Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

Joe doesn't **** with Future. Joe legit brought him up, says he's not _____, then moves the goal post to make the point valid. :lol:

All while never missing the chance to give the mid-rant "and I loooooooooovvve Future"

One of those times Joe is just wrong. :lol: Future was on SNL by himself doing March Madness.

Drake is the only current megastar in hip hop. After that it's Kendrick, Future, 2Chainz, Cole with Chance moving up.

Evident even on the podcast.

Son says Future hasn't done anything different like Thugger, then when the fact gets brought up that dude dropped Hndrxx, Joe says "... well Future's always been singing".

Son... what? Goal post shifted like hell. Especially since the context was that Thug was doing something different with EBBTG. *****! Hndrxx dropped a week after Future. What is he even talking about? :rofl:

Joe doesn't **** with Future. Joe legit brought him up, says he's not _____, then moves the goal post to make the point valid. :lol:

All while never missing the chance to give the mid-rant "and I loooooooooovvve Future"

This is classic Joe. He probably has a Future diss track ready to go. He's gonna keep popping stuff until some of Futures goons pull up on him and he apologizes.

Budden stay moving goal posts :lol:. Complex also don't be fact checking....say Future ain't perform on SNL by himself....

***** just gotta come to grips with it. Future is one of the top 4 hottest rappers out today....and been that way for 2 + years going.....

***** got the streets, mainstream, mixtape crowd, International, pop etc. Well respected by the hip hop elites etc. Kendrick and Future dominating this year. Only out of touch ppl don't understand Future's impact.

Even my man @numbah1grimey came around :lol:.

Then he said the Superbowl ain't calling Future. :lol:

My _ the superbowl ain't calling any rappers.

Future was on Ellen, SNL, both late night shows etc. All them white shows.

Last edited:
I can't front, I been listening to some Future lately and it isn't half bad.
laugh.gif

First time I've taken off my kufi in a while.

Last edited:
One of those times Joe is just wrong. :lol: Future was on SNL by himself doing March Madness.

Drake is the only current megastar in hip hop. After that it's Kendrick, Future, 2Chainz, Cole with Chance moving up.

Kendrick & Cole again are on a different plateau then future. As far as stardom goes it's

Drake, Ye, Jay, Em

Cole/Kendrick

Then everyone else. I don't see how this is too difficult to understand.

Idk man....Future currently has the #5 song in country

Two Albums that have sold 800k and 500k that came out 7 days apart from each other only 3 months ago....that will soon be platinum. Is currently headlining a major tour by himself....with MIGOS as the opener.

The ***** is on an entirely different level. There's a reason why Kendrick is on the OFFICIAL "Mask off" remix. There's a reason why Future co-headlined the Summer 16 tour.

Nobody else is doing that. Kendrick Cole and Future are on the same tier. Which is the one below Drake. I don't even include Kanye/Em/Jay etc because they are "luminaries".

Last edited:
plenty of people who don't listen to futures music knows who he is

his style of dress was even being copied

Idk man....Future currently has the #5 song in country

Two Albums that have sold 800k and 500k that came out 7 days apart from each other only 3 months ago....that will soon be platinum. Is currently headlining a major tour by himself....with MIGOS as the opener.

The ***** is on an entirely different level. There's a reason why Kendrick is on the OFFICIAL "Mask off" remix. There's a reason why Future co-headlined the Summer 16 tour.

Nobody else is doing that. Kendrick Cole and Future are on the same tier. Which is the one below Drake. I don't even include Kanye/Em/Jay etc because they are "luminaries".

Don't get me Twisted future is absolutely one of the hottest and is on a strong string of success, so when i say he's not on that tier it's not a diss but more of a salute to just how Big Cole/Kendrick are.

future is approaching platinum on one album & gold on the other, your talking about dudes who have been doing platinum every project for the past 4-5 years. Have sold out multiple tours as the headliners. Are the headliners to festivals holding 60-80k people. dudes are going gold in a week. Not to mention that there fan bases seem infinitely bigger than futures. Hell Kendrick was literally on EVERY time the playoffs were on.

Mind you these are artist who are very brand conscious & i would assume turn down A LOT of looks. there's still a huge gap in the stardom of Kendrick/Cole & Future.

Don't get me Twisted future is absolutely one of the hottest and is on a strong string of success, so when i say he's not on that tier it's not a diss but more of a salute to just how Big Cole/Kendrick are.
And this is why this conversation is going nowhere. People are taking it as a slight to Future to say he's NOT on the same level as Cole/Kendrick. When it's not. It's just a fact 
laugh.gif

I really don't even know how this is arguable. Dudes keep running to all sorts of numbers, certifications and chart positions....when Cole/Kendrick have all of those things and more. 

And this is why this conversation is going nowhere. People are taking it as a slight to Future to say he's NOT on the same level as Cole/Kendrick. When it's not. It's just a fact :lol:

I really don't even know how this is arguable. Dudes keep running to all sorts of numbers, certifications and chart positions....when Cole/Kendrick have all of those things and more. 

Not really a "slight"....I only point it as a slight when it comes from Budden....because often times, he presents it that way.

I wouldn't have argued this a year ago. But the ***** Super has somehow gotten bigger since Ds2. And that was what we thought was the height of his popularity.

If you wanna say Cole and Kendrick sit on a tier just above Future....that's fine and I see the argument for it. But to say Future is on the level of everybody else kind of minimizes how successful he's been.

If you wanna say Cole and Kendrick sit on a tier just above Future....that's fine and I see the argument for it. But to say Future is on the level of everybody else kind of minimizes how successful he's been.
This is all I'm saying. 

I'm not in the Young Thug/Future debate. I think that's absurd. 

Future is certainly at the back end of the Top 5 of the biggest rappers out today. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom