Rap About Nothing: Hip Hop Chat Thread

I don't know **** about Vince but after this interview, I'll check the album.

I was dying the whole time but he said some real **** about self promo, "culture" and all the white people. I was dying when he just said PG's hairline touches his eyebrows. Hahahahaha, yo he was buggin. Mad funny. He had mad quotes. I liked how honest he was about his album sales and not being rich. Said he lives in an apartment and got his mom a house. A lot of **** being said.

And I liked him talking about the Pac movie. Said a lot of good things and one thing I been saying was it's too soon. Too many people are still hurt about it. The best biopics are 40-50 years later because the people watching aren't that knowledgeable

Last edited:
I don't know **** about Vince but after this interview, I'll check the album.

I was dying the whole time but he said some real **** about self promo, "culture" and all the white people. I was dying when he just said PG's hairline touches his eyebrows. Hahahahaha, yo he was buggin. Mad funny. He had mad quotes. I liked how honest he was about his album sales and not being rich. Said he lives in an apartment and got his mom a house. A lot of **** being said.

"Any ***** in LA born from 1989 to 1997 know what happend to PAC." - Vince

THANK YOU!!!!!

my favorite vince interview is when he described an encounter with another gentleman in the polo section

s**t was funny as hell

Lol you gotta be 40 to be taken seriously on NT

Who said that OVOWaves?

When dudes say off the wall ****and then say they're 20 we can excuse that.

For what? are you a gang member? are you in the streets of the Chi, Are you going to figure a way to stop these issues from going farther? whats the point

Y'all act like y'all don't be wanting to know why stuff be going on :smh:

That's like watching the damn news

Get off me fam

If you know that type of environment then already know why it's going on. Them kids ain't got no guidance, f'ed up schools, people don't have jobs, local government don't do **** for them. Ak ain't gon tell you that (correct me if I'm wrong). All he did was make corny jokes and give his BS "advice at the end.

And that explains everything. Not saying all 20 year olds are clueless but thats all we needed to know.
Its whatever i came here to voice my opinion on the situation akademiks was in... And all of yall chimed in which is dope.. I respect yall opinions. But when it comes to reason on my end i dont think you all understand or dont want to understand where im coming from. To sum up i just said. I dont get why akademiks was getting so much hate when it comes down to it. I can understand people being upset over his satirical content but if you look from the outside in "I felt like" akademiks was shining light on how my people are living in a warzone of a city and how bad it was (still is) to be living there and clowning their ignorance. I seen somebody in here post regarding to (why should you care about the details of their lives if you not from chicago and dont live that life) and (what are you going to do with that information?). i find that very ignorant. I would like to be aware just like the cat @IhaveAQuestion (i know ol boy probably tired of me tagging him :lol:) said "You got young kids out here talking about THOT and rappers already got caught up talking about they smokin on TOOKA its good for them to know the roots. i would like to have knowledge about these things knowledge is power" (non verbatim). but if yall dont see it that way then so be it i got my opinion and you all have yours. Im not the the type to argue in rage over the internet towards folks i dont know from across the world.... That **** mad corny.

Vince's interviews are always laughs. dude needs to start a podcast, forreal.
​nah nah, everybody don't need a podcast, he's good for a chat here and there

Vince is my favorite rapper out right now but I started skipping his interviews, he was doing the hot take troll thing a little too much last year

Forreal. I hope dude album get him the respect he deserve

Im guessing his episode on here was good btw. This will be the first one i watch
forreal bro. Vince is nice... One of the best right now. I studied homie for the past two years. Ive learned a few things from him. If Big Fish Theory is anything like or better than Summertime '06 he set.

And that explains everything. Not saying all 20 year olds are clueless but thats all we needed to know.
and another thing.. I dont know what my age has to do with anything. Theres alot of young minds out here that think brilliant. I.E. Vince, Homie 23 but schooling the likes of Joe Budden on a internet show. Im 20 but i have alot of sense i had hardships... Grandmother died in my arms taking her last few breaths with blood draining out her nose do to an asthma attack. I know about real life in my (young ignorant) mind. So therefore im allowed to voice my opinion on a topic about blacks killng eachother for no gawddamn reason.

Last edited:
Lol you gotta be 40 to be taken seriously on NT

You're a male groupie who says stuff like this

Ho budden is a Ho

That's why you aren't taken seriously

I feel like I'm having a discussion with a 16 year old navy or beehive member with you.

and I notice you're the type of dudes who support Akademiks.

Like I've been saying, Drake fans are built differently.

My question is..."why did you need to know who Tooka (or anybody else) is? Why is that important? Making hood Ns famous for doing hood **** only makes them targets or legends.

And then I also say...to what end? What did this "shedding light" thing do other than making that city a talking point for politicians who also don't care and will do nothing? What was Akademiks *actually* doing?

Giving us the blow-by-blow in this whimsical way and throwing in, at the end, "you guys gotta stop this," is akin to flashing a disclaimer before an episode of Jackasss.
You don't think that at some point people made it a goal to make his channel in the same way people wanted to "make the news," back in the day? You don't think broadcasting that someone's homie got killed, in that way, doesn't make the urgency for revenge that much stronger? Because, now, a national audience is seeing these pride fueled young men appearing to take an L because they're homie got killed. So now they have to...

And I don't want it to be mistaken: he's not the root of any of these problems. He's a lame who is so detached from any hood **** that it's entertaining to him. But to say he's trying to make a difference in any way is completely disingenuous and dishonest.

If you know that type of environment then already know why it's going on. Them kids ain't got no guidance, f'ed up schools, people don't have jobs, local government don't do **** for them. Ak ain't gon tell you that (correct me if I'm wrong). All he did was make corny jokes and give his BS "advice at the end.

Exactly. If that channel didn't include content about how the state of parts of Chicago has been an issue for decades and stems from a history of being underserved by the those with the power to help, amongst other related factors, then he flat out didn't educate viewers.

I don't want to drag the discussion out any further, but these two posts touched on my perspective.

Vince was a dope guest.

He's so quick and to the point that he ended up making Akademics silent for most of the episode because he takes so damn long to express any of his opinions :lol:

and another thing.. I dont know what my age has to do with anything. Theres alot of young minds out here that think brilliant. I.E. Vince, Homie 23 but schooling the likes of Joe Budden on a internet show. Im 20 but i have alot of sense i had hardships... Grandmother died in my arms taking her last few breaths with blood draining out her nose do to an asthma attack. I know about real life in my (young ignorant) mind. So therefore im allowed to voice my opinion on a topic about blacks killng eachother for no gawddamn reason.

It ain't as simple as those kids just wake up and decide to be gangbangers. People like AK are not educating you on nothing. He's one of them dudes that acts like these kids are zoo animals. He wants to look at them, be entertained, make jokes, then say "you animals clam down". It's some other places that you can go to get some real insight.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom