-Racist moment or am I overreacting? (Even though I didn't react at all)- Vol: You dont know me fam'

anybody see Parks and Recreation tonight??? they had a scene that related to this exactly...funny as hell!

they had a white grandma at a public forum sayin she was against a new park being built in her neighborhood if it included bball courts

thread was the first thing i thought about lol

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Whoa. Crazy you dudes are getting upset cause you think he stereotyped dude, yet cause he's white your assuming he said that based off kay skin tone. The thought of dude being a baller and dissapointed with the lack of ball kicks and just saying that cause that's what HE would be looking for isn't far fetched. The thought that he said that based off your skin isn't either of course. But regardless generalized assumptions aren't cool, the fact you don't know why son said that yet your all assuming is just as wrong as what yall mad at. Kay ain't say !#$% and find out for himself so really this whole thread is baseless.
WHO is upset?
laugh.gif
So this thread about race generated 9 pages with no racially driven emotion involved? Right. Cause you'd call any store for a random person when the employees take a unprofessional approach. You a good citizen DC
smokin.gif
^ You are aware that you can have a discussion on race on a message board without getting upset right? This is what happens when people assume things. Haven't you learned anything from reading this thread?

Originally Posted by beh235

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

WHO is upset?
laugh.gif
So this thread about race generated 9 pages with no racially driven emotion involved? Right. Cause you'd call any store for a random person when the employees take a unprofessional approach. You a good citizen DC
smokin.gif
^ You are aware that you can have a discussion on race on a message board without getting upset right? This is what happens when people assume things. Haven't you learned anything from reading this thread?
I read the thread. Feelings are involved. Save it bruh

Originally Posted by trey ohh five

The other day I was at the super market and a black employee approaches me and says, "If you're looking for the mayonnaise aisle it's over there." Reverse-racist moment or am I overreacting?

yep, that was super racist.

how did it make you feel?

(this didnt even happen, tho)

Originally Posted by Beacon ave south

This one time I had a black stranger ask me for a cigarette and i hit him with the, "yea sure but theyre not menthol though."

lmao, i actually ask like "whatre you smoking?" before i ask to bum one LMAO

if someone gives me a non-menthol cig i give it back LMAO

The employees in those type of stores are trained to size the customer up and try to base their sales based off customer for example like someone mentioned if you come in store looking like grant hill, he may have thought you were a hooper or something. I would not call that racists necessarily. Now if he said something like "just to let you know we don't have any sales" then that would have been rude but still not racists so I would advise to never step foot in that store or any chain.
no, actually the employees are taught to treat every customer the exact same, and no matter what the circumstance, never offend a customer....

but keep typing whatever comes to your mind
maybe he didnt mean anything by it but i feel where you coming from tho

he prolly didnt mean anything by it......but drunk drivers dont MEAN to murder people when they drive drunk....

The thought of dude being a baller and dissapointed with the lack of ball kicks and just saying that cause that's what HE would be looking for isn't far fetched.
THATS NOT HIS JOB, B

HIS JOB IS TO PROVIDE SERVICE TO THE CUSTOMER

NOT ASSUME HE PLAYS BALL AND OPEN UP A DISCOURSE ABOUT THE LACK OF SNEAKERS

roll.gif

HE WORKS IN A STORE THAT DOESNT EVEN SELL SNEAKERS, WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD HE WANT TO DISCUSS SNEAKERS WITH CUSTOMERS?

roll.gif

So this thread about race generated 9 pages with no racially driven emotion involved? Right. Cause you'd call any store for a random person when the employees take a unprofessional approach.
fam, you're literally the only person, on either side of the argument, who's saying theres absolutely no racially driven emotion involved LMAO

read the thread. Feelings are involved. Save it bruh
yeah, YOUR feelings
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CurbYourEnthusiasm

The employees in those type of stores are trained to size the customer up and try to base their sales based off customer for example like someone mentioned if you come in store looking like grant hill, he may have thought you were a hooper or something. I would not call that racists necessarily. Now if he said something like "just to let you know we don't have any sales" then that would have been rude but still not racists so I would advise to never step foot in that store or any chain.
no, actually the employees are taught to treat every customer the exact same, and no matter what the circumstance, never offend a customer....

You guys are giving way too much credit to the staff training procedures for a damn SPORTING GOOD store.
For all we know, dude couldve been the owners nephew finishing up his community service hours for his cocaine bust (Since making assumptions is fun).

Im in sales homie and treating everyone the same is the LAST thing you want to do if you want to make money.

i worked retail sales, commission based, in 4 different positions

of course you want to be personable with people in sales

HOWEVER

what you DONT want to do

ABOVE ALL ELSE

is OFFEND THE CUSTOMER

especially with RIDICLOUS ASSUMPTIONS THAT WONT HELP YOUR SALE ANYWAY

yo, diego, if you sell, say, sneakers,

when someone in pradas comes into your store

would you try to sell them sneakers or tell them "bro, we dont have casual dress shoes here....you might wanna try somewhere else out" OFF TOP BEFORE EVEN SAYING HELLO WELCOME TO MY STORE?

you and i both know the training techniques for sales, customer service and the like

you're supposed to greet customers with stock greetings "hello, sir, how may i help you today?"

not come up to the customer and make an assumption based upon their appearance.....if they look like they shouldnt shop here, direct them to a different store

come on man

why are you still arguing?

homie ive sold sneakers, insurance, books and hardware.....not one of those jobs said "make assumptions about the customer before you even speak to them"

they said "ask them what they want then sell them that item, and any other item you can convince them to buy....oh, and make them feel good the whole time"

LMAO

dude in the sporting goods store did the opposite.

since i cant get you to admit it was pretty offensive

can you at least agree it was TERRIBLE customer service, actually the opposite of what someone in his position does, and AT LEAST that it was in very poor taste......

can you?

(and if he's working for his uncle because he got busted with coke, thats an even stronger argument that dude is a failure and would make racial comments based on sterotypes...you know, being a wild coke head without training, and all)

So hes a horrible salesperson...that doesnt make him a racist. Just means hes bad at his job.

Lets assume that what he said is offensive...Ill even go as far as saying he shouldnt have made the comment.
Do you TRULY believe dude had some type of malicious intent?
Do you think he felt that Kay had no business being in that store because hes black? DO YOU?

If your answer is no, I want you to look me in the eyes (PAUSE) and tell me that youve never offended somebody without trying to.

For Jesus Lord sake...we just had a thread with a 2 minute video full of nothing but men slapping women.
Since we quick to want to get this dude fired, for surely you guys reported the dude who made that thread.

Or are we still picking and choosing what we want to fuss about?

son, you're missing the actual argument

im not arguing that dude is a racist

im not even arguing the intent of what he said is racist

BUT WHAT HE SAID WAS A RACIAL STEREOTYPE AND OFFENSIVE, RACIALLY

i never called dude a racist.....except in the hypothetical situation that hes the cokehead nephew of the owner.....

you can say something offensive without being a racist....

you can say something racist without racist intent....

oprah did a jawn on her network on race (with clips of all her shows on race)

when she brought the KKK, some dude stood up and gave a detailed explaination of the difference between black people and IGGERS

lmao

his intent wasnt racist, even though he probably WAS racist...he was honestly trying to explain the difference.....an explaination ive heard black people actually try to make......but his explaination WAS RACIST...even if his INTENT  in explaining what he considered the difference between a black and a IGGER wasnt...

again, if you argue that had kay been a scrawny white kid in hiking boots, he would have gotten different service PROVES THAT THE COMMENT WAS RACIALLY STEREOTYPICAL AND PREJUDICED....

"if he was a 6'5" black guy it makes sense"

THATS THE DEFINITION OF STEREOTYPE

LMAO

whether 5'8" with long hair and a soccer warm up on, 6'5" with jordans on or 5'10" 300lbs....anyone walking into that store should be an assumed patron of that store....and employees should greet them with a corny stock greeting, and ask them what they're looking for, specifically....

why?

so people dont get offended by stereotypes and racially-motivated prejudice....

thats the very reason they tell you to say that corny @@%$ in the training video....

like i said, just because you make an offensive racial comment based on stereotypes doesnt automatically make you a RACIST

stereotypes are a natural function of the human brain.....only the ignorant cannot overcome this simple brain function with rational thought, tho.

The other day I was at the super market and a black employee approaches me and says, "If you're looking for the mayonnaise aisle it's over there." Reverse-racist moment or am I overreacting?

yep, that was super racist.

how did it make you feel?

(this didnt even happen, tho)

Originally Posted by Beacon ave south

This one time I had a black stranger ask me for a cigarette and i hit him with the, "yea sure but theyre not menthol though."

lmao, i actually ask like "whatre you smoking?" before i ask to bum one LMAO

if someone gives me a non-menthol cig i give it back LMAO

maybe he didnt mean anything by it but i feel where you coming from tho

he prolly didnt mean anything by it......but drunk drivers dont MEAN to murder people when they drive drunk....

The thought of dude being a baller and dissapointed with the lack of ball kicks and just saying that cause that's what HE would be looking for isn't far fetched.
THATS NOT HIS JOB, B

HIS JOB IS TO PROVIDE SERVICE TO THE CUSTOMER

NOT ASSUME HE PLAYS BALL AND OPEN UP A DISCOURSE ABOUT THE LACK OF SNEAKERS

roll.gif

HE WORKS IN A STORE THAT DOESNT EVEN SELL SNEAKERS, WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD HE WANT TO DISCUSS SNEAKERS WITH CUSTOMERS?

roll.gif

So this thread about race generated 9 pages with no racially driven emotion involved? Right. Cause you'd call any store for a random person when the employees take a unprofessional approach.
fam, you're literally the only person, on either side of the argument, who's saying theres absolutely no racially driven emotion involved LMAO

read the thread. Feelings are involved. Save it bruh
yeah, YOUR feelings
roll.gif

Yeah cause you replying to EVERY single person who doesn't agree with you exhibits that you have no feelings towards the subject. You taking quotes which is me responding to people yet you don't have what I'm responding to which absolutely places it out of context. Just cause you using some of these "
roll.gif
" Don't mean anything bro lol. You arguing with a bunch of "shoulda, coulda, wouldas" like I said to argue he is a bad salesman is one thing but to say he did anything based on race is just baseless. This is a pointless thread due to OP not finding out for his self what he was curious, or upset about or whatever. Dude works at sports authority, shut the !%%* up already with what his job is as if you are his boss. Like he is in a delicate profession, I walk into stores all the time and have employees approach me in similar manners. You going hard like anything other than "How may I help you sir" is a fireable offense now that's worthy of a "
roll.gif
"

i never called dude a racist.....except in the hypothetical situation that hes the cokehead nephew of the owner.....

you can say something offensive without being a racist....

you can say something racist without racist intent....

oprah did a jawn on her network on race (with clips of all her shows on race)

when she brought the KKK, some dude stood up and gave a detailed explaination of the difference between black people and IGGERS

lmao

his intent wasnt racist, even though he probably WAS racist...he was honestly trying to explain the difference.....an explaination ive heard black people actually try to make......but his explaination WAS RACIST...even if his intent in explaining what he considered the difference between a black and a IGGER was...

again, if you argue that had kay been a scrawny white kid in hiking boots, he would have gotten different service PROVES THAT THE COMMENT WAS RACIALLY STEREOTYPICAL AND PREJUDICED....

"if he was a 6'5" black guy it makes sense"

THATS THE DEFINITION OF STEREOTYPE

LMAO

whether 5'8" with long hair and a soccer warm up on, 6'5" with jordans on or 5'10" 300lbs....anyone walking into that store should be an assumed patron of that store....and employees should greet them with a corny stock greeting, and ask them what they're looking for, specifically....

why?

so people dont get offended by stereotypes and racially-motivated prejudice....

thats the very reason they tell you to say that corny !%!# in the training video....

You're annoying bro.

You sound dumb though. So now what your saying is because of OP skin color this employee is wrong regardless of reasoning. Now that's racist. So if dude has said this to people of all color, he is still wrong for approaching a black man like this simply because that man was black. 
roll.gif
you dudes don't even realize how foolish you sound. 

You're annoying bro.

then beat it, crumb

nobody is even addressing you

im talking to diego, you know, someone who matters

you can bounce out of the thread if i annoy you, patna

lmao @ you getting mad nobody found your non-funny, non-witty "joke" nearly as funny or as witty as you found it.

EYE annoy you......a troll who came in to troll the topic with some hypothetical that never happened....LMAO

like I said to argue he is a bad salesman is one thing but to say he did anything based on race is just baseless.

roll.gif

LOOK AT YOUR FACE

roll.gif

You going hard like anything other than "How may I help you sir" is a fireable offense now that's worthy of a "
roll.gif
"
listen, teenager, offending customers with racial stereotypes is a fireable offense...in every job on the planet...except maybe a professional roaster....

whos going hard? i have to type alot to fully articulate these very simple concepts to teenage minds such as yours

the dude didnt even say "hello, sir" before he ASSUMED kay was looking for sneakers...even though he was in a store that doesnt carry sneakers....but it wasnt based upon kay being black....no, there was some other magical explaination, like he's the owners cokehead nephew and never went to proper training, that just so happens to agree with your POOR argument

roll.gif

one more for you, too

roll.gif

You sound dumb though. So now what your saying is because of OP skin color this employee is wrong regardless of reasoning. Now that's racist. So if dude has said this to people of all color, he is still wrong for approaching a black man like this simply because that man was black. 
roll.gif
you dudes don't even realize how foolish you sound. 

.....why are you finding any and every hypothetical to try and defend something that WAS OFFENSIVE

kay was offended.

regardless of intent.

YOURE going hard defending something that very well could have been INTENDED to be racist...neither of us knows the intent

what we do know, is that a customer, kay, was offended....

"regardless of reasoning"

THERE IS NO REASON HE SHOULD HAVE TOLD KAY THEY DONT CARRY BASKETBALL SHOES

LMAO

THEY DONT EVEN CARRY BASKETBALL SHOES....THERE ISNT A BASKETBALL SHOE IN THE ENTIRE STORE...WHY IS HE BRINGING UP BASKETBALL SHOES?

KAY DIDNT ASK FOR BASKETBALL SHOES

HE DIDNT SIGN IN AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE "WHERE ARE YOUR BASKETBALL SHOES"

BASKETBALL SHOES SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN BROUGHT UP, AT ALL

roll.gif

you're trying to justify the employee bringing up BASKETBALL SHOES......

what reason, other than kay being black in a sports store that doesnt carry "black people sneakers", would an employee have for saying that?

maybe 5 black guys came in before kay asking for sneakers, so when the 6th, kay, came in, he just jumped the gun?

NEWSFLASH, GENIUS, THATS CALLED A STEREOTYPE WHICH IS OFFENSIVE

he assumed, because kay was black, that he was looking for basketball shoes, and not, say, extreme mountain climbing boots....or a full body parka.....

now, if kay was a 5'8" frail white guy with chalk on his hands and spandex on, you think the white employee would have told him they dont sell basketball shoes?

or would he have assumed the white guy with chalk and spandex was a mountain climber and asked what he could help him find today?

eyes.gif

"THATS THE DEFINITION OF STEREOTYPE"

So which is it bro, are we offended by stereotypes or are we not? I keep going back to the same point. Why we trying to have it both ways?
You cant assume anything about dude other than he is a bad salesman. If you do, you are now guilty of the same %++% youre accusing him of which is making a baseless assumption.

Reason why I bring up everything else is because for some reason NT loves to get sensitive when the %++% is directed to them. Give a NTer ANY opportunity to get disrespectful and 98% of us JUMP at the chance.

Theres 9 pages of sensitive thugs saying what dude said was offensive and about 1 page of us arguing its nothing to look into.
Those people saying its offensive are the same ones laughing at the asian dad memes, or the black college kid meme.

My dude DC has virtually ZERO respect for women and hes talking about being PC...getting dude fired?
MY dude Kay constantly uses the term "redbone" which I cant for the life of me figure out why black people love subcategorizing each other based on shades of black considering all the struggles they have been through as a people for SKIN COLOR.

See what Ive been trying to point out these last few pages has nothing to do with dude from the sporting goods store. In fact all Ive been trying to do this whole time is point out the hypocrisy around these forums.

Be consistent with what you find offensive.
Ima remember you dudes the next time a racially motivated meme pops up.

I have seen you in other posts & you ARE annoying. You have made your point over and over, no need to explain it to every single person who replies in this thread. You're doing too much bro, you sound mad. Literally every other post in this thread is you going off on some rant. Get over it.*ignored*

Lol. You doing all that typing and didn't bother to properly read the thread? They DO carry sneakers just not basketball. You assume he stereotyped dude, but your the one doing it. Kay was offended so Kay could've said something and dude could've explained why he said that. No "teenage mind" over here brethren. You so focused on getting your point across you have tunnel vision. If you approach dudes boss, he's gonna ask dude why he said that, based on his response he may or may not be fired. If it so happens he didn't have race in mind he will probably be told to be more careful cause things can be misconstrued, I'm just going off your little scenarios, but this is more of the real world then what you are portraying. I'm not saying anyone has dude misconstrued but you guys are forming baseless assumptions, no way around it. Next time one of you feels offended speak up, instead of going to NT to make a thread. Then you may be pleased to find out people don't always have race in mind, and can clear things up. Or maybe you'll enlighten someone and make them realize what their doing is offensive.

Ranting or not...

He pretty much sums up how I felt about the situation down to a T...

Thanks for the compliments about the wife BTW,
pimp.gif

#RedBones
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Chest Rockwel

Come on bro... Lets be honest... You know you aint trying to play anything other than basketball and football.

I sense the sarcasm....
laugh.gif

But I play Basketball and I Golf... I played Baseball as a shorty, but who didn't?

...No Football for me.

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Ranting or not...

Thanks for the compliments about the wife BTW,
pimp.gif

#RedBones
laugh.gif
You felt this way and said not a word 
pimp.gif
. This dude going harder than you in your thread yet yall feel the same way. The internet got things all kinds of messed up 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

I have seen you in other posts & you ARE annoying. You have made your point over and over, no need to explain it to every single person who replies in this thread. You're doing too much bro, you sound mad. Literally every other post in this thread is you going off on some rant. Get over it.*ignored*
laugh.gif
, everytime someone posts something thats already been addressed like they're bringing some sort of ephiphany into the thread will get a wall of text, the same wall of text, explained to them in a way which addresses whatever nonsense they've typed.

why, after reading the points ive addressed, would you try to bring up a point i already addressed?

it sounds like the people that are annoying you are the same people annoying me.

sorry for annoying you, 45th jordanxi on niketalk.com

there is an ignore option, tho.....so instead of crying on NT about me..."do something about it"

Next time one of you feels offended speak up, instead of going to NT to make a thread. 

so sick of this argument on this website.

this is what people do in losing here now.....

"go do something instead of discussing it on this common website 50k people visit"

we gon call it ksteezy logic.

he was asking if he's valid in feeling offended or if he was overreacting....

noone is asking if the employee is racist or not

what he said WAS offensive, so kay WAS valid in being offended.

period.

noone can argue that point, which is the ONLY point....

roll.gif

damn im so annoying.

Ranting or not...

how dare i understand and articulate the argument on a discussion-based message board....

roll.gif

its so annoying.

Bro you assumed I smoked weed.
I'm offended you made that baseless assumption.

Let's all just have a big offended party because it's "validated"

haysh, we've talked about this before

some NYC summit idea or some goofy @%#%.

lmao, dork

its better than your "why arent black NTers offended by sneaker ads on a sneaker website" analogy, tho

Anything can be taken in offense though. So if that's your argument, you are correct sir. But a dude hungry imma go grab me something to eat, dudes better not offer me nothing or im catching wreck.

Back
Top Bottom