Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Mike Dean should get more credit for his work throughout the years man. Dude was apart of some the most classic/legendary music to ever come out of Houston I.e. Scarface, UGK, Geto Boys, Devin the Dude, Z-ro, etc.

Now 20 years later he’s a HUGE part of Kanye West and Travis Scott who are just like these big pop rap stars :lol:

Man...My city done ran with that Zone **** since like 09 :lol:. That’s how much of influence Gucci is in Baltimore. Last 2 digits of a hood zip code became “zones” for the trenches. All the zips start with 212...then the accompanying last 2 digits. We done took that and ran with it on some hood **** :smh: :lol:. You hashtag these on social media...whole lotta hood ****.

Zone15
Zone18
Zone12 :pimp:
Zone39 :pimp:

ain’t “the 6“ toronto ? guess drake took that too.

Nah he took that from some youngin named Jimmy Prime. He started calling it "the 6" cuz of our area codes (416 & 647) and cuz we have 6 boroughs. I really only hear youngins, suburbanites and out of towners say that though.

wavycrocket wavycrocket who this baldamore dude that signed a slave deal?

Why dame going so hard at Lyor :lol:

You can pull a artist from any label and they’ll have that complaint about their top dawg. Wayne had that issue with birdman, every artist has it with puffy. QC the hottest label right now and Skippa feels the same way about his boss

wavycrocket wavycrocket who this baldamore dude that signed a slave deal?

Tate Kobang. From round my way. You might remember him from this.

300 Fkd that all up....but to be fair...I don’t think he was ready...and that song blew up unexpectedly. Shorty nice though. Good *****. Northeast **** :pimp:

300 bout to F’k up Creek Boyz too. They reshot that dumb video and remixed the song to take out “Baltimore too many ***** dying”...for some other weak industry ****, Then our Lil Yacthy on it :smh:

Kevin Lyles lost touch. And he from here smh.

300 bout to F’k up Creek Boyz too. They reshot that dumb video and remixed the song to take out “Baltimore too many ***** dying”...for some other weak industry ****, Then our Lil Yacthy on it :smh:

Kevin Lyles lost touch. And he from here smh.

Bro I still listen to Trap Digits damn near everyday, 8 months later :lol:

Its criminal how unknown these _'s are bruh. Seem like they just dont know what to do with them but this is a weird *** time right now for artists like them.

They not super young, super street, super hip hop or super weird. No crazy out there image, etc. I do think they got a lane, just have to really find out who their audience is.

First week estimates for the Travis project is 300-400k

Dude has officially arrived on the superstar level, if it wasnt obvious already

Industry gotta be happy as hell all that **** paid off

Who was it in here said Travis isn’t as popular as the internet makes him seem? Lol

Back
Top Bottom