RAIDER NATION Season THREAD:

Same dudes that think Hue is some sort of god. Dude would've got a coaching offer after we dumped him if he was so great, instead he was offered the job of special teams coordinator. I will admit he can run an offense though.

He really is extremely poised in the pocket. Doesn't get phased at all when he has a pass rusher in his face and that release is quick as ****
Sometimes it's so obvious dude grew up idolizing Favre
laugh.gif
Did he really grow up idolizing Favre? No wonder he reminds me of him every time I watch him play.

Regarding Gruden, It's obvious he doesn't want to risk hurting his rep and take a coaching job. IMO he would only take a job like the 9ers or Bengals where they are built to make a run. He don't want his name associated with a project team.

why you would even want someone who is so far removed from today's game anyway is beyond me.

Last edited:
Our offense is so bland. I was watching the Seahawks game and they were doing reverses and trickery to keep the D on edge.

Some guys put Amy on a pedestal dudes got legit mad on RF treating her like she's AL. :lol:

Yeah offense has been garbage since Hue left but that's not a surprise.

Welp we mite face Matt Moore dolphins thinking about benching tannehill. Denarius Moore needa do special tms he showing that he's not a good fit as our wr :smh:

How long is jones-Drew out for?
We only got about 2-3 weeks left of a healthy McFadden :lol:
In his defense, McFadden has had a couple plays called back due to penalties

Same dudes that think Hue is some sort of god. Dude would've got a coaching offer after we dumped him if he was so great, instead he was offered the job of special teams coordinator. I will admit he can run an offense though.

Hue did that to himself had nothing to do with his ability as a head coach. If he had handeled that end of the season collapse with a little humility he wouldn't have had a problem finding employment.

The dudes who think Hue was a trash HC are just as off as the dudes who think he was a god, just on the other end of the spectrum.

Hue and Cable are the best coaches we've had since Gruden. That might not be saying a lot but I really do think they both were/could again be good head coaches at the NFL level. Personality is what drove their players to perform and it's also what drives GM and front offices away from them.

Last edited:
I don't think he was trash by any means but the team was still extremely undisciplined under him. He made a lot of sub par players looks good and I do commend him for it. I think he's a top tier OC.

He was a first year head coach, first time at any level. Discipline issues with him were really only marginally worse than they had been for a decade anyway Always thought that fact was overstated.

My thing is A LOT of good/great/HOF head coaches would have seen their entire careers relegated to top tier coordinator status if they never got an opportunity to succeed after their first, second, third etc failed attempt at a head coaching gig. All things considered there really aren't many coaches in the league who can claim they had a more successful first season than Hue. Not talkin about anyone in particular but in general Hue tends to get outright slandered by the Raider fan base.

Complete speculation here but I really wouldn't be surprised at all if the real reason Hue has never been publicly considered for HC jobs at the NFL or even NCAA level since is because he simply doesn't want to. He strikes me as a the type of guy who has that pure genuine LOVE for football. When you have that type of relationship wth the game head coaching gigs can put a strain on that relationship. I wouldn't be surprised if Hue simply gets more enjoyment out of being a position coach. If you noticed the relationship Hue had with his group during that Cinci hard knocks a few years back, it's a lot harder to have that when your a HC.

Oh I forgot to mention I used young John Madden as my head coach for my Madden 15 franchise. :smokin

I am 1-2 though....:smh:

Raiders rookie linebacker Khalil Mack is the highest graded LB in the NFL according to @PFF with a +10.8 grade

McFadden not gettin yards isn't all his fault. How many freakin times do they wana run up the gut to realize that is NOT working. You have to get McFadden out in space. Off tackle and toss, counter even. It was nice they tried to stick with run yesterday but HB gut everytime isn't a great game plan...

McFadden not gettin yards isn't all his fault. How many freakin times do they wana run up the gut to realize that is NOT working. You have to get McFadden out in space. Off tackle and toss, counter even. It was nice they tried to stick with run yesterday but HB gut everytime isn't a great game plan...
Yea I'm with you on this...I'm not sure if it's the blocking not being there or if McFadden just isn't seeing the holes. It's hard to say...we all know McFadden runs hard every time, but he's also a one cut runner...if it ain't there then he's limited...

How much action does Vincent Brown see this weekend?

Also saw Sio didn't practice today. Hopefully he feels better tomorrow and/or Friday.

Just read Streater to undergo minor surgery....Hopes to be back in 4-5 weeks. Surgery for Tyvon as well, does not give timetable for return though hoping same case as Rod.

Last edited:
Tyvonn will be out for the year as usual, they'll just say it's week to week in a month or so until the season ends.
If Sio plays last week I think we get that W, hope he comes back.
Holmes hasn't been as effective as I thought he'd be so far so I wouldn't be shocked if Brown steals some reps from both him and Moore.

Back
Top Bottom