R.I.P. The White Stripes (1997-2011)

The White Stripes would like to announce that today, February 2nd, 2011,
their band has officially ended and will make no further new recordings or perform live.

The reason is not due to artistic differences or lack of wanting to continue, nor any
health issues as both Meg and Jack are feeling fine and in good health.

It is for a myriad of reasons, but mostly to preserve What is beautiful and special about
the band and have it stay that way.

Sauce

The White Stripes would like to announce that today, February 2nd, 2011,
their band has officially ended and will make no further new recordings or perform live.

The reason is not due to artistic differences or lack of wanting to continue, nor any
health issues as both Meg and Jack are feeling fine and in good health.

It is for a myriad of reasons, but mostly to preserve What is beautiful and special about
the band and have it stay that way.

Sauce

I wonder if he can still tell that they are going to be friends?

Depressing, but probably for the best.

If any fan has never seen Under Great White Northern Lights, you absolutely should.

I wonder if he can still tell that they are going to be friends?

Depressing, but probably for the best.

If any fan has never seen Under Great White Northern Lights, you absolutely should.

frown.gif

frown.gif
All good things come to an end.
Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I've had this for a long time but still havent watched. Might finally be time.

frown.gif
All good things come to an end.
Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I've had this for a long time but still havent watched. Might finally be time.

You can tell at the end of great Canadians lights that it was more than just the end of the movie. Sad, one of my favorite bands.

You can tell at the end of great Canadians lights that it was more than just the end of the movie. Sad, one of my favorite bands.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I seriously don't know why this surprises anyone

What makes you say that?
They cancel their tour 4 years ago and essentially go on hiatus. In rock terms We're broken up. But unlike most bands Jack & Meg never seem the type to do stuff for the money and while there has always been rumors of them coming back no concrete evidence. Add in the movie, Jack white stating last year "It'd be weird to play with the Stripes again" you just kinda knew it was over. This statement is just closure for fans

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

I seriously don't know why this surprises anyone

What makes you say that?
They cancel their tour 4 years ago and essentially go on hiatus. In rock terms We're broken up. But unlike most bands Jack & Meg never seem the type to do stuff for the money and while there has always been rumors of them coming back no concrete evidence. Add in the movie, Jack white stating last year "It'd be weird to play with the Stripes again" you just kinda knew it was over. This statement is just closure for fans

My all time favorite band.
Which means I'll never see them live or hear new material.
This *$!!!@$ sucks.
30t6p3b.gif

My all time favorite band.
Which means I'll never see them live or hear new material.
This *$!!!@$ sucks.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom