Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

How is that a bad thing? Not everybody has to be a tough macho guy. It'd be different if he was acting like Tax then got punched but he never claimed to be that.
Why are we equating being tough to being held accountable for something you've done in the past?

This whole thread has been throwing the word "tough" around for pages. For what? Who said one has to be "tough" to get confronted over something? 

Nobody in here is asking for Akademiks to be tough and nobody is knocking him for being "non-tough" either. 

Charlemagne, OF ALL PEOPLE, even told him that he's going to be held accountable for things he said before he was in front of the camera. Being "tough" doesn't play a factor in that at all. 

its called selective outrage... Been prevalent in the black community and ****** defend it. How come he aint mad at the cats that killed his homies, how come he aint go looking for them?? Someone answer that for me. Mensa would never go after Reese, Recklezz, Breezy, King Yella etc. if any of them were to step to him. And those are all cats from his city.

Last edited by a moderator:
also whats wrong with joe budden thumb
what happened to it :x
u can see he's always hiding it

Last edited:
I didn't even know who Ak was until this show and I'm assuming most dudes my age didn't know him either so we formed different opinion of him. My opinion of him is solely based on how he acts on the show and IMO he's just some young NYC kid that I see around all the time in Soho or gentrified Brooklyn.

How is that a bad thing? Not everybody has to be a tough macho guy. It'd be different if he was acting like Tax then got punched but he never claimed to be that.

I knew he was. I just didn't follow him, because he wasn't my speed. He was mad flagrant IMO. It was a dude **** talking from behind a computer. I couldn't rock with that. Vlad tries to goad other people against each other and incriminate themselves. Ak would give his opinion on situations, often letting his bias take over. One thing about it is if you're a neutral, people will just paint you as a hater and dismiss you. When you start picking sides and going after particular people it's noticed.

He's not that young, he's 27. Ya'll are doing this dude like he's Chris Brown. If he were 18, again, it might be overlooked more.

But you're a grown man coming up gossiping and bashing rappers. You don't think you're going to answer for that?

But it's exactly like Tax. Tax talked **** and knew he would have to answer for it, back it up and was prepared for it. Charlamange told him this.

Star new this. His thing was to challenge you to do something and telling you he had something on him.

Ak was doing it without showing his face, so he was flagrant with it and people on the internet will put a battery in his back, because he had a little following.

It's easier to say stuff if you think you will never see these people. And I'm sure Ak is thinking we're not having "gangsta" rappers on the show, so I'm cool. Naw buddy, everybody notices what you're doing and you've offended a lot of people.

If Ak has offended so many people it's time to stop saying poor Ak, because this isn't a one time thing. That was his MO. Now that he's seeing people and has been seen, he's going to have to start being more PC and be careful with his words.

Back
Top Bottom