RAIDER NATION Season THREAD:

So coliseum city plan dead? Doubt the nfl will appprove a move to SA,TX.

Last edited:
Gonna just ignore this and hope it goes away. I'm all amped for camp news n the season and I see this trash?

Really don't think this is anything to worry about it's all about leverage. Come on now we all know that Mark knows that Al is rolling over in his grave right now at the thought of a statue of himself standing outside a stadium in Texas.

Yea they asked who's a raider fan in the orientation and nearly half the people stood up :rofl:

Place is amazing

raider fans gotta witness a winning team one way or another.

my bad, i know this is a raider thread, so i won't say any further and go back to lurking.

while pre gaming at the river walk then walking over to the alamodome would be cool, the 6 hour flight wouldn't and the San Antonio Raiders just don't sound right.

Last edited:
this franchise is in disarray - no wins, not much long term promise, and they don't even have a damn up-to-date stadium to play in.

There will be no stadium in oakland. Oakland has no $ to pay for it.  The team will not play in santa clara, they have too much pride to share a stadium.

The team will not move to San Antonio (Jerry Jones indicated it's not gonna happen). The team will not move to LA. 

I see this team being stuck at the coliseum for a while to be honest.

I see this team being stuck in disarray for a while .

Tell me if this is accurate? 

It's unfortunate, because I've been a fan of this organization for a long long time. 

yet I have seen nothing but a horribly managed enterprise for many many many years and I see the same thing occurring in the future.   makes me want to boycott supporting this team by way of not purchasing tickets, jerseys etc. 

this team should play in santa clara, they would definitely gain a lot from that. The 49ers moved to the silicon valley for a reason, it's affluent and it's a place where teams will make money. In the same way, the raiders will be able to gain from some of that affluence. They play in a decrepit city, there's a reason why the Warriors  (who have had amazing ticket sales/support) are moving across the bay, there is just more upward potential in SF than in oakland. That same upward growth is in the silicon valley too. It's just not in oakland. 

Last edited:
Inaccurate.

Don't conflate the stadium situation with the on field product. NFL has a salary cap, that alone assures that any team can be competitive regardless of other issues outside the gridiron. Just have faith that a smart organization can be put together to create a strong football product and let the big wigs worry about the other stuff.

Inaccurate.

Don't conflate the stadium situation with the on field product. NFL has a salary cap, that alone assures that any team can be competitive regardless of other issues outside the gridiron. Just have faith that a smart organization can be put together to create a strong football product and let the big wigs worry about the other stuff.
Look at the 49ers.  Jed York brought in Paraag marathe as a close advisor and now he's the team president. Look at his bio 

"Under his direction, the 49ers have experienced tremendous progress off the field, with the construction of Levi’s[emoji]174[/emoji] Stadium being the focal point of the club’s efforts. His"

"On the football side, Marathe is the club’s chief contract negotiator and salary cap architect, and also runs the team’s football analytics efforts. He is responsible for the 49ers compliance with the NFL’s collective bargaining agreement and works closely with general manager Trent Baalke within football operations"

They basically do an NFL money ball type operation in SF. This guy used to be a straight finance person. and Jed york is a finance person too. This type of creative thinking/strategic operation of their organization has resulted in their success. 

the Oakland raiders are operating this **** like peasants and simpletons . 

Last edited:
I'm sure, but frankly I'm of the opinion that Mark Davis won't be the owner of the team much longer. I don't mean months of course, but in a few years time he'll have to relinquish his grip on the franchise.

At that point we can expect things to fall in place for the team one way or another.

I'm sure, but frankly I'm of the opinion that Mark Davis won't be the owner of the team much longer. I don't mean months of course, but in a few years time he'll have to relinquish his grip on the franchise.

At that point we can expect things to fall in place for the team one way or another.
the guy needs to sell the team asap.

on second thought, it's only the stadium situation that Mark davis isn't handling very intelligently.

He's done all that he can do to try to build a contender. 

It's just up to reggie now i guess. 

Last edited:

this franchise is in disarray - no wins, not much long term promise, and they don't even have a damn up-to-date stadium to play in.

There will be no stadium in oakland. Oakland has no $ to pay for it.  The team will not play in santa clara, they have too much pride to share a stadium.

The team will not move to San Antonio (Jerry Jones indicated it's not gonna happen). The team will not move to LA. 

I see this team being stuck at the coliseum for a while to be honest.

I see this team being stuck in disarray for a while .

Tell me if this is accurate? 

It's unfortunate, because I've been a fan of this organization for a long long time. 

yet I have seen nothing but a horribly managed enterprise for many many many years and I see the same thing occurring in the future.   makes me want to boycott supporting this team by way of not purchasing tickets, jerseys etc. 

this team should play in santa clara, they would definitely gain a lot from that. The 49ers moved to the silicon valley for a reason, it's affluent and it's a place where teams will make money. In the same way, the raiders will be able to gain from some of that affluence. They play in a decrepit city, there's a reason why the Warriors  (who have had amazing ticket sales/support) are moving across the bay, there is just more upward potential in SF than in oakland. That same upward growth is in the silicon valley too. It's just not in oakland. 
Sorry bro but you have no idea what you're talking about in this regard. I could post endless articles on Oakland from travel and lifestyle publications written in the last year as well as commercial business tax records, property tax records, and hotel tax records from 2012-2013 but I'm really not trying to get into that. Bottom line is the city of Oakland is more than capable of sustaining the Raiders franchise.  The city has actually seen such a sharp upwards trajectory that painting some picture that somehow the Oakland Raiders and their NFL franchise are above the city and underserved by playing here is laughable. If we're talking bout growth there's actually more room for growth here in Oakland than an San Francisco given how much closer SF is to reaching a point of diminishing returns. Like I said you really have no idea about upward growth in Oakland. The figures and numbers on eceonomic growth are regularly available on lie. Not even gonna get into the how much the Raiders draw from the extended East Bay, the Central Valley, and even Socal for its amazing fan support. 

On the football side of the things, maybe others will disagree, but I've been very pleased with the slow and steady transition away from the disarray that has plagued this franchise the past decade plus some. You say there's no long term promise for the organization and with the current front office and staff long term disarray will continue to be a part of our future, I disagree. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

Lastly, if i see one more person citing the fact that the City of Oakland has no way to pay for a stadium I'm going to lose it. 
laugh.gif
 That's just not how this **** works, not in the state of California, not in many other pro sports states, not in a very long time. No significant allocation of funds for Levi's stadium was provided by public money. Not a dime of public money was provided for the Earth Quakes stadium. The Kings new Arena is mostly being financed through private funds, I think Goldman Sach's just like Levis. ATT&T Park 100% privately financed. The Warriors SF Area will be 100% privately financed. People keep siting that Oakland is too broke pay for the 400-600M the Raiders are short right now as if using public money to finance a stadium has been a viable option for any professional sports franchise in the state of CA for decades. It's akin to saying Little Johny isn't going to *insert expensive private educational institution here* because he personally doesn't have the money to pay for tuition. 

TLDR; all of you saying Coliseum City are dead need to chill and wait it out like the rest of us. 

Last edited:

Sorry bro but you have no idea what you're talking about in this regard. I could post endless articles on Oakland from travel and lifestyle publications written in the last year as well as commercial business tax records, property tax records, and hotel tax records from 2012-2013 but I'm really not trying to get into that. Bottom line is the city of Oakland is more than capable of sustaining the Raiders franchise.  The city has actually seen such a sharp upwards trajectory that painting some picture that somehow the Oakland Raiders and their NFL franchise are above the city and underserved by playing here is laughable. If we're talking bout growth there's actually more room for growth here in Oakland than an San Francisco given how much closer SF is to reaching a point of diminishing returns. Like I said you really have no idea about upward growth in Oakland. The figures and numbers on eceonomic growth are regularly available on lie. Not even gonna get into the how much the Raiders draw from the extended East Bay, the Central Valley, and even Socal for its amazing fan support. 

On the football side of the things, maybe others will disagree, but I've been very pleased with the slow and steady transition away from the disarray that has plagued this franchise the past decade plus some. You say there's no long term promise for the organization and with the current front office and staff long term disarray will continue to be a part of our future, I disagree. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. 

Lastly, if i see one more person citing the fact that the City of Oakland has no way to pay for a stadium I'm going to lose it. 
laugh.gif
 That's just not how this **** works, not in the state of California, not in many other pro sports states, not in a very long time. No significant allocation of funds for Levi's stadium was provided by public money. Not a dime of public money was provided for the Earth Quakes stadium. The Kings new Arena is mostly being financed through private funds, I think Goldman Sach's just like Levis. ATT&T Park 100% privately financed. The Warriors SF Area will be 100% privately financed. People keep siting that Oakland is too broke pay for the 400-600M the Raiders are short right now as if using public money to finance a stadium has been a viable option for any professional sports franchise in the state of CA for decades. It's akin to saying Little Johny isn't going to *insert expensive private educational institution here* because he personally doesn't have the money to pay for tuition. 

TLDR; all of you saying Coliseum City are dead need to chill and wait it out like the rest of us. 
Props to you my dude. haha you exposed me,  I was ignorant about a lot of the stuff  I was saying. 

For the record, I wanna see the Raiders stay in Oaktown and continue on a path of success on the business side as well as the football side. 

Lastly, if i see one more person citing the fact that the City of Oakland has no way to pay for a stadium I'm going to lose it. :lol:  That's just not how this **** works, not in the state of California, not in many other pro sports states, not in a very long time. No significant allocation of funds for Levi's stadium was provided by public money. Not a dime of public money was provided for the Earth Quakes stadium. The Kings new Arena is mostly being financed through private funds, I think Goldman Sach's just like Levis. ATT&T Park 100% privately financed. The Warriors SF Area will be 100% privately financed. People keep siting that Oakland is too broke pay for the 400-600M the Raiders are short right now as if using public money to finance a stadium has been a viable option for any professional sports franchise in the state of CA for decades. It's akin to saying Little Johny isn't going to *insert expensive private educational institution here* because he personally doesn't have the money to pay for tuition. 

just went to the art and soul festival yesterday, love this "decrepit" city.
let people say foolish things and live in the dark

Raiders first depth chart finds Maurice Jones-Drew listed as first team running back ahead of Darren McFadden
Posted on August 4, 2014 by Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
The Raiders released their first depth chart Monday in advance of their first preseason game against the Minnesota Vikings.

For what it’s worth, Maurice Jones-Drew is listed as the first team running back ahead of Darren McFadden. The two have split practice reps pretty evenly through camp. Other items of note: Andre Holmes over James Jones at one wide receiver spot, Sio Moore over Miles Burris at weak side linebacker, TJ Carrie listed as first-team punt returner, Taiwan Jones as first-team kickoff returner.

The Raiders practice Monday at 3 p.m. after taking Sunday off.

Here’s how the depth chart shakes out:

OFFENSE

WR: Andre Holmes, James Jones, Denarius Moore, Brice Butler, Mike Davis, Rashaan Vaughn

LT: Donald Penn, Jack Cornell, Erle Ladson

LG: Khalif Barnes, Gabe Jackson, Lamar Mady

C: Stefen Wisniewski, Kevin Boothe, Jarrod Shaw

RG: Austin Howard, Tony Bergstrom, Emmitt Cleary, (Lucas Nix)

RT: Menelik Watson, Matt McCants, Dan Kistler

TE: David Ausberry, Mychal Rivera, Brian Leonhardt, Nick Kasa, Jake Murphy, Scott Simonson

WR: Rod Streater, Greg Little, Juron Criner, Greg Jenkins, Seth Roberts

QB: Matt Schaub, Derek Carr, Matt McGloin, Trent Edwards

RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Darren McFadden, Latavius Murray, Jeremy Stewart, Kory Sheets, George Atkinson III

FB: Marcel Reece, Jamize Olawale, Karl Williams

DEFENSE

RE: Lamarr Woodley, Shelby Harris, Ryan Robinson

DT: Antonio Smith, Stacy McGee, Ricky Lumpkin

NT: Pat Sims, Justin Ellis, Torell Troup

LE: Justin Tuck, C.J. Wilson, Jack Crawford, Denico Autry

WLB: Sio Moore, Miles Burris, Carlos Fields

MLB: Nick Roach, Kaluka Maiava, Bojay Filomeatu, Marshall McFadden

SLB: Khalil Mack, Kaelin Burnett, Justin Cole

RCB: Tarell Brown, Chimdi Chekwa, Neiko Thorpe, Keith McGill, Chance Casey

LCB: Carlos Rogers, (DJ Hayden), TJ Carrie, Taiwan Jones, Jansen Watson

FS: Charles Woodson, Brandian Ross, Jeremy Deering

SS: Tyvon Branch, (Usama Young), Jonathan Dowling, Shelton Johnson

SPECIAL TEAMS

P: Marquette King, Michael Palardy

PK: Sebastian Janikowski, Michael Palardy

H: Marquette King

LS: Jon Condo, Stefen Wisniewski, Brian Leonhardt

KR: Taiwan Jones, Darren McFadden, Latavius Murray, Kory Sheets

PR: TJ Carrie, Denarius Moore, Greg Jenkins, Mike Davis, Kory Sheets

Note: (physically unable to perform)

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraide...t-team-running-back-ahead-of-darren-mcfadden/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom