Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I get that but a lot of that talk about Dre not making beats is exaggerated. None of those dudes that was under him have had the quality after leaving Dre. Being a producer is not just making a beat too. Molding a artist, putting together albums, putting certain features together. Putting Nate Dogg on this hook, getting Roger Troutman on California Love. Coaching Eazy E through recording Boyz N Tha Hood. Him and DOC molding Snoop. It's not a coincidence that all these people have been at their peak with Dre. He's different.
Quik is the same way he just never had the machine behind him like he said.
He’s responsible for classic albums just like Dre

I get that but a lot of that talk about Dre not making beats is exaggerated. None of those dudes that was under him have had the quality after leaving Dre. Being a producer is not just making a beat too. Molding a artist, putting together albums, putting certain features together. Putting Nate Dogg on this hook, getting Roger Troutman on California Love. Coaching Eazy E through recording Boyz N Tha Hood. Him and DOC molding Snoop. It's not a coincidence that all these people have been at their peak with Dre. He's different.
My brother, my brother. I understand what producing is, what Dre does in the studio is magic. Even the beats that he doesn't make, he goes in there to clean em up and give them that premium upgrade. Dre is also the best of all time when it comes to mastering tracks but when comparing goats you gotta be stringent. Production is more than just making a beat, you're correct but I'd say as a hip-hop producer making beats is probably the most important attribute. Quik can do all the mixing and mastering as well as making timeless beats. Dre has the notoriety but Quik is the better producer imo.. it's kinda like the hip-hop version of Katt Williams vs Kevin Hart. Also, I gotta disagree on none of Dre's producing team having success after him. Scott Storch went on a crazy run in the mid 00s after Dre and was the highest paid producer one year before his drug habit caught up to him.

Quik is the same way he just never had the machine behind him like he said.
He’s responsible for classic albums just like Dre

You right about his label situation. I heard Quik say his label basically refused to promote him that's part why he was around Deathrow.

Quik definitely got a great catalog. Alonzo Williams said in a interview before that Quik's music is too good for hip hop. :lol:

It's kinda true cuz Quik's beats are very musical. All them Quik's Groove's are timeless. They're bigger than the average hip hop beat. I think that why the hip hop masses never really gave him his credit cuz you can't put him in a box.

My brother, my brother. I understand what producing is, what Dre does in the studio is magic. Even the beats that he doesn't make, he goes in there to clean em up and give them that premium upgrade. Dre is also the best of all time when it comes to mastering tracks but when comparing goats you gotta be stringent. Production is more than just making a beat, you're correct but I'd say as a hip-hop producer making beats is probably the most important attribute. Quik can do all the mixing and mastering as well as making timeless beats. Dre has the notoriety but Quik is the better producer imo.. it's kinda like the hip-hop version of Katt Williams vs Kevin Hart. Also, I gotta disagree on none of Dre's producing team having success after him. Scott Storch went on a crazy run in the mid 00s after Dre and was the highest paid producer one year before his drug habit caught up to him.

I'm with you on most of this. Scott Storch had a crazy run but none of those beats was Still Dre quality wise.

Dudes been wanting Tip to be a snitch so bad. :lol:

We going on like 15 years after that case and _'s still can't provide nothing. Dudes that don't like him keep his name up, it's weird at this point.

Nothings weird about it.

The goal post keep moving based on who people like.

Dudes paperwork is sealed. That's why he keeps saying I'll pay for the paperwork. Why would it be sealed, because he's continuing as an informant. Even though he said before he's never told on anyone. He didn't say I didn't tell, besides my cousin. But his paperwork would be out for him telling on his cousin at least.

and then the **** about he talked to his dead cousin...what?

You don't get a year and a commercial for the guns he had on a federal charge.

OSFLTN4ZNSL5QJUDNY7DBQHXXU.jpg

They were feeling generous and liked his music, huh. :lol:

50 said everybody thinks he's a rat.

Most people will credit Dre's best body of work to the death row days but it's a known fact that Quik was putting in most of the work at death row. I'd imagine Quik has to look at how much of a icon Dre became and it just eats him up because he knows he deserves just as much, if not more, notoriety. At the same time Quik isn't the best people person and he didn't make the necessary moves he needed to early in his career. This is why you gotta give dudes like Jay-Z and Dre credit, they know how to network their asses off. The internet has ruined a lot of stuff for me. It hurt my heart when I found out Dre didn't actually make the beats for most of his classics and Snoop didn't/doesn't wrote most of his own rhymes. Ignorance truly is bliss.

Most people will credit Dre's best body of work to the death row days but it's a known fact that Quik was putting in most of the work at death row. I'd imagine Quik has to look at how much of a icon Dre became and it just eats him up because he knows he deserves just as much, if not more, notoriety. At the same time Quik isn't the best people person and he didn't make the necessary moves he needed to early in his career. This is why you gotta give dudes like Jay-Z and Dre credit, they know how to network their asses off. The internet has ruined a lot of stuff for me. It hurt my heart when I found out Dre didn't actually make the beats for most of his classics and Snoop didn't/doesn't wrote most of his own rhymes. Ignorance truly is bliss.

I think Kanye made that more acceptable.

I never cared much, because Dre did classics prior to Death Row.

I just think as time goes, your name is what lives on and producers fall by the wayside. It's like Pete Rock, RZA, Premo and Dre.

Large Professor, Quik, Muggs, The Bomb Squad, Easy More Bee, Battlecat, Larry Smith, you have to know and now with streaming you don't know producers without a tag.

Nothings weird about it.

Dudes paperwork is sealed. That's why he keeps saying I'll pay for the paperwork. Why would it be sealed, because he's continuing as an informant. Even though he said before he's never told on anyone. He didn't say I didn't tell, besides my cousin. But his paperwork would be out for him telling on his cousin at least.

You're forgetting that money goes a long way in this country. Also Georgia's gun laws are much more lax compared to states like Cali or New York. This is what happens when you have money, elite lawyers, and powerful friends. You aren't providing any evidence he told on anyone you're just making up stuff and saying hearsay. Also lol @ you using 50 cent's word as if this cat is credible.

You're forgetting that money goes a long way in this country. Also Georgia's gun laws are much more lax compared to states like Cali or New York. This is what happens when you have money, elite lawyers, and powerful friends. You aren't providing any evidence he told on anyone you're just making up stuff and saying hearsay. Also lol @ you using 50 cent's word as if this cat is credible.

From his own mouth he said he was a snitch :lol:

He offered a million dollars for anyone that can prove he's a snitch. So why isn't the paperwork with his cousin out there? That would be an easy million.

Y'all like Clifford though.

From his own mouth he said he was a snitch :lol:

He offered a million dollars for anyone that can prove he's a snitch. So why isn't the paperwork with his cousin out there? That would be an easy million.

Y'all like Clifford though.
Idk where y'all grew up so I can't speak to y'all's background but where I'm from snitching has always meant that you and another person or people get caught in a jam then someone throws the others under a bus to either minimize their jail time or go free. Its my understanding that some people go by the logic of if any of us loss our life in the commission of a crime and the living person gets jammed then the living person could always put it on the deceased person. But the caveat was that you'd have to get the blessing from the deceased person's parents or siblings before putting that in their name. That's a grey area for sure but for me personally I only consider it snitching if you are actively putting a living person behind them walls.

Nothings weird about it.

Bruh this is like the most "I want it to be true but have no proof" argument. :lol:

It's really nothing to talk about when dudes just talking gossip basically. Where is the dude or dudes he told on? Where are they homies to say Tip snitched on my man. I guess they don't know it was really Tip of course because the US government values Clifford Harris so much. :lol:

TI has said he hasn't told on anyone dead or alive, but I guess he forgot telling on his own cousin. :lol:

His name is in his sealed paperwork, that you won't be able to find, but it's gossip when he's volunteered this information out his own mouth.

Oh how convenient... Bu bu but there's plenty of proof he snitched, it just happens to be sealed away for no one to ever see again :rofl:

Y'all dudes gotta chill. The world has definitely changed dudes calling folks snitches with absolutely no proof of anything just hearsay and a bunch of convenient excuses as to why we will never see paperwork.

TI has said he hasn't told on anyone dead or alive, but I guess he forgot telling on his own cousin. :lol:

His name is in his sealed paperwork, that you won't be able to find, but it's gossip when he's volunteered this information out his own mouth.

Ok but still let's look at this logically. So he snitched right... The person he told on went to prison after Tip's case. Wouldn't that person put 2 and 2 together? Or maybe whoever this person is ain't know who TIP the superstar rapper was but somehow Tip knew the inner workings of his operation. C'mon man.

Back
Top Bottom