NBA will allow a franchise to retire 2 numbers for 1 player.....................or will they???
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

laugh.gif
).
I was thinking they might just do both as well but no way the NBA will allow a franchise to retire 2 numbers for 1 player.....................or will they???
nerd.gif

he did a lot as 8 but as 24 he has more significant accomplishments ex: MVP and finals MVP

It's still early...and because of that I'll say 24. He has a solid few more years of basketball left in him and
can add to his list of accomplishments with that number.

I honestly think it will end up being 24 that gets hung in the rafters, but 8 might get retired indefinitely as in maybe not get into the rafters but it won't be allowed to be used by another active player EVER 
laugh.gif

both, just split the jersey in two.

and if it's only one, the other will be unofficially retired.

I think it will be both numbers.

One banner/jersey with 8/24 on it.
Its really hard to pick just one. So, unless Kobe chooses just one - I think the Lakers will retire both of em.

Originally Posted by AIR J XIII

both, just split the jersey in two.

and if it's only one, the other will be unofficially retired.
/thread

Originally Posted by MBen32

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

both
pimp.gif
Co-sign.

My question is, as a big fan of Shaq, will #34 get retired?

Shaq resigns with LA  for 1 yr. then retires here
pimp.gif

I also think both Kobe numbers will go up

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

He needs to switch back to 8. I'm still not a fan of 24
smh.gif
agreed 100%.  i still haven't bought any of his #24 jerseys...all #8 for me so far.  maybe if he wins another chip in #24, i might break down and finally get a #24 jersey.
happy.gif

Back
Top Bottom