Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

That was Chance trying to respond but not respond and be aggressive, but not aggressive.:lol:

Is this about Joe making fun of that weak *** performance he did that he got roasted for or the independent darts?

Either way, Chance's act of being the most wholesome guy in the world is starting to wear on people. He gotta be able to speak with his chest once in a while, right?:lol:

It's about his apple deal, which I don't understand why people are confusing and not understanding.

Bruh gave Apple the permission for them to stream his **** first. They paid him for the ability to use his album. Apple didn't pay him to make the music. That's still independence to me.

It's about his apple deal, which I don't understand why people are confusing and not understanding.

Bruh gave Apple the permission for them to stream his **** first. They paid him for the ability to use his album. Apple didn't pay him to make the music. That's still independence to me.

So who fronted the money?

So who fronted the money?

To make the album?

Bruh has been touring for a minute now. Before coloring book. With no label being behind him, I'm sure he racked in enough to have his own money to do it.

I don’t think it’s too farfetched if Chance indeed funded a majority of the album...from a production side, a lot of producers trying to get on could’ve laced him for cheap/free

However the mainstream features definitely is backed by someone somewhere...no way you pay for Ye, Future, Bieber etc out of pocket :lol:

I'm saying. If he did a J Cole, self sustained album, sure it's believable.

But dude called up Kirk Franklin, and he said yes? Kirk doesn't need the money. And I doubt he would get out of bed for free. Do you think he knew who Chance was?

How do you call up Jay Electronica? That's like getting a 3000 verse, since he does only a verse or song or two a year.

But he got all those features off a mixtape? For an album that wasn't really an album?

Just like Apple is trying to get in to TV and produce content like Netflix, people don't think they're doing it for their own platform, Apple Muisc?

And Jimmy Iovine has an unnamed role with Apple Music after the merger.

I think the fact that the number still bothers so many is actually funny.

We let a whole heap of **** fly that's not acceptable according to the Bible...but ****** still spooked out about 3 numbers.

For a person who doesn't believe in Astrology...I doubt very seriously if there's some ulterior motive behind Ak leaving his posts at 666. He's doing it because he knows people are going to talk about it.

We let a whole heap of **** fly that's not acceptable according to the Bible...but *****s still spooked out about 3 numbers.

For a person who doesn't believe in Astrology...I doubt very seriously if there's some ulterior motive behind Ak leaving his posts at 666. He's doing it because he knows people are going to talk about it.

When people don't care for someone, they highlight every single thing. Him doing that is mad insignificant.

Joe Budden's bars are respected in the Jersey area. People my age (26) who are into lyricism respect the Mood Muzik Tapes.

I'm saying. If he did a J Cole, self sustained album, sure it's believable.

But dude called up Kirk Franklin, and he said yes? Kirk doesn't need the money. And I doubt he would get out of bed for free. Do you think he knew who Chance was?

How do you call up Jay Electronica? That's like getting a 3000 verse, since he does only a verse or song or two a year.

But he got all those features off a mixtape? For an album that wasn't really an album?

Just like Apple is trying to get in to TV and produce content like Netflix, people don't think they're doing it for their own platform, Apple Muisc?

And Jimmy Iovine has an unnamed role with Apple Music after the merger.
Agreed with everything here.

Take a look at how a lot of the executives in music have got into streaming. They’ve become the new labels. I don’t consider an exclusivity deal with Apple independence. Especially since they likely signed on to back him before he was done with the album. They had billboards with an Apple logo and Chance’s face in it. That’s no different, to me, than the kind of relationship an artist has with a label. It may not be a 360 deal, but it’s a mutually beneficial deal. Apple pumps in money (and probably secures features) and Chance offers his buzz.

I love Chance, but he gotta chill. Regardless of what the truth may be, he’s not winning this one. I think people are getting tired of Chance being perfect.

Or I’m probably just old as ****.

I wonder if Chance would ever appear on the show to have a transparent conversation about this topic. I doubt it...but it'd be their most interesting show by far if it happened.

We let a whole heap of **** fly that's not acceptable according to the Bible...but *****s still spooked out about 3 numbers.

I feel what you're saying, but you're talking about a guy that just a month or so ago said he won't even listen to Uzi's song 444+222 because he didn't rock with him playing around with all the satanic symbolism. Regardless of whether it's just for attention or he really believes it, it still contradicts what he said at the time and comes off as some weirdo **** he's doing for attention, much like the goofball rappers he loves so much

all of this. ***** can talk about cutting the tongue out your mouth and mailing it to your loved ones, shooting up your grandma house, etc but let a ***** say 666 and people scared lol. black folks :lol:

Chance is OK for what he does. Im not a hater. I was just tired of hearing that corny redundant gospel sounding song he had with Wayne and 2 Chains every 20 minutes when i was out somewhere. Hes defenately an industry plant to a certain extent. Once he got his feet wet. His parents who are connected helped him meet the right people to advance his career. Thats what your suppose to do. I just dont like when people act like hes this superior talented rapper. Hes average at best. He came in at the right time. Hes a none threatening,clean,positive,go by the rules rapper that caters to that demographic of positive non negative energy type of fans/people. Im just personally tired of all the fake im independent talk. While Apple and the people behind him force him down our throats 24/7 with his 3 Hats and Michael Jackson high water pants swag.

Just tired of the goodie 2 shoes act. Its really getting OD. People think hes independent while hes already getting lifetime achievement awards,yea right lol. Independent to me was artists who didn't have a major company backing them. Or a small local label signed them. Then they still had success with little video/radio play. Early UGK/Ball & G/E-40. Cats where selling good numbers from the support of there surrounding states and cities. Theres nothing independent about Chance. It sounds good when he says it. But theres no straight up independent Rappers who are on billboards/awards shows early in there career/tv show performances/commercials without some major backing.

Back
Top Bottom