R.I.P Prince

Saddest day I've had since Michael passed. Such skill and work effort, rest in purple to The Beautiful One. :smh:

4 of the best top acts in 80's r and b are now gone

prince

michael jackson

rick james

luther vandross

Whitney gone too

There's been better conversations going on in the general thread but I've been tore up from this all day. Never cried over someone I didn't personally know dying but this **** has got me for 12+ hours

Last edited:
Whitney gone too

There's been better conversations going on in the general thread but I've been tore up from this all day. Never cried over someone I didn't personally know dying but this **** has got me for 12+ hours

same here

i never felt this way for the death of a celebrity

if Michael Jordan passed i don't think i would feel like this

Whitney gone too

same here

i never felt this way for the death of a celebrity

if Michael Jordan passed i don't think i would feel like this

I was telling my pops that Kobe and Phil could've died in a plane crash today and I wouldn't of felt as bad I do right now.
I was born in 90 and played ball as a Lakers fan so that's food for thought.
I make music too so there's a part of that in there but this was my god man.

Something I wrote in the Prince thread in General...

Prince was such a musical titan - god... The way he blended new wave, r&b, funk, & rock... He was a uber musician, song writer (even for others like the Bangle's Manic Monday, Stevie Nick's Stand Back), producer, & performer. Very few who were his peers. He also changed the scope about how people perceived race, gender roles, & fashion... I can't imagine what music would've looked like if he hadn't existed.

RIP Prince Rogers Nelson.

Nah, nah, nah. This isn't real. I don't believe it. I refuse to believe this. Prince may be pulling a prank on us. The mysterious one. He's not dead. Media just trying to take down another Black man.

NO! :smh:

...This one hits pretty hard. Same as MJ but with less anger. So fortunate to come up in a time to enjoy some of his work in the moment. Much of my high school years ('99-'03) and spare change were spent discovering his music and ridiculous talent. He is the true definition of "one of a kind". I sometimes wish he was as immortal as his work, but these unfortunate circumstances will bring an even greater appreciation for his artistry and humanitarianism. Watching his First Ave concert from '83 right now. This man is/was music. I'm glad he got to see the day that he owned all of his master recordings. I just hope all the artists he has mentored through the years take all of his advice and counsel to heart.

Last edited:
They now saying he OD'd on Percocet.
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom